The Home Depot Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.2

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Submitted online application. Interviewed with store manager. No openings in desired position, but, offered position in favorable alternate dept. Offer accepted. Manager stated, I would be contacted the following week to schedule for orientation. Following week, No call received. I called and left 3 seperate messages, no response. 2nd week, contacted by manager of another store with a current opening in the position I had originally applied for. Unable to apply, application status frozen by 1st store manager. Called, left message, requesting release of application status due to 3 week delay in scheduling of orientation and availability of position at alternate store. Request declined, 4th week contacted to schedule orientation appt. During orientation, notified reassigned to dept 59 Decor instead of Dept 36 Outside Design Consultant. Refused reassignment, reinstated as Dept 36, but in reality provided full coverage for dept 59.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions, mostly concerned with scheduling and availibility to work weekends.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

24 hours after applying online got an email to complete a phone interview and set up in person interview at Home Depot.

Went in for the interview three days later. Checked in at service desk and was directed to the managers office; I noticed how extremely busy it was but everyone was still courteous and friendly, even the customers.

I went through two interviews on the same day.

Pretty straightforward standard customer service interview questions, many of the questions were based on scenarios and the interviewer wanted to know my response to each scenario.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer at the register while being the only team member the customer interacts with during a visit to Home Depot.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Home Depot strives to give exceptional customer service so during the interview remember to be passionate about customer service.

Garden Recovery/Freight Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Created an account and applied online. Received an automated call to schedule and interview and was given the choice of 3 dates each date had 3 times that were available. Went in on my selected date and time and met with my interviewer. After the interview I met with the store manager who told me what my potential schedule would be and after that he shook my hand and welcomed me to the team. 1 week after that I went in and signed all my official paperwork.

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Thought provoking. They want to see how you view scenarios and if you're able to both think on your feet while maintaining standard operating procedure. The interviewer was polite but direct. You could tell he knew what he was searching for.

Interview Questions

• What happens if you're approached with knew tasks but you know your current tasks will keep you busy till end of shift?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

You apply online and then they call you. When you get in the office they have a packet of random questions that they could ask you, which leads me to believe that interviews are mostly the same for every person. If you are hired they tell you on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

When I started many years ago, it was only the store manager asking you what kind of customer service skills you had in the past. Now it is done all centralized through Atlanta. Where some one calls you for phone interview and determines whether or not you go to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to have a drug test?   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Sat at customer service for about 30 minutes before being taken to the back to sit more for the interview to start. The interviewer didn't seem like they wanting to be giving the interviews that day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was getting angry and making a seen?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Was to be about fifteen minutes. Ended up being an hour and a half. The interviewer saw potential in me to move up the ranks and we discussed a plan. I left feeling awesome and encouraged! I started days later and I love it so far. Great growth potential. I feel like this is a company that truly cares about its associates. Excited to see what is next!

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a customer who asked a question you don't know the answer to?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Interview

Applied online for various positions at HD roughly half year ago and did online personality quiz and hardware knowledge test. Had several phone screenings without in store interview. This time I was asked to come to the store and was offered part-time job after brief interview. Which hours I am willing to work, answered any available.

Interview Questions

• Situation where I was assigned a job which I had to complete and a customer asked me to assist him.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First it was an automated service that asked two preliminary questions before being connected to an HR person. Then I had to wait 30 minutes before speaking with someone. After speaking with the individual, I was told the salary and asked if I was open to the amount offered. The salary hasn't changed since I worked there in 2013. As a part-time cashier its difficult to raise a family off this salary.

Interview Questions

• The Home Depot is a fast paced working environment, do you feel you can maintain the speed of everyone else?   1 Answer