The Home Depot Specialty Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Specialty Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 1, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA).

Interview

I met with three different people. First was the in-house HR personnel, then an Assistant Manager, and last was the Store manager. You can usually tell after meeting with the Assistant Store Manager as to whether you will be offered the position. They are the ones that will work closely with you compared to the Store Manager. Genuinely Impressive them and express how you will make a positive difference and you're good.

Interview Questions

• What qualities can I bring to the store that will benefit myself and others?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online with lots of personality test, mathematical test and timed IQ test. a week later got a phone interview from head quarter not from the actual location, simple automated yes or no questions and the person asked 3 questions about job experience, customer service, and multitasking under stress. the person set me a in person interview at the actual store. a week later, had interview, I met store manager in his office, there's other candidate waiting for interview, including even couple of current employees, the manager was nice and polite, and very professionally conduct interview, asked 5 questions, in between question, he asked about additional specific question about technical skills, or retail experience in large scale box store. Interview lasted about 30 minutes, at the end of interview, he offered me 3 different positions that I can choose with hourly rate. I accepted. in an other office, they did drug test and make me sign on consent documents.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the customer service that I performed above or beyond customer expectation or satisfaction.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself? in general and in careers in the past.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Encinitas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Encinitas, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Two managers asked cross referenced questions about situations that were good and bad. The questions were all role playing types meant to determine how you interact with customers and resolve problems. Basically retail sales 101. Questions aimed at the resume were meant to find the best department for placement. I was never asked how soon I could start or if I needed to give notice to my employer.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst situation that you had to deal with and how did you handle it?
      What did you do in your past job and what were your major responsibilities?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Newark, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Very quick process. Basic questions (tell me about yourself, where have you worked previously, why do you want to work here, etc.). I also met with the HR coordinator to go over the schedule breakdown and to check off my availability. After that I was given paperwork to complete a drug test within 24 hours and i started immediate employment.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The online info and interview was tedious at best. The online questionnaire was too long. I suspect this is designed to filter out people, but based on some of the people I work with I am amazed they got past it and received a job. Having been a manager at a national retailer I think they are just filling with warm bodies not really adding people who will become long term assets.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer looking for something in the store!   1 Answer

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, got follow up call from robot, then was transferred to a person in a call center who asked generic form questions. Passed that hurdle, got an interview set up at the store. Met with the department manager, who asked generic form questions. Decision is made by the store manager.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions about working as a team, handling difficult customers.   Answer Question

Low pay.

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Poway, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Did online personality survey and application. Told I did not qualify. Got a call from Atlanta (headquarter) and did the over the phone interview. They want to know you're availible 24/7. Made appointment for in store 1-1 interview. Met with HR specialist and department head was hired on the spot. Barked to be just a time filler hey just want 24/7 availability. Process was way to long for pay compensation and hours offered.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekend?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation!

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and took a quiz to determine my most suitable placement in Home Depot. Then I went into the store to be interviewed in person. The person that was supposed to interview me was not working so I was interviewed by someone else. Later, I had a second interview with an Assistant Manager who oversees the department I was going to be placed in.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were typical and there were no questions regarding my knowledge of the products that Home Depot carried. Many questions were based upon my ethics, past job situations and relationships with co-workers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any type of negotiation for the job or the salary.

Anonymous Employee in North East Junction, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North East Junction, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Simple scripted questions. Met with the HR Manager who has the questions, and then Assistant Manager. They asked which department I wanted to work. They offered me the position on the spot. They were both down to earth people.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a difficult customer you had to deal with? and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Klamath Falls, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

Apply online then Waite for interview in store. Interview then if selected they offer you and get drug and background checks. Generally the sore manager may call you for a second interview but usually only one interview is required.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation in your former job.
      How do you handle difficult people.
      Describe a time when you made a mistake.
      Answer Question