The J. M. Smucker Company Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The J. M. Smucker Company Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at The J. M. Smucker Company

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

it was very nice no technical questions just a lot of behavioral stuff to make sure that I have a good personality. I had three interviews all with different people on different teams

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The J. M. Smucker Company

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in October 2018.

Interview

Met their reps at a college recruiting event. They were friendly and personable. They then asked me to come to an in-person interview in Orrville. From there they broke students down to respective majors. There was a tour of the headquarters and interview took place in the evening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

This was an easy interview process, but the onsite interview was very long interview process for an intern position. I got an email from the HR manager and had an onsite interview a week later. I got there at 8 and wasn't finished until 1. Everyone was very friendly and professional throughout the whole process, with the exception of one of my interviewers not showing up.

Most of the questions were straightforward regarding work experience, computer knowledge and ambitions for career advancement. The interviewers were from many different departments, so there were a lot of different perspectives for questions. However, there were a lot of repeated questions, and by the end, you could answer those questions flawlessly.

At the end of the interviews, two engineers took me to lunch in the cafeteria. The entire process was a good experience and the company did a good job of keeping me from getting too stressed.

Interview Questions

• Name a project you did on your own that you are particularly proud of.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

Great Interview- was nice that they didn't interrogate me rather just wanted to chat and get to know me. I enjoyed the interview, I would suggest doing your homework before the interview and preparing, maybe reviewing the history of the company and philosophy. Overall I enjoyed my interview and the process did not take too long. Very impressed.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a conflict situation in the office?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

One of my former professors contacted me about an opening they thought I would be a good fit for. She forwarded my resume to them and within a few hours, they had contacted me to set up a phone interview. The representative who initially contacted me was very polite and seemed very interested in me. However, the actual interviewer was rude and seemed disinterested. She said they would call within a week but I never heard from them. The interview questions were pretty standard - why I wanted to work for Smucker and various behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part about your study abroad experience and how could you apply what you learned to working for Smucker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school. I then received an email three weeks later about their interest to schedule an interview in Orville, OH. when I arrived for an interview, I notice there were five other candidates waiting to be interviewed for the same position. But I felt confident that I will get the internship easily because I had multiple copies of my resume which no candidate did have one and it was very helpful through the interview process since you are being interviewed by five mangers, and to my surprise; only one person had my resume copy, So it is very helpful to bring some copies. Second thing, I tried to make the interview more conversational and chatty and fun, because you will have the advantage for them to remember you as well as to like you more. AND try to learn more about their other brands because for sure they will ask you about it.

Intern Interview

Interview

Everyone there was nice and courteous. They asked me questions about my academic credentials and about where I could apply my coursework to Smuckers. When it was all said and done the position was not a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Columbus, OH).

Interview

it was a nice interview. everyone i met was courteous and respectful. they asked about my courses and my interests in the field i wanted to work in and they seemed nice. i thought i had the job but i didn't get an offer. it was good practice though.

Interview Questions

• most questions involved my academics and what my plans were in the future.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview one-on-one at a university career fair. Was then scheduled for an in-person, on-site interview in Orrville. Smucker's paid for transportation (car) and my hotel overnight before the interview. The actual interview consisted of about 5 hours of interviewing with two members from different teams (Digital Marketing, Natural Foods, JIF, etc.). Everyone was extremely kind, open and easy to talk to; it seemed more like 5 conversations, rather than 5 interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

It was casual, in a group setting with other interviews going on at the same time in a large room. Interviews were conducted on a career fair day. Interviewers were very conversational and looked to get to know me personally rather than ask about technical skills. The interview lasted 30-45 minutes and was thorough, but I left knowing more about the company than when I arrived

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to confront someone you know   Answer Question