The Hut Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Hut Group

2.6

Health and Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hut Group (Louisville, KY) in January 2019.

Interview

There is a huge gap in the company's interview process that needs to be corrected. I recently interviewed with the company, and the hiring representative was HASTY and RUDE. Plus she failed by doing all of the following: Late to the scheduled interview, No interview questions prepared, Unorganized and professionally clumsy. Lastly, the representative proposed unfair salary wages for my work experience. It truly shows why this company has such LOW company reviews.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer did not have any questions prepared! (No Technical or Behavioral questions)   1 Answer

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hut Group (Lindon, UT).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a brief phone interview. I sent in writing and content samples. When I came in for the in-person interview, the person conducting it hadn't looked at my resume at all. I heard back about two weeks later that they had went with a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• If I looked at your Instagram, who are some accounts you follow?   Answer Question
    • What social media/content writing work have you done?   Answer Question

Trade Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hut Group (Lindon, UT) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone screen, interview with 3 hiring managers and then a phone call with an offer. I had the phone screen and they brought me in the next day where I interviewed with the ecommerce manager (trading manager) and then the General manager of the US. After that, I was out of town, but the hiring manger for the team I was to be on called me and asked me about a lot of things. They called the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you've had to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hut Group (Lindon, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone interview conducted by HR. Then was brought in for an in person interview. I met with four different people who all asked similar questions. They had great facilities and good people. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How did your previous work experience apply to this job?   Answer Question

Trading Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hut Group (Lindon, UT).

Interview

Great HR, Poor manager interviewing skills.

After applying online I was contacted via email and a phone interview was setup. The HR interviewer was very professional and did and awesome job.

The Manager over the department proceeded with the 1:1 interview . the interview consisted of a lackluster question and very little feedback or communication. Honestly one of the worst interviewers I've seen. They asked no questions.

Interview Questions

• Who are you? Tell me about yourself. (This was the only question asked.)   Answer Question

Marketing Graduate Interview

Interview

Informal, but relaxing. Got a good feel for the culture.

It is difficult to know what job they are actually interviewing for because there are so many options available and everyone is essentially fighting for you in their team.

Performance Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hut Group in July 2018.

Interview

It was a very simple process, I applied online and they got back to me within a week. Did a phone call to go over the job overview. Asked about my background in the industry. I asked few questions about the job as well.

Content/Social Media Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hut Group (Lindon, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

I enjoyed interviewing with people and meeting the teams I would have been working with. It was a good experience, overall. I first had a phone screening interview. And then I went into the office and interviewed with two different pairs of people.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hut Group.

Interview

I was called to Manchester for the Interview for java backend engineer, the recruiter showed me their work-space, which is a very small office and he made me sit in a very uncomfortable claustrophobic room as they are already running out of space. The first round was taken by their CTO (Seems to be very proud of his position) asking me stupid questions like "What is the speed at which data is read from a HardDrive? Size of TCP packet" This is what you ask in Java interviews?? funny. It was followed by marathon discussion with their technical team. All members of the team are tagged with their universities or companies they previously worked for, you will get to know when the HR introduces you with them, they feel proud to say so. Questions were very simple even with 6 months of java knowledge question could be answered. Less paid employees, they couldn't match up my package.

If you want a good career in IT Don't join this company.

Interview Questions

• Their were no difficult questions except the very uncanny questions from the CTO.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hut Group (Northwich, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at The Hut Group for the Software Engineer position. The interview consisted of 2 steps: on the phone and face to face. The face to face continues around 2-2:30 hours and is divided into 4 sessions. The difficulty of the questions asked varies depending on the technicality of the current session. The interviewers were extremely friendly and helpful and answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• Create a JavaScript program that prints a number every second for 6 seconds.   Answer Question