The J. M. Smucker Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The J. M. Smucker Company Interview Questions

Interviews at The J. M. Smucker Company

2.9

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company in August 2020.

Interview

HR screening, then a "technical screening", then a week a later was a 3.5 hr panel interview. Once I met the panel and googled the executive staff, I knew I wouldn't fit there age demographic. Boomers will only hire boomers.

Picker/Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meadville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Meadville, PA) in March 2020.

Interview

had interview with 2 workers, then got a tour of the plant then took assesment test. the plant was decent. it was just a quick walk thru. very loud and seems like a lot to take in right away.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company in September 2019.

Interview

For the internship position, I attended the Internship Fair day at Smuckers at their headquarters in Orrville, OH. Was then given a phone interview that was very conversational and friendly. they will want to know mostly about you to make sure you fit into the culture of Smucker.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, your greatest strengths, weaknesses, and if it's on the phone what can they remember you by since they can't see you.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

It was treated much more as a conversation than a traditional behavioral interview. While they did get to behavioral questions, culture is such an important aspect of working at the JMS company, so that was clearly the highlight of the interview.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company in August 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR employee based in Orrville, OH. The process continued with a phone interview including I and a hiring manager from the headquarters. The process ended with an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked to explain my experiences listed on my resume, if I were willing to relocate, why I wanted to work for them, why I believed I was a fit for the position, and several other questions.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Interview

Multiple interviewees. It can be at least a half a day process. They want to know how well you match up with other employees .you
    Might interview with 5 different people.

Interview Questions

• When have you shown ability to lead in unclear circumstances   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Extremely smooth. I interviewed through my University so my initial interview was on-site. Although, I don't think I would've gotten that interview if I didn't go to their "Intern Job Fair" that they have in the fall. So if you are currently in college and want to intern at Smucker in hopes of potentially working there full-time I HIGHLY recommend going to that job fair if possible. It will give you great experience networking with the recruiters for your specific department. Be yourself through the whole process!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in May 2019.

Interview

Was contacted less than a week after I applied about a phone interview. Phone interview was less than a week later. Next day I was asked to do an in-person interview. After the in person interview, I didn't hear back for 1+ month, then got a call for a second interview. Was given an offer 2 days later. I may be an outlier since both my in person interviews were for 2 positions, but be prepared to be there for a while. Both interviews included 6 30 minute interview slots. Everyone was super friendly and laid back though!

Interview Questions

• Really focused on why you want this job and what attracted you to Smucker's. Also standard interview questions such as "give me an example of when you had a conflict with a coworker", etc.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (New York, NY).

Interview

First phone call was with HR to ask a few questions. Then was scheduled for 4 phone interviews over 3 different days. Talked to 2 field managers and 2 team leads. Then they scheduled a face to face meeting. They asked me basic interview questions and asked about my experience and background.

The whole process was long. They never contacted me back. At least tell me that I didn't get the job.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in February 2019.

Interview

Originally, I applied and completed a phone interview for one analyst role, but did not hear either way for months. Later, I was contacted again via LinkedIn by a recruiter for another role. I reminded them of my previous first round without feedback (I'm interviewing you, too!) and my application was copied over for another role. I was immediately brought in for interaction with five members of both the team the role interacts with as well as HR. Interviewers were diverse in their styles and conveyed different levels of belief in Smuckers' mission statement and culture. HR confirmed that they would contact me in two weeks with a decision and did in exactly two weeks confirming that they'd selected an internal candidate. I appreciated the personal phone call after an intense and lengthy interview, but couldn't help feeling that I was the required external interview for a candidate that was probably already in the pocket of that team. It was solidified when I reached out to the original recruiter to inquire about any specific feedback that I could use in my future interviewers and also if I was eligible to apply for any other roles - and received no response.

Interview Questions

• The typical. Interview style varied GREATLY between interviewers. Be prepared for an array of personalities with various levels of intensity.   1 Answer