The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.2

576 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First phone interview then assistant manager interview then store manager interview then you have to do drug test and they will call you back for training which is really long

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Short and sweet and I got the job I went into the office and we talked a little while and then we got down to the questions and we had 5 or so questions and then we talked a little bit more and then I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and about 10 days later got an email to do an automated phone interview. Automated phone interview led to in person interview with store manager. The store manager was really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time when you thought a goal was unreachable or too difficult but you reached it anyway.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Round Lake Beach, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Round Lake Beach, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

First you get a automated phone interview that shouldn't be to hard (yes or no questions) then you interview in person. All together takes a week or two. All together is a smooth process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (West Valley City, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

My interviewer was around fifteen minutes late to the interview, but it wasn’t terrible. My interviewer was really nice and it was a calm environment. They asked me what I would do in certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What would you did if you had an angry costumer that need help.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Syosset, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Don't ever apply for a job with Home Depot - especially at this store.

Had a simple telephone interview and was invited into a store for a face to face interview.

Reported to the Customer Service Desk as requested in the email I received.

Was seen by bad attitude obese, young woman at their SYOSSET NY store who after calling several extensions, told me "She's busy and will see you when she's free" and then she walked off.

After catching up with her I said 'when will that be' and she said she didn't know.

I said told her "thanks but no thanks" and walked out.

I'm very grateful because if that's the way they treat potential staff, I could imagine how their employees are treated once they're hired. My standards are higher.

Buyer beware.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

You have to apply online at the company's website. Afterwards they'll contact you based on your assessment. The next step is a phone interview. The woman I spoke with was extremely cordial. I could tell she really enjoyed working for Home Depot. From there we schedule the Face to Face interview. Be prepared to answer questions about your customer service capabilities. The interviewer was very nice. I'm now waiting to hear back, if I get hired or not.

Interview Questions

• If you see a customer walking in the aisles looking confused what do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bowling Green, KY) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview lasted 45 minutes. Standard Interview questions, work history, personal history, job aspirations, job description, etc. I was contacted within 30 minutes to return and meet with the assistant Manager. Then I receive a tour of the department and offered the position before the day ended.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation with a previous employer where you were confronted with a disgruntled customer and how did you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Everett, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Rather drawn out to absurd lengths. Three separate interviews, one with HR, another with a salaried assistant store manager, the last with the store manage for a part-time, hourly position.

Interview Questions

• The usual: tell of a time when you provided excellent customer service; discuss an incident where you had to deal with an angry customer; etc, etc, ad nauseum.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Covington, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Covington, WA).

Interview

I applied online, they followed up with a Phone screening, I believe afterward was a Phone Interview. Next I was asked to come in person. The first time I showed up, they were disorganized and had to reschedule me. In person interview, got the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you handled a difficult customer?   Answer Question