The J. M. Smucker Company Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The J. M. Smucker Company Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at The J. M. Smucker Company

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, met with multiple people each round one on one. Discussions revolving around background, experience, interests etc. They really are looking to get to know you as a person and to see if you are a good fit for the culture and environment.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The J. M. Smucker Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight-forward, but progressed at an average speed. A phone interview led to a series of in-person conversations involving multiple supervisors, managers, etc. Conversations lasted forty-five minutes or more. Overall, the process endured about one month from the initial interview to receipt of the company's hiring decision. Everyone was very welcoming and expressed enthusiasm for their careers.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with adapting to change and flexing with project needs?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

All day interview with multiple people whom you would interact with in the role you are applying for. They describe the company and role to you, and want to learn about you and how you would fit in the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in February 2019.

Interview

Originally, I applied and completed a phone interview for one analyst role, but did not hear either way for months. Later, I was contacted again via LinkedIn by a recruiter for another role. I reminded them of my previous first round without feedback (I'm interviewing you, too!) and my application was copied over for another role. I was immediately brought in for interaction with five members of both the team the role interacts with as well as HR. Interviewers were diverse in their styles and conveyed different levels of belief in Smuckers' mission statement and culture. HR confirmed that they would contact me in two weeks with a decision and did in exactly two weeks confirming that they'd selected an internal candidate. I appreciated the personal phone call after an intense and lengthy interview, but couldn't help feeling that I was the required external interview for a candidate that was probably already in the pocket of that team. It was solidified when I reached out to the original recruiter to inquire about any specific feedback that I could use in my future interviewers and also if I was eligible to apply for any other roles - and received no response.

Interview Questions

• The typical. Interview style varied GREATLY between interviewers. Be prepared for an array of personalities with various levels of intensity.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in May 2019.

Interview

Was contacted less than a week after I applied about a phone interview. Phone interview was less than a week later. Next day I was asked to do an in-person interview. After the in person interview, I didn't hear back for 1+ month, then got a call for a second interview. Was given an offer 2 days later. I may be an outlier since both my in person interviews were for 2 positions, but be prepared to be there for a while. Both interviews included 6 30 minute interview slots. Everyone was super friendly and laid back though!

Interview Questions

• Really focused on why you want this job and what attracted you to Smucker's. Also standard interview questions such as "give me an example of when you had a conflict with a coworker", etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long and tedious. I had a phone interview with a recruiter for 30 minutes, a phone interview with the hiring manager for 30 minutes, onsite interviews for 4 hours with the hiring manager and others and then a second onsite interview (almost 3 weeks after the previous interview) with the hiring manager and different members of the team for 3.5 hours. Overall, there was about 9 hours of interviews and no offer. I may have shown my frustration with the second set of interviews onsite. That seems like an excessive amount of time to take to decide on a non management candidate. It was a blessing in disguise since I got an offer from a company I felt was a much better fit. I think Smucker's should be more respectful of a candidates time.

Interview Questions

• A few skill based questions but I feel much of their questioning surrounds company culture and how you will fit in at Smuckers. The interview's weren't terribly difficult. Some did talk about themselves and their views more than asking questions.   Answer Question