The Home Depot Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Stockton, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Initially screed in a telephone interview by local HR person and invited to meet face to face. Interviewed by HR person and third interview set with Store Manager. Store Manager told me that he did not think I would be a good fit because of my education and experience. In short, over-qualified.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Nashville, TN) in March 2008.

Interview

Basically, Home Depot only accepts applications online. I don't how they determine who gets picked. I suspect the database spits out candidates to be called. So it's better to include as many locations that you can work at when filling out the application because it increases your chances of getting a call, and if you do get the call, even if it may not be the store you want, if you really want to work at HD, you may really want to consider taking it because you may not get another call for awhile. You can always transfer later. (You'll have to wait 6 months I believe)

I've been at HD for 3 years. I started as an associate. Don't know how they determine new Specialist candidates.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really have an interview because I was asked to become a specialist because they knew I could do it, but I always get thrown with the "Describe a situations where..." questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no interview really, I had spent enough time learning the position. Everyone knew I could do the job, but because of the economy, on top of a policy change of not offering pay raise with title, they said they couldn't offer me more money. I was told I made more as an associate than what the entry level specialist makes. Which is frustrating because I was still playing by the "old rules". If I knew about the new rules, I would've taken the title as soon as I moved to the specialty department, instead of actually trying to learn the position and become competent BEFORE applying for the specialist position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Trussville, AL) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online, was called the next day and given a number, received another phone call with a brief interview (2 questions) about how I had handled certain situations in previous jobs, received another call to interview at store, interviewed with Asst. Man., called back by HR to come sign papers. Whole process took no longer than a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation at a previous job where you handled a difficult customer and what you did to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Position was only part time.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Gainesville, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule an in person interview the following day. Had trouble finding the HR office. Spoke with HR for a brief minute and then went into the ASM office to interview with assistant manager Brett. After interview I went back to HR office to do drug test and fill out paper work, was hired immediately. Started working after background test went through (about a week_

Interview Questions

• What was one situation with your previous employer where there was an issue that you resolved?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

all hiring is done online, you take a painfully long test. if your credentials and your test pass, then they will contact you via phone. they will arrange an interview. usually, if you don't get the job, they say they will call you but never do. If you are offered a job, they will call within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to deal with a really difficult customer, what was the situation, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation on salary, they start lower than they used to.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later received a call for an initial phone screening. By the end of the call, I was scheduled for an interview with store management. I was surprised that I was interviewed by the Store Manager. She asked about my past experience and what departments I would be most interested in. She said she would like to have me working directly with customers on high ticket purchases and suggested starting me as a greeter in Decor, and then put me through training to be a Kitchen Designer. She had me meet briefly with the Assistant Store Manager over those departments. I was then turned over to HR to sign paperwork, schedule the drug test, and told I would receive a call when background check and drug test results were received. About 2 weeks later I received a call from HR to come in to sign paperwork and schedule my orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told what the hourly wage would be. Just be sure to get clarification regarding what department(s) you will be working in and the type of tasks you will be expected to complete.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Most of the time you don't need experience,they train you on the job

Negotiation

They just tell you how much they will pay you and that's it,there is no negotiation.Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Seattle, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

I initially applied online, which was then followed by 2 interviews, both of the interviews were over the phone and they were fairly easy. Each took about 10-15 minutes, mostly basic interview questions plus some questions trying to identify your character and how you would handle certain situations. But the focus was mostly on customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your colleagues have issues/problems with each other?   Answer Question

I got a better job offer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2012.

Interview

you have to take a pysch exam online. tell them what they want to hear. Basic questions, easy to figure out. It is a standardized test also used by Lowe's and Wal-mart

Interview Questions

• "Would you be willing to work both weekend days, every weekend"   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. you are told what you will make (they always lowball you). take it or leave it. I was underpaid by at LEAST 60$ for 6 months a week until I begged the store mgr. for a raise or even more hours to make up the difference. Had I any sense or foresight, I NEVER would have accepted the full time offer, as the raise from PT to FT was miniscule, and I could have made more by taking an additional PT job. On the bright side, I FINALLY learned what kind of job NOT to take

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Too many last minute cancelation , they were very late , yet the store was fairly empty generic asked about previous experience , drug screening

Interview Questions

• Asked about my Family status and health History????   1 Answer

My private life is not my work life , I proved Myself to My Country in difficult time , I was lucky to come back , pay was too low for the area ,