The Home Depot Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dublin, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

You have to have it in good with the district team. There is a lot of back and forth before you are eligible to even start the interview process. Once started you walk on egg shells not to upset the district team.

Interview Questions

• Name one time that you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Honestly the worst process ever..... Make you wait forever to interview with "regional Staff" they have no real clue. It's all about politics and it very oubious. They really have no clue what is going on.. HR is a complete joke it's a call center in GA and they have no answers and give a ticket number like a IT help desk... Honestly worst company to work for both hourly and management .... The leadership is horable and its all about them

Interview Questions

• Why Home Depot? Tell me about your leadership style?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Easy questions. Very simple process. It was really easy. I loved the process. It was in Tucson arizona at the time. It was not as structured as it is today

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Following a phone screening and review of work history and education, the recruiter set up an interview time/place/date, at the district office. The interview was actually a group interview with 3 other candidates for the position, including an internal candidate. Following introductions, each was asked to interview while the other candidates were completing a battery of timed examinations, which included basic math, customer service, time management, and operational knowledge. A panel interview followed, then candidates were advised of the time frame for follow up. Within 48 hours, an invitation to another interview with the district staff was extended, but not accepted.

Interview Questions

• Your career seems to be leading you into another direction, why would we want to risk hiring you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Detroit, MI).

Interview

You will attend an assessment with approx 4-6 other candidates. You are watched and graded on everything. Dress, timeliness, questions, interactions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Specific product knowledge questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to add one week vacation and $5,000 more in salary.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sacramento, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

it is all about who you know
    core value questions
     Use STAR and base answers around core values

Negotiation

no negoation at all it is a flat pay line or nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was really short. Sadly I didn't have enough management experience, coming out of a writing major. They had a few easy questions and a few hard ones. But the guy was really busy and said he'd call me back but never did.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

You always get a fit interview, test, aptitude on solving problems and dealing with everyday situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take the offer or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Canton, MA).

Interview

4 Interviews, one phone, one RMA, Assessment, Meet with D.M, Meet with V.P.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Brutal

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

Candidate selected first, then a series of "n+2" interviews are done, and then the offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations are done at a regional level. District and store level have no decision making ability