The Home Depot Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy with basic customer related questions . I applied online and got a call within 3 days to attend interview at the store . I went to store and did it followed by drug test. A week later I got a call that you are hired . Thats it.😊

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in North Bergen, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North Bergen, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

The waiting was a bit longer than I expected, and the interview was about 20 minutes. The interview process was quick and easy she asked a lot of customer service questions & offered me the job on the spot for 12 dollars an hour part time. I haven't accepted it yet because I have another interview today but their offer was so good it's probably the one I will accept!

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview is a joke, the person conducting the interview asked very simple questions. The interview lasted ten minutes. Anyone can get a job there because of the horrible turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Soquel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Soquel, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was in three stages. First a phone review, then an HR interview, and finally an interview with the department head. The interviews were laid back and almost felt informal. The process was a little long from interview to offer considering the number of openings that needed immediate filling. It took longer than expected to get the background check back. HR was very good about staying in touch with me. I suggest that you give at least one follow up call to your interviewer a day or so after your interview to let them know that you are still interested and excited about The Home Depot.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to share my personal view of good costumer service and give an example of a time that I gave good customer service to a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Southfield, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted via phone for a phone interview. During the phone interview I was mostly asked questions about if I still wanted to apply for the position as well as told what the possible days that I could end up working.

I was then contacted about coming into the hiring store for a face to face interview. I arrived 10 minutes early for my interview. I checked in at the customer service desk as I had been instructed. From there I ended up waiting 28 minutes past my interview time to be seen.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel makes you qualified for this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by HR and specialty manager. Was told I didnt have to do packdown by specialty manager but in reality not true and manager denies saying it. Now I get written up for not doing packdown. Backstabbed and lyed to. Rehires get less per hour.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with aggressive customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Easy. You have to be horrible for them to not accept you.

Interview Questions

• It was all made up; they knew who they wanted by looks and a do-able wit. I was hired before the corporate phone interview. Fake. All fake.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, he just told me what I would be paid and made me sign a paper. I thought nothing of it. NEGOTIATE. This puny kid without a GED got paid more than me! Because he was a guy and I have an Associates degree.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Most of the time you don't need experience,they train you on the job

Negotiation

They just tell you how much they will pay you and that's it,there is no negotiation.Take it or leave it.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later received a call for an initial phone screening. By the end of the call, I was scheduled for an interview with store management. I was surprised that I was interviewed by the Store Manager. She asked about my past experience and what departments I would be most interested in. She said she would like to have me working directly with customers on high ticket purchases and suggested starting me as a greeter in Decor, and then put me through training to be a Kitchen Designer. She had me meet briefly with the Assistant Store Manager over those departments. I was then turned over to HR to sign paperwork, schedule the drug test, and told I would receive a call when background check and drug test results were received. About 2 weeks later I received a call from HR to come in to sign paperwork and schedule my orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told what the hourly wage would be. Just be sure to get clarification regarding what department(s) you will be working in and the type of tasks you will be expected to complete.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Seattle, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

I initially applied online, which was then followed by 2 interviews, both of the interviews were over the phone and they were fairly easy. Each took about 10-15 minutes, mostly basic interview questions plus some questions trying to identify your character and how you would handle certain situations. But the focus was mostly on customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your colleagues have issues/problems with each other?   Answer Question

I got a better job offer