The Humane Society of the United States Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Humane Society of the United States

2.9

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Humane Society of the United States (Gaithersburg, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

Was e-mailed for a phone screening within a few days of applying online, and was surprised at how fast the response was. I replied quickly and received a confirmation two days later for a call later in the week. Half an hour into the agreed upon time without getting a call, I sent another e-mail asking to reschedule as they had apparently missed the time to call me. Later that day, I received an apology e-mail asking to reschedule. The screening was typical, and as usual, it was with HR who passes information to the hiring manager. Nearly two weeks later I received an e-mail asking me to come in for an in person interview and offered days/times. I again responded quickly but did not receive confirmation for a couple of days. Upon arriving, the confusion made sense- it seemed that there was a lot of miscommunication going around, including HR notifying me that day that they were still phone screening other candidates. While the people themselves were very nice, I was unimpressed with their process, sadly, because I think the organization does great things. I was turned off from applying for any other positions in the future.

Interview Questions

• Do you have anything in your life that would go against the mission of the Humane Society?   1 Answer

The Humane Society of the United States Response

Nov 19, 2015 – Senior Vice President, Human Capital and Administration

Thank you for the feedback on our recruitment process, and we are sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with your application and interview process. We believe strongly that hiring... More

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Humane Society of the United States (Washington, DC) in March 2018.

Interview

Contacted for phone interview via email from HR recruiter a few weeks after applying.
    Scheduled for in person interview same day at DC office with 2 hiring managers . 90 minute process

Interview Questions

• What interested me about the position?
      Salary expectation?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Humane Society of the United States (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process started with a telephone interview. If asked to move forward, you'd draft a press release on a specific topic. I was then offered the position. I applied early so had to wait a while for a response, the team was however very responsive

Interview Questions

• What is an important way in which people communicate information?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Humane Society of the United States.

Interview

I emailed asking about the program and submitted my resume. A week later I had a phone interview with them. They were really nice and it was the normal, basic interview. Upon acceptance, they will do background check on you which takes a couple weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Humane Society of the United States (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

It was very informal. They called, asked a few behavioral questions, and then pretty much offered me the job, assuming that my background check went ok. I think they more focus on your resume than anything else

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Humane Society of the United States.

Interview

There was a fairly quick - maybe half hour or so - phone interview, and then a little while later a request of a writing sample. The phone interview was pleasant and they were very responsive to communication and my schedule, even when I had to reschedule my interview at the last minute because of illness.

Interview Questions

• What are some projects this company is working on that interest you?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The Humane Society of the United States in February 2016.

Interview

The interview and hiring process took too long--over 5 months. After submitting the initial resume, I had an HR phone screen within 2 weeks. The follow up phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled 5 weeks later. An in person interview with a 6-person team was scheduled 3 weeks later. I was notified 2 months later that an internal person had been hired for the position.

Interview Questions

• The initial HR screen was pretty standard including if any of my beliefs were against the mission of the organization. The hiring manager phone interview asked more specific questions regarding my experience and what I would bring to the position. The team interview seemed awkward. Most of those employees that were part of the interview, didn't contribute to the interview. I asked them how this position would work with each of the members in the room and they didn't seem to know. The hiring manager left a month after the position was offered to the internal candidate. Seemed like a reorg at the company, but no one wanted to disclose it.   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Humane Society of the United States (Gaithersburg, MD).

Interview

Over-the-phone interview with HR about 2 months after I applied. Easy to talk to, typical questions. I thought the interview went well, but I never heard from them again despite multiple follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I expected to get for a salary.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Humane Society of the United States (Englewood, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

Three Separate interviews offering little information about salary

acceped differen offer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Stroudsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Humane Society of the United States (East Stroudsburg, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Once accepted into the graduate program you may request to have a graduate assistanceship. Depending on how many courses you have taken or how much time spent with the professors it may be quite easy. They always have grants they are working on and need help.

Interview Questions

• How will you balance school work and a graduate assistanceship?   1 Answer