The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First phone interview then assistant manager interview then store manager interview then you have to do drug test and they will call you back for training which is really long

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Easy, after applying online, I got an email with a number to call or wait for them to call me. I called and answered some questions, then schedule a face to face interview. I went to the interview, answewrd some more questions about handling customers. I was offer the job, and did a drug screen before I left.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a disgruntled customer who wanted something from another department.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The process was fairly standard. basic interview questions. As long as you are prepared and professional you will be fine. Know about home depot and the variety of great services that they offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First interview was by phone. THD HR person confirmed receipt of application and was told that an interview schedule will be emailed in a few days. I was eventually interviewed in person by one of the store department supervisors a week later. The interview was pleasant and straight forward. I was hired and immediately underwent a drug test. My background check took about 2 weeks. I reported for work about 3 weeks since i first applied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palmdale, CA).

Interview

Showed up to my interview and was surprised that the manager had no clue I was coming , therefore the questions were scenario ones from a packet . Got a call back telling me I put certain hours on my resume knowing I put completely different ones only to be told they were looking for someone with different time availabilities

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Sent in an online application. Was invited for a series of in person interviews. Eventually was hired after a few weeks. As long as you know a little about Home Depot, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• What makes you right for Home Depot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received a call a few days later asking basic yes/no questions and was able to schedule a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview went great, was asked simple questions and was offered a job. Took drug test right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you did not have an item a customer was asking for.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through the step-by-step process of what you would do when a customer walks in the store.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer is rude to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Reno, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

Begins with initial online application on Home Depot's website. Then an email will be sent to you providing the number to an automated phone interview that asks about 5 basic questions (all yes or no, nothing hard). Then depending on your responses, you will be prompted to schedule an in-person interview at the store you applied to. It offered many different dates and times for you to choose from. For the actual interview I dressed business casual (Jeans, button up shirt, tie, and causal boots). I was immediately brought to the break room and told to wait for about 5 minutes. The operations manager then came out and greeted me and invited me into his office to proceed with the interview. He was very friendly and welcoming. The interview lasted about 10 minutes and consisted of him asking about my background and experience and also questions pertaining to completeing duties (such as how I would greet a customer, what I would do if I saw a co-worker, doing something wrong, and why I want to work at The Home Depot). The interview was wrapped up when the OM told me that we would likely be in touch within a week. About a week later I received a call letting me know that I had passed the interview process and was invited to receive a drug test and a background check. The drug tests consists of sticking a swab stick in your mouth for 10 minutes. The results of the drug test took about 6 days to come in. After I passed both the drug test and background check I was hired and then was scheduled two 4 hour training sessions on the computer and then a 4 hour long orientation. Orientation consisted of a PowerPoint slide show presented by the Operations Manager and then aquitition of an apron and a locker. I also received my first schedule at orientation. Overall the interview process was very smooth and pleasant (though long at some points, but that may just be because I'm very impatient lol).

Interview Questions

• What was your prior work experience?   Answer Question
    • How much customer service experience have you had?   1 Answer
    • Can you think of a time that you saw a co worker doing something wrong and what did you do about it?   1 Answer
    • Why The Home Depot?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about a week or so. The hiring manager called me to setup an interview with me. Interview took about an hour with drug test. The interview was pretty easy. got an offer but it wasnt for the position i applied for but i still accepted

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a major obstacle that stood in the way of you accomplishing a goal or commitment.​ How did you approach the situation?​   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palm Coast, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

it took about 1 week after I applied to get a call. Did a 5 phone questionnaire with an automated system then it scheduled me for a in person interview. You have to go through what they call "3 interviews" first one is your basic interview, second is a sit down with a store manager and do a in store drug test and background check, 3rd one is accepting your job offer and salary and filling out pre employement paperwork.