The Home Depot Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.2

Garden Recovery/Freight Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Created an account and applied online. Received an automated call to schedule and interview and was given the choice of 3 dates each date had 3 times that were available. Went in on my selected date and time and met with my interviewer. After the interview I met with the store manager who told me what my potential schedule would be and after that he shook my hand and welcomed me to the team. 1 week after that I went in and signed all my official paperwork.

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Thought provoking. They want to see how you view scenarios and if you're able to both think on your feet while maintaining standard operating procedure. The interviewer was polite but direct. You could tell he knew what he was searching for.

Interview Questions

• What happens if you're approached with knew tasks but you know your current tasks will keep you busy till end of shift?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

When I started many years ago, it was only the store manager asking you what kind of customer service skills you had in the past. Now it is done all centralized through Atlanta. Where some one calls you for phone interview and determines whether or not you go to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to have a drug test?   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Sat at customer service for about 30 minutes before being taken to the back to sit more for the interview to start. The interviewer didn't seem like they wanting to be giving the interviews that day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was getting angry and making a seen?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Was to be about fifteen minutes. Ended up being an hour and a half. The interviewer saw potential in me to move up the ranks and we discussed a plan. I left feeling awesome and encouraged! I started days later and I love it so far. Great growth potential. I feel like this is a company that truly cares about its associates. Excited to see what is next!

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a customer who asked a question you don't know the answer to?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Interview

Applied online for various positions at HD roughly half year ago and did online personality quiz and hardware knowledge test. Had several phone screenings without in store interview. This time I was asked to come to the store and was offered part-time job after brief interview. Which hours I am willing to work, answered any available.

Interview Questions

• Situation where I was assigned a job which I had to complete and a customer asked me to assist him.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First it was an automated service that asked two preliminary questions before being connected to an HR person. Then I had to wait 30 minutes before speaking with someone. After speaking with the individual, I was told the salary and asked if I was open to the amount offered. The salary hasn't changed since I worked there in 2013. As a part-time cashier its difficult to raise a family off this salary.

Interview Questions

• The Home Depot is a fast paced working environment, do you feel you can maintain the speed of everyone else?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They asked the usual interview questions:
    Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer
    Tell me about a time you had a leadership role
    Why did you choose Home Depot

The overall experience was great, easy flowing interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a leadership role
      Why did you choose Home Depot
      Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Ouside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed for the area manager, on time and for more than an hour, it was a nice conversation in private and without interruptions, he was seated right in front on me and his attitude were friendly and pleasant, he told me that it was more interviews ahead of me, but for reasons of fair it was one to one, It was a good experience and I hope to be hired at the end of this week

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I totally love you his job and inquire others to join our we are a great company who cares about our fellow employees. We encourage everyone to appl and come see what the team is all about. We look forward to meeting you.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your work performance   1 Answer