The Home Depot Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Code challenge and conversation. And spoke to interviewer in person about my experiences. Did a challenge on a white board. Spoke about the other possible solutions. Also had a screener interview by phone a few days earlier.

Interview Questions

• What’s a project you worked on and what language   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screening to make sure you have the experience, then moved on to a phone technical interview, had an onsite technical interview and interview with another manager (same day), finally an interview with the manager of team I would work for.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical interview questions, too far in past for me to remember exact questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

The initial phone screen took a couple of weeks from applying. Then there was a video interview about a week from the initial phone screen. I was offered the position the same day.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly about my past work experience etc during the phone screen. The video interview consisted of answering what I've done during different scenarios   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

I was first contacted by a Senior recruiter, Korinne Powell. She asked me about my projects and some basic resume questions. I was then called for an onsite interview followed by a phone screen. Throughout the interview process, Korinne was very kind and helpful with her prompt responses and I do believe we need more recruiters like her, she made the whole interview process easier for me . And the interviewers were really experienced and were understanding. Overall it was a very positive experience thanks to their excellent recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at The Home Depot?   15 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

First interview was phone interview with the recruiter.
    The second interview is 2 group interview activities. First one was to put scrambled code in order and the other one was to design a class.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Marietta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone screen asking about prior experience and comb through resume

Then invited onsite for group setting interview. Involved code challenge and system design challenge.

Given offer about a week later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018.

Interview

Got the job description from the recruiter. Was scheduled for a phone interview with the program manager. The interview was a mix of behavior questions and some basic Java core questions. Seem like they look for someone who has experience with RESTful services.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone screen person texted me late at night (after 10pm) on a weekday and called a few minutes after I responded, which seems pretty unprofessional but he's an HR person so I don't really hold the company responsible.

Interview Questions

• Adamant about me having above a 3.4 GPA.   1 Answer
    • Asked about side projects and experience with java.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview. After I week, I went to have an on-site interview. It was a group interview which has two parts. First was about the UML diagram. The second was about scrambled codes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

It took me 3 weeks applying online, Phone screen and face to face interview. Overall experience was average. Office was pretty good in Atlanta. Lively and colorful. Declined offer.