The Hut Group Software Engineer Industrial Placement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hut Group Software Engineer Industrial Placement Interview Questions

Interviews at The Hut Group

1 Interview Review

Software Engineer Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hut Group (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

After sending my CV to a recruiter, I was invited to an interview, in Northwich. During the 2 hours spent there, I was interviewed by three persons, all asking both technical and behavioural questions. The last interviewer split the allocated time into 2 parts: in the first one, he would get to know me, and in the last one, I was the one to ask questions about him and the company.

Interview Questions

• Design a generic Linked List in Java.
    Follow up: given access only to the head of the list, return the middle element.   1 Answer
  • Determine if a string containing all sorts of brackets is balanced (the sequence of brackets is closed correctly).   1 Answer
  • How does HTTP work?   Answer Question
  • What's the difference between final, finally and finalize in Java?   Answer Question
  • Talk about an interesting project you've worked on   Answer Question
  • What's virtual memory?   Answer Question
  • How much does it take for a processor to execute a LOAD operation?   Answer Question