The Institute of Cancer Research Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

The Institute of Cancer Research Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Nov 6, 2016

Higher Scientific Officer Interview

Application

I interviewed at The Institute of Cancer Research in July 2015.

Interview

Was offered a date for an interview that I couldn't make (as I was out the country) so asked if it was possible to reschedule for a few days later and was told no problem, we will be in touch shortly with a new date. Heard nothing for a week or two so emailed to see if a new date had been reached for my interview to be told they had filled the position!

Very unprofessional, unapologetic and totally unacceptable. If you are offered an interview, you expect the best person for the job will get the job, not the earliest candidate to interview. I wasted days preparing for this interview and had provisionally arranged accommodation assuming I would hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked was 'can you come on this date on an interview?'   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Institute of Cancer Research (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was badly managed, the panel was disorganised and I could see the interview questions. They had no model answers so how a fair rating would be given to each candidate was concerning. The service manager asked me a question about how I can influence management, and he read this from a scruffy piece of paper. For a HR interview it is alarming that the basic equalities and good practise was not followed. It seemed the organisation has not yet moved into modern HR practises and still stuck in the dark ages. I wasn't successful, however I am relieved as I could not work in such environment and organisation.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any issues working for an organisation that carries out animal testing?   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online, got telephone interview a week after application deadline, invited for interview immediately after the telephone interview - had 2 weeks to prepare for this. Interview took 2 hours, with 30 minutes of presenting my PhD work to 3 interviewees. Got offer via telephone a week after interview

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be in 10 years' time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, offer of salary based on number of years of experience and fixed by HR. The offer was above natiional average and so i accepted it without qualms.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Institute of Cancer Research (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

I had submitted an online application.
    I was contacted by email with an invitation for the interview.
    During the interview I gave the 15 min presentation and was interviewed by a PI and a senior post doc from the lab. Then I was introduced to lab members and shown the facilities.

Interview Questions

• they asked mostly about my previous research experience   1 Answer