The J. M. Smucker Company Applications Analyst, Social Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Applications Analyst, Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

I interviewed for this position in Orrville while living in Upstate NY. The following steps were taken:

-I was headhunted on LinkedIn
-Had a broad phone interview with company recruiter
-Had two back-to-back video interviews with hiring manager and a director
-Was flown to Ohio (via Cleveland, stayed in Akron) for full day (11:30-6) of interviews. Lunch was provided.

Here's where my gripe with Smucker begins. Their process was very professional up until this point - it seemed like a great fit, and I was prepared for an offer. They even did a background check and drug test onsite. I was told I would hear back either way within a week, but never heard anything back. I tried contacting HR, the recruiter, the hiring manager after a few weeks, and none of them returned my calls. This was almost a year ago, and I'm still in the dark as to what happened - I'm wondering if their funding was denied and no one had the guts to tell me. I know this type of behavior is to be expected in today's cold corporate culture, but for a company that prides itself on family values I thought this was pretty low.

Interview Questions

• What's the greatest challenge you've faced in your life?   1 Answer