The Home Depot Special Services Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Special Services Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2016

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bridgewater, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was comfortable and casual. Interviewee provided valuable information and insight of job. While there were questions generated in a standard form, he made them more relevant for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation; was informed of the pay rate upfront.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Marlborough, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very comfortable and informative. I felt welcomed as soon as I entered the door. I did not have to wait for my interview even though I was early. The interviewer/company seemed to care about my scheduling preferences because they want their employees to be happy. The interviewer seemed to enjoy working there. It is a friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• What kind of hours I prefer to work.   1 Answer

Special Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2015.

Interview

I came in and met with the Assistant Store Manager who took me to the back and asked me four or five simple interview questions. I was then asked about desired pay and availability, and then I was told that I would hear back from someone at the store in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you are helping a customer and another customer approaches you for help   1 Answer

Special Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interviewed by Store Manager and Assistant Manager. Typical interview questions, interview took place in back break room. Very casual, easy process. Management made me feel comfortable and easy-going. Hired on the spot then took a drug test. Began work within a couple of days after drug test result came back negative

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cypress, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Short had two people in the room, one was asking the questions and the other was observing my reactions and response. The lady whom was asking the questions seem to be bothered by the other manager observing the interview. But overall it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you''ll be a better fit for this position than others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Amarillo, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online the next day, I got a phone interview where they ask 4 or 5 interview questions then they set me up for an in store interview . The in store interview process was fairly easy the manager asked me questions pertaining to customer service and some are what would you do in this situation type. They offered me the job at the store and then i had to wait for them to call me in after they got the background check and drug test results in so I could complete the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that makes you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Special Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porter, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Porter, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and completed position assessment. Two days later I received an email with a follow up phone screen interview from the Atlanta. They asked me behavior questions using previous experience scenarios. After 1st phone interview I received an email within 2-3 days to follow up with on-site interview with HR. HR interview was delayed due to re-scheduling. In person interview was laid back and easy repetitive questions from phone interview including work experience (10 min interview). If your a great candidate they ask question to see where you best fit in. I was interviewing for cashier position and ended up at service desk due to my experience and accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about your related work experience? 2. A customer is not happy with the product or service. How did you handle the situation? 3. What are your accomplishments?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mankato, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Called The Home Depot a few later and got an interview set up a few days later. Got interviewed first by the manager below the head of the store. Right after, got interviewed by the store manager. No negotiation for pay. The whole process took about a week. The interview was easy. Focus on customer service and you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was told that there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an online application followed by a one on one interview with a member of management team and that person recommends you for a particular role. There was only one interview for the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a difficult customer - what happened; what did you do / what action was taken and what were the outcomes of your actions taken.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chattanooga, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied on a Saturday. Monday I recieved a company generated email that requested that I call into this automated number and speak with a rep. The rep asked me 4 questions and documented mu answers. The following day an HR rep called me and asked I was avaible to come in earlier for my interview, in which I accepted. The interview was about 30 minutes. The manager explained why they were hiring and really focused on the company culture and his expectations of his workers. After answering all of his questions, I met another manager, who spoke with me. Once the interview was concluded, an offer was made to me on the spot :). Once I accepted, I was immediately directed to go take a drug test. I was then advised that the background check will take about 3 days and the HR rep will call me to let me know when the training class will start.

Interview Questions

• These questions were scenario based questions, which were fairly easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

He asked me what I would like to accept as a salary, I stated between 9.00-9.50, he offered me 9.50.