The Home Depot Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.9

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Honestly the worst process ever..... Make you wait forever to interview with "regional Staff" they have no real clue. It's all about politics and it very oubious. They really have no clue what is going on.. HR is a complete joke it's a call center in GA and they have no answers and give a ticket number like a IT help desk... Honestly worst company to work for both hourly and management .... The leadership is horable and its all about them

Interview Questions

• Why Home Depot? Tell me about your leadership style?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

5-8 situation based questions. Tell me about a time, how would you handle this scenario? The primary interview was a panel interview with 2 people, one asking questions and one acting as the scribe.

Interview Questions

• How would you introduce yourself to your new team? How would you understand you new market?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

Process was several phone calls, followed by an on-site interview. Upon arriving I fought my way thru all the picketing employees, and several security gates. I think it is safe to say it is a bad sign when you arrive at a company and most of the employees hate upper management and they just seem to laugh about it.

The big picture - no follow-ups, 60 day hiring cycle, cheap expense reimbursement, incompetent corporate HR department, Clueless management, junior staff- Home Depot was a real dog and pony show. My advice to top tech talent: stay away. It doesn't seem like they really care about candidates at all. I just don't think they value people. They probably wipe their butts with 500 candidates to get 1 worker. I would not suggest them to anyone in IT after my experience.

Interview Questions

• If I would work for 30% less than what had originally been offered. Of course, cheaping out was what got the company into the mess they are in in the first place.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kingsport, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Very tedious. Phone interview with recruiter. Online assessment testing. Panel interview with Dist HR and DM. More assessment testing. Toughest interview I've had. Very detailed assessment and over 3 hours for final panel interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non existent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Took forever. They don't give you much heads up. No preparation for the interview. Ridiculous questions that don't apply as usual to real world scenarios. Blah blah blah blah. They act like family is everything but your milked out till you break.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a perfect choice. What do you do for a store that has high shrink. How do you solve conflict between two Astana managers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Panel interview about 45 miutes

Interview Questions

• Interviews are situational based. Be prepared to speak about specific examples- not hypothetical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer is typically the offer- not a lot of room for negotiation. Home Depot expects you to prove your worth to them before they pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2013.

Interview

Very in depth with several interviews including but not limited to 1 phone interview and two face to face interviews. 1 with district staff and 1 with regional staff. Overall fairly basic questions just several parts to each question.

Interview Questions

• Difficult task that u were unable to complete   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dublin, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

You have to have it in good with the district team. There is a lot of back and forth before you are eligible to even start the interview process. Once started you walk on egg shells not to upset the district team.

Interview Questions

• Name one time that you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Canton, MA).

Interview

4 Interviews, one phone, one RMA, Assessment, Meet with D.M, Meet with V.P.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Brutal

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

You always get a fit interview, test, aptitude on solving problems and dealing with everyday situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take the offer or leave it.