The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.2

587 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First phone interview then assistant manager interview then store manager interview then you have to do drug test and they will call you back for training which is really long

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online at Home Depot. One brief interview with store manager. Discussed employment history and general interview questions. After pay discussions and job offer, they sent me for a drug test and conducted a background check. I was called after that process was done and set up a start date.

Interview Questions

• Asked about different sales situations and how I would handle them.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was okay. Just remember the basic such as dress for the interview. Black, blue, or gray pants. White light gray or blue shirt. Hair back and men please wear a tie. No polo shirts jeans or stuff like that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit in our company?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was super short, first phone interview to screen availability, then in person interview with a hiring manager. Lastly an interview with the HR person and bam you're hired on, assuming you'll pass the drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an anger customer if you're already helping another customer?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Spring, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Is walking in and don't have no police problem post on indeed getting along with salesperson and person working person have questions and don't no to much about
    Find someone that can and don't no just try. Give best answer about it that ask about

Interview Questions

• My interview was over the telephone reading about drug test and interview and
      Other stuff try to take advice of thing that you read about interview over the phone don't bring on drug around the job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reading, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Reading, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Fast and easy with a brief description of the company and history. Asked the basic questions about strengths and weaknesses as well as going over my work experience and why I wanted to work there.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and about 10 days later got an email to do an automated phone interview. Automated phone interview led to in person interview with store manager. The store manager was really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time when you thought a goal was unreachable or too difficult but you reached it anyway.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Short and sweet and I got the job I went into the office and we talked a little while and then we got down to the questions and we had 5 or so questions and then we talked a little bit more and then I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Round Lake Beach, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Round Lake Beach, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

First you get a automated phone interview that shouldn't be to hard (yes or no questions) then you interview in person. All together takes a week or two. All together is a smooth process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (West Valley City, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

My interviewer was around fifteen minutes late to the interview, but it wasn’t terrible. My interviewer was really nice and it was a calm environment. They asked me what I would do in certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What would you did if you had an angry costumer that need help.   1 Answer