The Home Depot Interview Questions in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

2.4

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tampa, FL).

Interview

My interview and hiring process went relatively quick. The interview went as scheduled with no delays. I was offered the position and a drug test the same day. I began work 2 weeks after my drug test and background check. But the overall experience was great. Best of luck with your search!

Millwork Department/Floor Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I tell this story all the time.....
    I was interviewing with a manager of the store who I would have to guess was probably twenty years younger than me, about ten years ago. The interview was going really well and near the end....... He asked me, " Where do you see yourself with Home Depot in a year from now"? I kindly replied, Doing your job!!!
         Needless to say but, I will. I didn't get the job. I think I must of scared him.......

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with this company a year from now?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on September 13. Had a phone interview on September 15 and was given an in-store interview appointment for September 21. I arrived 10 minutes early, but wasn't met for an interview until more than 30 minutes after my appointment time. I was given a paper to sign, then told the position for which I'd applied, Customer Service Assoc, had no openings. I could apply for a Cashier position, and MAYBE, if I worked really well for a year, I would be able to move to the job I'd applied for and was qualified for. They also told me they thought I was better suited for the job I applied for, so would probably not be happy as a cashier. I didn't quite understand why they gave me an interview appointment for a job that wasn't available, even though, when I looked at the website when I returned home, it was still listed as open. I was quite unhappy about wasting so much time after thoroughly preparing to be interviewed. I wasn't asked a single question, nor did I receive an apology my disappointment and for wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked nothing. I was given an interview appointment for a job they told me when I arrived was not available.   Answer Question

HDE Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Got a poorly worded email from HR trying to setup a phone interview. I replied several times and proposed dates and times. Finally connected with him and heard all sorts of excuses. Then he told me there was a freeze on the position but he still wanted me to interview. What does that mean? Anyway, I randomly got a call from the hiring manager a few days later and we setup a face to face interview. It lasted about 1.5 hrs. The interview started with basic HR questions. The interview process was old school and informative. I think my interest dwindled the more he talked.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen and he placed it in front of me. Pretty old school.   Answer Question

Order Puller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

This was a moderate length interview. First was a phone interview which asked some questions regarding work availability. The in person interview was about thirty minutes of work situation questions. Mostly situations and what would do or not do. Also why do you think you are a fit?

Interview Questions

• what would you do when working with difficult person   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on money and hours.

MET Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was nice and easy, after doing the initial face-to-face interview with human resources I was called back two days later to do any interview with the store manager. After the interview, the offered me the job and I was sent to a clinic to do a drug screening. I was told by Human Resources it would take about a week to get all the information from the drug screening and background check. After two and a half weeks I called Human Resources wondering why I hadn't received a call back and was told they were still waiting on my background check. Another week passed and I finally received a call to set up an orientation date.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Initially applied online. Received a call from Home Depot. Performed a phone screening interview .then in store interview by first one person then another.Job offer made a few days later contingent on drug test.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with disgruntled person?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Flat per hour rate offered.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tampa, FL).

Interview

applied online, they called about a week later , interview on the phone, if you pass that interview they will schedule one for the store. The process usually takes 2 interviews but the manager hired me on the spot, however they changed the position they offered from sales associate to cashier.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you went out of your comfort zone for a team   Answer Question

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Petersburg, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Briefly asked about my job experience, looked over resume, they let me know
    I had to work at least 1 weekend day. I explained I needed Sundays off for Church. I was a bit nervous. In the end, I felt more relaxed and the atmosphere felt more comfortable. I was a bit nervous when they said I had to submit a drug test because I had just ate a poppy seed bagel either that day or the day before. I have heard that poppy seeds can come up in a drug test as opiates. I explained this to the general manager of what I ate but she said she wasn't sure if this would affect the drug test. Overall, I got hired so I guess I was OK.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Kitchen and Bath Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palm Harbor, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

First call was from their Human Resource Center in Georgia. Asked if I was still interested in working for Home Depot. Also, they asked if I was flexible regarding work hours, including evenings and weekends.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked for help finding a product in a different department?   1 Answer