The J. M. Smucker Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and first off they were 8 mins late. The person I had the phone interview scheduled with did apologize and seemed really nice to talk to. She explained how the call would go. She then asked me a question that I started to answer. She then interrupted me and said she had to move the call into the conference room and would call back. I said ok. But then when she called back it wasn't her it was her very brash and aggressive colleague that I had no idea I would be speaking with. She was very quick to get me off the phone and the whole call lasted 6 minutes. She practically hung up on me at the end. I have never had such an unprofessional phone interview before. Then the next day I already got a thanks but no thanks email. I understand that there may not be a good fit for me but I feel like I wasn't even given a chance to really talk about myself and learn of the position. I hope they find a good fit and maybe change their practices a bit.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule an interview and I went on the decided date and talked to the a Plant Engineer for the company. I only found out that I was rejected when I saw a post on LinkedIn later congratulating the 2017 Interns.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Long Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview with HR asking about my research during graduate school. Second was a phone interview with the hiring manager. A few weeks later I was asked onsite where I interviewed with the hiring manager, the department supervisor and a manager from a closely related group.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would design an experimental setup and test a reactor (my work was computational) . What challenges would I expect and how would I approach them.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Round 1 HR phone interview, Round 2 phone interview with the hiring manager, Round 3 in person interview with HR, hiring manager, and three other team members. The phone interviews were good but in person the team was very dry and didn't seem as enthusiastic about the company. The company has gone through a lot of change and its difficult to say how much that affected the team

Interview Questions

• Why JM Smuckers, why this role, where do you see yourself in 5 yrs, example of applying consumer insights to a project and taking that to completion, project your most proud of   Answer Question

Industrial Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview for Industrial Design with the pets division at Smuckers. This review is short, because well, the interview was short. My GPA was not stated on my resume and since it was below a 3.0 they thanked me for my time and said I do not qualify. It's totally fine that this didn't work out, but they could have just asked that in an email instead of wasting my time where I did a intensive amount of research and rearranged things in my schedule to have this call.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to Ohio?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward in terms of asking about relent experience in dealing with food safety and food quality. Interviewers were professional and treated me well though out the process.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was standard. Initial phone call with recruiter, then I was informed that I was going to be contacted. A week passed by and I decided to follow up with the recruiter about the status. The recruiter then got back to me stating that the hiring manager was on holiday vacation and also asked when was it best for me to come onsite. I responded with my available dates/times and have not received any response after that. They did not inform me at all that they were going to not move on with my application.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever encountered a situation where a end user was unpleasant?   Answer Question

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

Their interview process took a long time. They liked me but I received another offer that I didn't want to pass up while I waited for Smuckers to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about your coding background, specifically in PHP   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (North Canton, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30 minute phone interview with an HR contact followed by a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Unfortunately that's where it ended and I received a rejection email about a week after that. I felt like both phone interviews went well so it was disappointing that I did not receive an in person interview.

Analyst Interview

Interview

All day interview with multiple people whom you would interact with in the role you are applying for. They describe the company and role to you, and want to learn about you and how you would fit in the role.