The J. M. Smucker Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The J. M. Smucker Company Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was standard. Initial phone call with recruiter, then I was informed that I was going to be contacted. A week passed by and I decided to follow up with the recruiter about the status. The recruiter then got back to me stating that the hiring manager was on holiday vacation and also asked when was it best for me to come onsite. I responded with my available dates/times and have not received any response after that. They did not inform me at all that they were going to not move on with my application.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever encountered a situation where a end user was unpleasant?   Answer Question

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

Their interview process took a long time. They liked me but I received another offer that I didn't want to pass up while I waited for Smuckers to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about your coding background, specifically in PHP   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (North Canton, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30 minute phone interview with an HR contact followed by a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Unfortunately that's where it ended and I received a rejection email about a week after that. I felt like both phone interviews went well so it was disappointing that I did not receive an in person interview.

Analyst Interview

Interview

All day interview with multiple people whom you would interact with in the role you are applying for. They describe the company and role to you, and want to learn about you and how you would fit in the role.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Columbus, OH).

Interview

it was a nice interview. everyone i met was courteous and respectful. they asked about my courses and my interests in the field i wanted to work in and they seemed nice. i thought i had the job but i didn't get an offer. it was good practice though.

Interview Questions

• most questions involved my academics and what my plans were in the future.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight-forward, but progressed at an average speed. A phone interview led to a series of in-person conversations involving multiple supervisors, managers, etc. Conversations lasted forty-five minutes or more. Overall, the process endured about one month from the initial interview to receipt of the company's hiring decision. Everyone was very welcoming and expressed enthusiasm for their careers.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with adapting to change and flexing with project needs?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Suffolk, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

We went over my resume and he asked questions for clarification and to get more information about certain things. Afterwards, went on a tour of the factory. During the tour, he would ask questions to see how well I was paying attention. Also, asked questions for me to guess what a certain machine did to see my reasoning skills.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I found the process to be frustrating and disappointing. After two phone screens and a half day long interview I received no response from anyone at Smucker's. I reached out to them and was ignored.

As far as the interview itself, the process was incredibly easy for a development job. The questions were focused on personality and culture more than technical skills. I was asked only one or two questions related to the technical side of the job, and they were questions any computer science student should be able to answer.

Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I was contacted the next morning to schedule a phone interview. I was contacted the day after the phone interview to schedule an onsite interview to meet with 5 managers/ directors of related departments. I found out by the end of the week that they chose a stronger candidate. Overall, the process moved very quickly. I felt very comfortable and that they wanted to get to know me during the interview. However, most questions were based on your experience and how you handle similar situations to what you will be handling in that role. Everyone I interacted with was professional and very friendly/ easy to talk to. People that work at Smucker seem to be very happy and excited about working there. They ask questions about what you know about them, and look to hire people that know a lot about the company and are enthusiastic to work there. However, I did get some mixed signals from people I interviewed with. I felt very confident I got the position. One of the managers said, "I hope this works out so we can see you soon!" There were several comments made like that, so I was confused when they went with a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a successful team you were a part of and why you think they were successful. What do you know about this company? Tell me about experience doing (job duties). What do you like to do for fun? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Coffee R&D Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with HR and we went over some of the history of JM Smucker and the companies values. I then had three 1 hour interviews with different professionals relavent to the position. The interview ended with a tour of the workplace as well the gym and cafeteria area. It was a long day but was a great snapshot of the Smucker's experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to meet a tight deadline and how you managed to overcome obstacles to achieve that deadline.   Answer Question