The Hut Group Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hut Group Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at The Hut Group

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hut Group (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Nice Office with all white rooms and screen everywhere, good atmosphere. Provided a detailed explanation of why they rejected me, although I think some of the reasons may not really crucial.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most crucial error that occurs in Java version 1.5-   Answer Question
  • Describe the difference between Scrum and Kanban   Answer Question
  • Good qualities that a software engineer should equip with   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Hut Group

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hut Group.

Interview

I was called to Manchester for the Interview for java backend engineer, the recruiter showed me their work-space, which is a very small office and he made me sit in a very uncomfortable claustrophobic room as they are already running out of space. The first round was taken by their CTO (Seems to be very proud of his position) asking me stupid questions like "What is the speed at which data is read from a HardDrive? Size of TCP packet" This is what you ask in Java interviews?? funny. It was followed by marathon discussion with their technical team. All members of the team are tagged with their universities or companies they previously worked for, you will get to know when the HR introduces you with them, they feel proud to say so. Questions were very simple even with 6 months of java knowledge question could be answered. Less paid employees, they couldn't match up my package.

If you want a good career in IT Don't join this company.

Interview Questions

• Their were no difficult questions except the very uncanny questions from the CTO.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hut Group (Northwich, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at The Hut Group for the Software Engineer position. The interview consisted of 2 steps: on the phone and face to face. The face to face continues around 2-2:30 hours and is divided into 4 sessions. The difficulty of the questions asked varies depending on the technicality of the current session. The interviewers were extremely friendly and helpful and answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• Create a JavaScript program that prints a number every second for 6 seconds.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Quite smooth, there are four people who interviewed me. One is hr, two are R&D and the last one is software engineering. I think they are cool. The technical part is okay, not difficult.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hut Group.

Interview

Had initial screen with the recruiter, basic questions about education and ambitions. Was later invited onsite, had 3 back-to-back-to-back interviews. First 2 were coding and final one was more of a discussion with a senior engineer.

Interview Questions

• Series of short questions about DS and some front end. One algorithmic question about loops in lists.   1 Answer

Software Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hut Group (Northwich, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I was invited to interview at their offices in Cheshire. I was welcomed by a recruiter with whom I had a general non-technical discussion about my CV and motivations. I then had two separate technical interviews, one focussing on general systems architecture with the other focussing on general OOP and nuances in Java. Finally, I had a long chat with the head of technology about the company, it's direction and my prospective position in it.