The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.

2.5

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. in November 2012.

Interview

First i nterview was with the hiring manager. The internal recruiter merely met me and directed me to the conference room. The interview with the hiring manager took about 30 minutes with just general background of my resume. The second interview occurred aboujt two months later with the general counsel and additional attoney. I was offered the job that afternnon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take ir or leave it.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Generally you have to know someone to get in here. You may interview with HR first and then a division VP or SVP. Don't waste your time, look for other opportunities elsewhere.

Negotiation

They will tell you that there are a dozen others applying for the same job as you. Take it or leave it.

Internal Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc..

Interview

Received an email for a phone interview. Had the phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview was about 20 to 30 minutes It went well so they scheduled a face to face with the same manager. That lasted about 30 minutes. The manager never asked different questions from the phone interview. I tried asking different questions a little more pointed. The manager was pretty vague with his answers. He had me submit a background check. After a three week process I received one of those generic emails that said, thank you for your interest but the position has been filled. What is even funnier is that two days after I received that notice there was a "new" job postings for that exact same position. I found it a little strange that I never received a phone call or explanation.

Interview Questions

• Manager asked me 3 times, if he asked a good friend of mine whats something negative about myself what would he or she say.   1 Answer

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Very down to earth personal less intimidating environment. Face to Face interview with the manager in their office. The meeting lasted about 30 min. Presently it is a very good group of people to work for, plenty of side projection with everyday work, along with a great staff of people to support.

Interview Questions

• It is a great department to work for.   1 Answer

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in July 2018.

Interview

After applying online I had an HR screening interview over the phone. It was a pretty standard behavioral interview, no technical questions.

Then there was an in person interview where I had a 45-60 minute behavioral/technical interview with the department's VP, then shorter interviews with the two senior analysts this position would work under. These 2 interviews were more casual than the first.

About a week later I was asked to complete a modeling test/case study in MS Excel.

Interview Questions

• You have $XX Million to invest in real estate, where would you invest geographically and what would you invest it in?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. (Oak Brook, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Reached out via e-mail to recruiter through LinkedIn. I forwarded him my resume and he connected me with a total of three different positions. I didn't get two of them but did get one. I had my first interview with the hiring manager of my position. Was asked to return to interview with the managers I would be supporting. Overall, interview was not intimidating or difficult. Just be yourself and be honest.

Negotiation

I didn't negotioate

Senior Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. (Oak Brook, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

I was contacted via InMail / LinkedIn. The Recruiter was networking with industry leaders and we ended up striking up a conversation about the role. The discussion went well, very collaborative discussion about past success, current success and the company's direction & goals. We also discussed my qualification as well as the core experiences require for the position. The recruiter was extremely candid and up front. He answered all of my questions and there were a few answers where the response was not positive. I appreciated the honesty. The discussion with HR lead to a meeting in person with a Sr. Exec. a week later. Another great interaction. I did have a final interview with a few peers which I valued given I might be working closely with many of them. I was made an offer a week later and accept. I wasn't even looking for a new role but was so impressed with the staff, position and the direction of the organization and felt this was a great move.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult decision you’ve ever had to make at work? How did you arrive at your decision? What was the result?   Answer Question

Leasing Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc..

Interview

I interviewed with Jackie the property manager who was warm and welcoming and smart! she worked soo hard. She asked about my past experiences in property management and was very throughly on her experienece

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I found out about the open position through company website. The whole interview process took about 1 month. The employees that interviewed me were polite and professional. Their recruiter was professional and very well informed of the company and the positions available. I had meet all their job requirements but I was informed that they were many others that did too. The overall interview experience was average.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your history. Why are you interested in this position.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. (Oak Brook, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online through their careers website. I received an email about two weeks later scheduling a phone screen with a HR representative. The phone screen was half an hour and the person was very polite and respectful. He outlined the job duties and gave a brief overview of the firm and its structure.

After that I was invited for back to back in person interviews where I met with all the members of the team in half hour increments. Overall, the interview was more fit based and had very little technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • What drives your interest in Real Estate? How did you hear about Inland and what makes you want to work here?   Answer Question