The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.2

562 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First phone interview then assistant manager interview then store manager interview then you have to do drug test and they will call you back for training which is really long

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Short and sweet and I got the job I went into the office and we talked a little while and then we got down to the questions and we had 5 or so questions and then we talked a little bit more and then I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Round Lake Beach, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Round Lake Beach, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

First you get a automated phone interview that shouldn't be to hard (yes or no questions) then you interview in person. All together takes a week or two. All together is a smooth process

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The process was fairly standard. basic interview questions. As long as you are prepared and professional you will be fine. Know about home depot and the variety of great services that they offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy. Mostly standard questions and "what would you..''. The person was very nice and looked like she genuinely care to find right fit for the position. Personnel was very friendly. I was offered position on the spot. Drug test and background check took few days. Overall process was quite easy and fast . So far I'me very happy.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with angry customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with rude customer?   1 Answer
    • What are ways you're trying to get better for your position apart company training (something like this, don't remember word by word).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Covington, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Covington, WA).

Interview

I applied online, they followed up with a Phone screening, I believe afterward was a Phone Interview. Next I was asked to come in person. The first time I showed up, they were disorganized and had to reschedule me. In person interview, got the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you handled a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Syosset, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Don't ever apply for a job with Home Depot - especially at this store.

Had a simple telephone interview and was invited into a store for a face to face interview.

Reported to the Customer Service Desk as requested in the email I received.

Was seen by bad attitude obese, young woman at their SYOSSET NY store who after calling several extensions, told me "She's busy and will see you when she's free" and then she walked off.

After catching up with her I said 'when will that be' and she said she didn't know.

I said told her "thanks but no thanks" and walked out.

I'm very grateful because if that's the way they treat potential staff, I could imagine how their employees are treated once they're hired. My standards are higher.

Buyer beware.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

You have to apply online at the company's website. Afterwards they'll contact you based on your assessment. The next step is a phone interview. The woman I spoke with was extremely cordial. I could tell she really enjoyed working for Home Depot. From there we schedule the Face to Face interview. Be prepared to answer questions about your customer service capabilities. The interviewer was very nice. I'm now waiting to hear back, if I get hired or not.

Interview Questions

• If you see a customer walking in the aisles looking confused what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bowling Green, KY) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview lasted 45 minutes. Standard Interview questions, work history, personal history, job aspirations, job description, etc. I was contacted within 30 minutes to return and meet with the assistant Manager. Then I receive a tour of the department and offered the position before the day ended.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation with a previous employer where you were confronted with a disgruntled customer and how did you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, it took a few weeks to get an email back. It informed me that i would receive a phone call. It was an automated call asking if i was still interested and about hours and salary, ending with scheduling an appointment for an in person interview. I then received an email about my in person interview. 3 days later i had my in person interview. Got there 15 min early and went to the returns area and was to where to go from there. The lady who interviewed me came out shortly after and was very kind and eased my anxiety right away. They go over your online application and make sure everything is right. Then they read you questions out of a packet and write down your answers. The lady informed me that they had me set to work in the flooring department and ask if i would be able to life heavy tiles. As i am a 5'4" 104 pound female, i didn't feel that i could. The lady informed me that it was okay that they wanted to put you in a place that would work for you as to not set you up to fail. I asked what other departments were open. She informed me that they had tool rental as well as cashier availability. She then showed me around the tool rental area and introduced me to the cashier's head supervisor. After that we went back to the office and was asked what area i would be interested in and i told her that any of those areas would work. She then asked me if i was in a rush and informed her that i wasn't. I was then back in the waiting area, as going to be talking to the manager. Shortly after the manager introduced himself and we went to his office. We mostly talked about ourselves and a bit about the job. After that i went back to the lady who i originally spoke too. She informed me that i was offered a cashier position. After that we signed forms, one for a background check(takes about 1-2days) then did a drug test (oral swab). My orientation is the following saturday.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a customer was rude to you out of the blue?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if you saw a customer that looked confused?   Answer Question
    • a customer is upset with a person on another department what do you do?   Answer Question
    • what is a time you received excellent customer service?   Answer Question