Want a Free Job Posting?

The Institute of Cancer Research Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 11, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Institute of Cancer Research

Higher Scientific Officer Interview

I interviewed at The Institute of Cancer Research in July 2015.

Was offered a date for an interview that I couldn't make (as I was out the country) so asked if it was possible to reschedule for a few days later and was told no problem, we will be in touch shortly with a new date. Heard nothing for a week or two so emailed to see if a new date had been reached for my interview to be told they had filled the position! Very unprofessional, unapologetic and totally unacceptable. If you are offered an interview, you expect the best person for the job will get the job, not the earliest candidate to interview. I wasted days preparing for this interview and had provisionally arranged accommodation assuming I would hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked was 'can you come on this date on an interview?'   1 Answer

Applied online, got telephone interview a week after application deadline, invited for interview immediately after the telephone interview - had 2 weeks to prepare for this. Interview took 2 hours, with 30 minutes of presenting my PhD work to 3 interviewees. Got offer via telephone a week after interview

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be in 10 years' time?   1 Answer

No negotiations, offer of salary based on number of years of experience and fixed by HR. The offer was above natiional average and so i accepted it without qualms.