The Home Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.2

587 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Stockton, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was scheduled through the company's website. I took some boilerplate online personality test. After about a month, I received an automated phone call asking for an interview. I made that appointment for later in the week. I went into my scheduled interview; the interviewer was not aware the interview had been scheduled. He asked me questions about my work history (he did not have my resume and I hadn't brought one; I thought that would be included in the information the company sent him... which they didn't.). The gentleman was very personable and suggested a couple options within the company, as I'd mentioned I was concerned about the standard 10 bucks an hour they were offering. He liked my qualifications and said he'd discuss me with the store manager; I should receive a call for a second interview by the end of the week. A week later, I followed up with him, and he assured me I'd hear something within another week. I haven't heard from them since.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about a week or so. The hiring manager called me to setup an interview with me. Interview took about an hour with drug test. The interview was pretty easy. got an offer but it wasnt for the position i applied for but i still accepted

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a major obstacle that stood in the way of you accomplishing a goal or commitment.​ How did you approach the situation?​   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palm Coast, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

it took about 1 week after I applied to get a call. Did a 5 phone questionnaire with an automated system then it scheduled me for a in person interview. You have to go through what they call "3 interviews" first one is your basic interview, second is a sit down with a store manager and do a in store drug test and background check, 3rd one is accepting your job offer and salary and filling out pre employement paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Glendale, AZ).

Interview

applied online , went through many many many phone screens , calls from atlanta for low wages driving far away , declined many offers, was grateful , wound up going to a job-fair and was interviewed then hired a few weeks later ..

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cerritos, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

For the first interview they had me waiting for over an hour, once the interview actually started they were very kind and professional. They asked basic questions like how you would deal with a rude customer and what skills you have to bring to the company. The second interview was like 5 minutes long then they offered me the position and you take the drug test then. It's the mouth swab test so don't worry about having to pee. Highly recommend all veterans who are looking for work to apply.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a rude customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Manchester, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

applied online, received email / phone call from Staffing Center. Answered a few questions from an automated system, then talk to a person that set up an interview at the store.

Went to the interview which I thought went well. Was told I would interview next with store manager but never got the call back. I went to the store and spoke with the person I originally interview with twice to follow up. They said they'd check into it and call me back. Haven't heard from them and really don't expect to.

Would be nice to get some feedback so I could improve on the interview process. I suspect that they thought I was overqualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult task and how you overcame it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took more than a month to schedule an interview then one more week for the interview. The hiring manager was friendly and not intimidating at all. asked me mostly role play question and one about personal a achievement.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the situation that a customer came up to you and spoke to you in a rude manner?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Meeting with ASM to answer cookie cutter questions. It was a sit down interview where the ASM read off and took notes to company specified questions. After that interview I was called back to meet the store manager and take the required drug test and fill out necassary forms for employment.

Interview Questions

• How a candidate would handle customers if the customer was upset with another associate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hermitage, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Hermitage, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Met with an assistant store manager first, straightforward interview. Reviewed my answers on an online application and then had a few generic personality questions. After this interview I met with the store manager and had a very similar experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you encountered a difficult situation with the customer and then how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to multi task in the result of your actions   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for The Home Depot?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

poor honey easy cannont here we go come again
    regards
    thank you more and motor aadvance auto thank you i really iwant tome here atahin k;ks to from tv ads tooth paste signal 2 use it twice twice