The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orange, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Once you get an interview, the rest is easy

Negotiation

This is what we are offering.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lewiston, ID) in January 2014.

Interview

Behavioral Interview. Standard interview questions. Easy. Interviewed with manager, then HR person, They offfered me a position, then I met with the manager of that department. Had orientation 3 days later, then computer training, then started working on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a team on a difficult task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Sat at customer service for about 30 minutes before being taken to the back to sit more for the interview to start. The interviewer didn't seem like they wanting to be giving the interviews that day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was getting angry and making a seen?   5 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in March 2019.

Interview

Short, simple and to the point. The questions are mainly situational as in what would you do if this and that. I would highly recommend applying and working here as the benefits appear to be significant

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Santa Maria, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

showed up 10 minutes early, was told to wait for manager. waited 20 minutes then was told to head to the back of the store to wait by the office. spoke with manager then went home.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful work scenario and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Fast and quick worked at different location before and was hired same day of interview. The store a first was nice 1yr later not so caring about needs of her employees and started to notice a high turn over rate.

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cherry Hill, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the store manager who hired me on the spot after a brief interview. He was not interested in looking at any of my documentation such as diplomas proof of previous employment and work experience. I understand that now since the Home Depot is paying below than average wage which is not enough to live on in the state of New Jersey.

Interview Questions

• How to interact with customers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Valdosta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

Very simple. If you are chosen to be interviewed chances are you will be hired. They begin with a phone interview, and if they continue interest past this point the job is yours to lose.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lubbock, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Call center contacted me, set up an interview for my store, met with an assistant store manager. They were pretty basic questions. Several situational questions. Nothing that was very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. Alot of questions based on scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Scripted interview. Gotta keep the playing field level. Will interview with either Hr or an assistant manager. The process can take a while depending on the store because you fill out an online application and questionaire then if you pass that you move them to the store level.

Interview Questions

• Most of the question are situational. How would you react what would you do in certain situations   1 Answer