The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First phone interview then assistant manager interview then store manager interview then you have to do drug test and they will call you back for training which is really long

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Easy, after applying online, I got an email with a number to call or wait for them to call me. I called and answered some questions, then schedule a face to face interview. I went to the interview, answewrd some more questions about handling customers. I was offer the job, and did a drug screen before I left.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a disgruntled customer who wanted something from another department.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Glendale, AZ).

Interview

applied online , went through many many many phone screens , calls from atlanta for low wages driving far away , declined many offers, was grateful , wound up going to a job-fair and was interviewed then hired a few weeks later ..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Manchester, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

applied online, received email / phone call from Staffing Center. Answered a few questions from an automated system, then talk to a person that set up an interview at the store.

Went to the interview which I thought went well. Was told I would interview next with store manager but never got the call back. I went to the store and spoke with the person I originally interview with twice to follow up. They said they'd check into it and call me back. Haven't heard from them and really don't expect to.

Would be nice to get some feedback so I could improve on the interview process. I suspect that they thought I was overqualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult task and how you overcame it   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They just look to see if you are good with people. They will first do a phone interview and if you answer their questions correctly in a positive manner, you are then scheduled for an in store interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer is upset?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kitty Hawk, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kitty Hawk, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Telephone Interview ( 2X)
    One on one scheduled via phone then an email was sent regarding time, place and who to meet with. Several names were given. Department was mentioned so I was able to explore/ learn about products prior to the one on one interview. Dates, times and process of arrival given in the email along with phone number if I needed to make other arrangements.

Anonymous Employee in North Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North Birmingham, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview within 3 weeks. The interview was very informal and laid back. We spent a lot of time going over the job description and requirements.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I was called to schedule an interview but when I arrived for the interview I was told my interviewer was not there. So I was sent home to await further notice by a manager.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Honolulu, HI) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was a basic one on one interview. HR Manager asked me about six questions from a paper, then copied down my answers. At the end of it all she told me what position she had available and I took it. This was my first job interview, but it was not my first job, so I understood all the questions she asked. The questions ask differ based on whether or not you have job experience.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time where you and a coworker did not like each other? How did you overcome this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sparks, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with one upper management and local sales manager. Mostly about customer service and taking care of the customer. How to handle all types of customers to ensure good experience

Interview Questions

• how to handle upset customer   1 Answer