The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2018

2.2

614 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First phone interview then assistant manager interview then store manager interview then you have to do drug test and they will call you back for training which is really long

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Asked about 6 questions on how u would with interest w customers very easy interview drug test & background check happens about a day later . Pay is about 11.50 a hr during peak seasons after that if goes down

Interview Questions

• How would u deal w a rude customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

I got an email to pick a time to go in for an interview. i had an interview early in the week and a 2nd interview that Friday. I am still waiting to hear back from them since the store is changing managers during the time i interview . over all the interview process was not that bad

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pasadena, TX).

Interview

Took about a week to receive an email for an interview. I got to the interview and waited for over an hour. The lady forgot I was coming. She had her assistant store manager interview me while she sat in her office. The manager interviewing me had no interest. With all the long crazy questions about customer situations, I answered them but he kept forgetting what I was saying. Had to repeat myself multiple times. (There were 5 different situations and each situation had three question parts) It was a very frustrating experience and don't recommend. Was offered a job but with the way I was treated, I turned it down. They didn't seem to care about the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation a customer was mad at an employee, came to you too complain. How did you fix it? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tampa, FL).

Interview

It was short and easy. not too many questions and more or less a shoe in for the position. The questions were easy and the hiring manager was a very cool knowledgable guy who'd been with the company for a while

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Maplewood, MN) in March 2018.

Interview

Face to face interview after online questionnaire & application. Met with both the hiring manager and the supervisor for the garden center where I was applying. Both asked and answered questions in a professional but relaxed atmosphere. I was given a mouth swab drug test and signed permission for a background check. It was obvious that they had pride in their store and enjoyed their jobs.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who doesn't know what they need?   2 Answers
    • How would you handle a request for something HD doesn't carry but you know another retailer which does?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sugar Land, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

So I came prepared, knowing what kind of character they're looking for in people, if they hire students, the prerequisites, etc and this lady wanted everything I was not basically. I don't hate home depot even after this interview, I just hope that they can be clear from the get go they want someone out of college or not interested in it, will work for 10+ years, and has more experience than what is required for what you apply for.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on going into college, if so what major?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Naples, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

Really simple apply online. I had an interview by the next day. Basically you go through the first interview, then a callback, and if you pass you do drug testing and background check. By the way if your under 18 you can only work as a cashier or in gardening so apply as fast as you can once a spot opens.

Interview Questions

• They asked what to do if a customer asks you for something and you don’t know what it is.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Hampton, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

Every worker I encountered or spoke too while waiting to be interviewed was extremely polite and some even offered advice and well wishes. The interview was with the assistant manager and I was invited to interview through email one day after applying. The conversation flowed easily before she introduced the interview questions which were the same six questions she asks for all the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were dealing with a customer that was angry at you or another coworker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

There were 2 interviews and then an immediate mouth swab drug test. I was taken to my first interview which consisted of basic customer service questions and scenario questions. I was then taken to a second interview with the store manager which consisted of availability and logistical questions. I fortunately impressed him enough to hire me on as a full-time position, which he apparently seldom does. Enthusiasm goes a long way!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer approached you in a rude manner and what was the way you responded?   Answer Question
    • Describe an accomplishment you’ve made in your career and what you did to accomplish it.   Answer Question
    • Why the Home Depot?   Answer Question