The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First phone interview then assistant manager interview then store manager interview then you have to do drug test and they will call you back for training which is really long

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The process was fairly standard. basic interview questions. As long as you are prepared and professional you will be fine. Know about home depot and the variety of great services that they offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Easy, after applying online, I got an email with a number to call or wait for them to call me. I called and answered some questions, then schedule a face to face interview. I went to the interview, answewrd some more questions about handling customers. I was offer the job, and did a drug screen before I left.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a disgruntled customer who wanted something from another department.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Very Short and Easy, didn't really ask very many questions, obviously needed employees, I applied for a summer position and first did a phone interview and then did an in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Laredo, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

They asked simple questions like (what is your availability, what experience do you have, etc.). It took them an extra 10-15 min to interview me cause the assistant manager was running late.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer with something that your not familiar with   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First interview was by phone. THD HR person confirmed receipt of application and was told that an interview schedule will be emailed in a few days. I was eventually interviewed in person by one of the store department supervisors a week later. The interview was pleasant and straight forward. I was hired and immediately underwent a drug test. My background check took about 2 weeks. I reported for work about 3 weeks since i first applied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palmdale, CA).

Interview

Showed up to my interview and was surprised that the manager had no clue I was coming , therefore the questions were scenario ones from a packet . Got a call back telling me I put certain hours on my resume knowing I put completely different ones only to be told they were looking for someone with different time availabilities

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Sent in an online application. Was invited for a series of in person interviews. Eventually was hired after a few weeks. As long as you know a little about Home Depot, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• What makes you right for Home Depot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received a call a few days later asking basic yes/no questions and was able to schedule a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview went great, was asked simple questions and was offered a job. Took drug test right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you did not have an item a customer was asking for.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through the step-by-step process of what you would do when a customer walks in the store.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer is rude to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and in-store manager interview. It went pretty good. I believe the needed people and didn't make a great deal. You will need to undergo training after acceptance. Nice overall

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What makes you a good fit etc.   Answer Question