The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.2

561 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I received a call two weeks later to set up an interview. The associate who took me to the backroom was the one who interviewed me (I think it was supposed to be the assistant manager but he was busy at the moment). She asked me questions from a packet, and they are fairly easy if you prepare for them. Afterward, I went into another room where the assistant manager was. He told me that I was going to do a drug test and sign paperwork for the background check. He also asked for my availability, but because of this, I didn't receive the position.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experiences make you qualified for this position?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you were put in a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
  • How would you handle an angry or rude customer?   Answer Question
  • Describe how you would handle a situation if a customer asked for a product that is not available/in stock.   Answer Question
  • How would you close the sale with a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was a total of two weeks from the phone call to answer questions to the 2nd interview. I am a 16 year old African American male who has never had a job so don't feel discourage because of your age, race, gender or prior job experience . Like I said I have never held an actual job before but have done some volunteer work that would qualify me for the job. The questions were not hard, but some of them were specific to someone who has had a job before. Look presentable with business casual clothes as I wore that attire to both interviews and do research on The Home Depot and the position you are going for. I drive myself so getting to the interviews were not a problem time wise, but I did not bring my parents as the 2nd interview was 10:30 am and they had work so when offered the job as a minor you have to get a parents signature to do the drug test (mouth swab) within 24 hours of the job offer. Apply to as many Home Depot's as possible as well as the positions they offer to better your chances. I hope this helped especially young people like me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgecrest, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ridgecrest, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty fast. The assistant manager asks me set of questions and it was really conversational. He told me that there will be another interview. So I have to wait. He told me that there are numbers of open position so they will decide where will you be. So I guess I have to wait for the call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in home depot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orange, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was an easy process. Applied online and got a call a week later asking for an interview the next day. The interviewer asked 6 different scenarios, fairly easy.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Standard questions followed by an immediate drug test. They just want to make sure you know how to talk to customers and deal with annoying situations if necessary. They ask if you are certified in lift equipment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lafayette, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was on time for my interview and I had to patiently wait a good 10 minutes. My interview was not bad, but the interview only lased 10 minutes. The online application did not specify that i had needed background knowledge. May not get a callback

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Easy, after applying online, I got an email with a number to call or wait for them to call me. I called and answered some questions, then schedule a face to face interview. I went to the interview, answewrd some more questions about handling customers. I was offer the job, and did a drug screen before I left.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a disgruntled customer who wanted something from another department.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Laredo, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

They asked simple questions like (what is your availability, what experience do you have, etc.). It took them an extra 10-15 min to interview me cause the assistant manager was running late.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer with something that your not familiar with   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Broomfield, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Face to Face at nearby HD Store. Job Fair. They had you talk to HR Manager and Store Manager. Interviewed about 30 min. Very low turnout at time. In large room with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a rude customer. My past experience at HD. I was reapplying after a few months after leaving for personal reasons.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Very Short and Easy, didn't really ask very many questions, obviously needed employees, I applied for a summer position and first did a phone interview and then did an in person interview