The J. M. Smucker Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

106 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and first off they were 8 mins late. The person I had the phone interview scheduled with did apologize and seemed really nice to talk to. She explained how the call would go. She then asked me a question that I started to answer. She then interrupted me and said she had to move the call into the conference room and would call back. I said ok. But then when she called back it wasn't her it was her very brash and aggressive colleague that I had no idea I would be speaking with. She was very quick to get me off the phone and the whole call lasted 6 minutes. She practically hung up on me at the end. I have never had such an unprofessional phone interview before. Then the next day I already got a thanks but no thanks email. I understand that there may not be a good fit for me but I feel like I wasn't even given a chance to really talk about myself and learn of the position. I hope they find a good fit and maybe change their practices a bit.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH).

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 interviews. One with an HR representative and 3 with managers in the department. The HR interview is first and is a great introduction to the process. They walk you through the types of questions that will be asked, give you a brief background on the company, give you examples of some areas to focus on when interviewing with the managers, and give a high level overview of the benefits the company offers.

Interview Questions

• The questions are similar to what you could expect at any interview - examples of experience, background, and times when you worked through problems effectively.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule an interview and I went on the decided date and talked to the a Plant Engineer for the company. I only found out that I was rejected when I saw a post on LinkedIn later congratulating the 2017 Interns.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Process was in depth and a little drawn out, but overall positive. Asked mainly behavioral questions and touched on some things on my resume. Met with HR, and then four different managers back-to-back. They were all very nice, personable, and professional. My advice: be personable and conversational when answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a mistake you made and how you went about fixing it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

it was very nice no technical questions just a lot of behavioral stuff to make sure that I have a good personality. I had three interviews all with different people on different teams

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Long Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview with HR asking about my research during graduate school. Second was a phone interview with the hiring manager. A few weeks later I was asked onsite where I interviewed with the hiring manager, the department supervisor and a manager from a closely related group.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would design an experimental setup and test a reactor (my work was computational) . What challenges would I expect and how would I approach them.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Round 1 HR phone interview, Round 2 phone interview with the hiring manager, Round 3 in person interview with HR, hiring manager, and three other team members. The phone interviews were good but in person the team was very dry and didn't seem as enthusiastic about the company. The company has gone through a lot of change and its difficult to say how much that affected the team

Interview Questions

• Why JM Smuckers, why this role, where do you see yourself in 5 yrs, example of applying consumer insights to a project and taking that to completion, project your most proud of   Answer Question

Industrial Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview for Industrial Design with the pets division at Smuckers. This review is short, because well, the interview was short. My GPA was not stated on my resume and since it was below a 3.0 they thanked me for my time and said I do not qualify. It's totally fine that this didn't work out, but they could have just asked that in an email instead of wasting my time where I did a intensive amount of research and rearranged things in my schedule to have this call.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to Ohio?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward in terms of asking about relent experience in dealing with food safety and food quality. Interviewers were professional and treated me well though out the process.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was standard. Initial phone call with recruiter, then I was informed that I was going to be contacted. A week passed by and I decided to follow up with the recruiter about the status. The recruiter then got back to me stating that the hiring manager was on holiday vacation and also asked when was it best for me to come onsite. I responded with my available dates/times and have not received any response after that. They did not inform me at all that they were going to not move on with my application.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever encountered a situation where a end user was unpleasant?   Answer Question