The Home Depot Interview Questions in St. Louis, MO | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2016

1.8

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Filled out online app and was called back within a day to do a phone interview. Passed that then moved on to in-store interview with store manager. Afterwards I had to schedule another interview with the department head and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to overcome a difficult situation in a previous job.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Very quick and easy. Applied online, emailed about the position, took an automated phone interview and set the time for an in-person one. In-person interview took about ten minutes, got offered the cashier position.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where a customer asked something you could not answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer simple and thoughtful answers, don't sound too rehearsed. Just be honest

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Filled Out Application Online.
    Phone Interview
    Scheduled For Face To Face Interview
    No Call Back To If Not Selected

The Interview Time Was 9am, I Didnt Get Interviewed Until 10am. Very Unprofessional.

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy I met with the store manager for the interview. I was offered a position on the spot. Basic "give me a time" questions.were asked. About 6 or 7.

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collinsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Collinsville, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Before my in-person interview, I had an over the phone screening, where they scheduled my in-person interview. Went in 15 minutes before my scheduled interview, was asked several basic questions, and the interviewer already had paperwork prepared, so I'm assuming that I was already hired before the actual interview itself. Was then asked to go to a lab a few towns over for a drug test that same day. Took about three or four days after that before I was called to scheduled my first few days of training. I was then in training for three days before being put onto the floor proper.

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

got call within one week, went in to interview with store manager next day. Three days later they called and offered me the job. It took a few days to get my background check back and drug test. Then started the next week. Training was rediculous though.

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

very easy. everybody is hired seasonal to work in the garden center then after spring is moved to another dep or leave.did a phone interview, he asked about some customer service experiences. after was called for a interview in the store with HD and offered the position. very informal and laid back. then i was in.

Interview Questions

• if i know someone eho works there   1 Answer

Pro Account Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was quite thorough on the position available, responsibilities, benefits of the company. The interviewer was not prepared to discuss salary for the position. The interviewer presented in-store situations with problems arising with customers and seeking answers of how would it be handled.

Interview Questions

I had an offer for another position.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy interview. But be ready to receive a truck load of promises. Beware you will be told what you wanna hear but reality will soon sink in. You will lose money for at least the first few months. 100% commission sales. Be prepared to lose money paying for your gas to go from one bad lead to another as the good leads are taken by the Sr sales reps. Being new you will get the ghetto areas and probably won't sell much .you will make 80 for every 1000 you sell so do the math and really think this job through. In interview it sounds great in reality it's not.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Process started with automated phone questions which anyone could answer. Then I was transfered to a live person who asked me several more questions. I was told after answering the questions that I had passed that portion of the interview process. Then that live person scheduled a face to face interview at the local Home Depot store. Face to face interview at store was with a woman who seemed like she could care less about me, the interview, or her job. The interviewer did no make eye contact with me, she seemed distracted, and was unprofessional. She gave me very little information and did not explain to me the purpose for, or the reason why, she was requesting certain information from me. The interview lasted about ten minutes. Two weeks passed and I got a call from the lady who interviewed me requesting that I provide a state I.D. in order for them to run a background check. I was asked at that time if I was still interested in a position at Home Depot. I was told that the position I applied for was no longer available but they were considering me for other positions but did not tell me which ones.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

After face to face interview at the store I decided that it was not a work environment that I wanted to be a part of.