The J. M. Smucker Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The J. M. Smucker Company Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.9

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was standard. Initial phone call with recruiter, then I was informed that I was going to be contacted. A week passed by and I decided to follow up with the recruiter about the status. The recruiter then got back to me stating that the hiring manager was on holiday vacation and also asked when was it best for me to come onsite. I responded with my available dates/times and have not received any response after that. They did not inform me at all that they were going to not move on with my application.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever encountered a situation where a end user was unpleasant?   Answer Question

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

Their interview process took a long time. They liked me but I received another offer that I didn't want to pass up while I waited for Smuckers to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about your coding background, specifically in PHP   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. The company invited me to their New Orleans plant and I had two interviews. The first one was with a recruiter from my University's career fair and the other was with a manager. They asked mostly behavioral questions with one being technical. Overall the experience was good and they also gave a tour of their plant to see if you fit with there culture. It was fairly interactive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on project and what role did you play?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH).

Interview

i had a 30 minute interview with the Recruiter, followed by a 1 hour technical phone interview with the Hiring Manager. The final step was an on site meeting with the Hiring team, followed by and offer.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

Fairly Simple interview process, straight -forward behavioural interview questions , some job-related questions.. I was interviewed by four managers and it lasted about two hours. They asked a lot about my experience at my last job.

Marketing Interview

Interview

I received a call from HR. We set up an interview. I had an interview with John Spain whom was very nice and professional. He made me feel comfortable throughout the whole process and was understanding when I felt like I jumbled my words.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very basic (strengths and weaknesses) etc. The interviewers were nice and helpful in answering any of my questions. The first interview was fairly brief and simple. They asked me mostly behavioral questions in the first round. A lot of the questions were very similar and I noticed myself giving a lot of the same answers.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you experienced conflict in a group setting.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (North Canton, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30 minute phone interview with an HR contact followed by a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Unfortunately that's where it ended and I received a rejection email about a week after that. I felt like both phone interviews went well so it was disappointing that I did not receive an in person interview.

Analyst Interview

Interview

All day interview with multiple people whom you would interact with in the role you are applying for. They describe the company and role to you, and want to learn about you and how you would fit in the role.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Columbus, OH).

Interview

it was a nice interview. everyone i met was courteous and respectful. they asked about my courses and my interests in the field i wanted to work in and they seemed nice. i thought i had the job but i didn't get an offer. it was good practice though.

Interview Questions

• most questions involved my academics and what my plans were in the future.   Answer Question