The J. M. Smucker Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The J. M. Smucker Company Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.9

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very basic (strengths and weaknesses) etc. The interviewers were nice and helpful in answering any of my questions. The first interview was fairly brief and simple. They asked me mostly behavioral questions in the first round. A lot of the questions were very similar and I noticed myself giving a lot of the same answers.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you experienced conflict in a group setting.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (North Canton, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30 minute phone interview with an HR contact followed by a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Unfortunately that's where it ended and I received a rejection email about a week after that. I felt like both phone interviews went well so it was disappointing that I did not receive an in person interview.

Analyst Interview

Interview

All day interview with multiple people whom you would interact with in the role you are applying for. They describe the company and role to you, and want to learn about you and how you would fit in the role.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Columbus, OH).

Interview

it was a nice interview. everyone i met was courteous and respectful. they asked about my courses and my interests in the field i wanted to work in and they seemed nice. i thought i had the job but i didn't get an offer. it was good practice though.

Interview Questions

• most questions involved my academics and what my plans were in the future.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Everyone there was nice and courteous. They asked me questions about my academic credentials and about where I could apply my coursework to Smuckers. When it was all said and done the position was not a good fit.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight-forward, but progressed at an average speed. A phone interview led to a series of in-person conversations involving multiple supervisors, managers, etc. Conversations lasted forty-five minutes or more. Overall, the process endured about one month from the initial interview to receipt of the company's hiring decision. Everyone was very welcoming and expressed enthusiasm for their careers.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with adapting to change and flexing with project needs?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Suffolk, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

We went over my resume and he asked questions for clarification and to get more information about certain things. Afterwards, went on a tour of the factory. During the tour, he would ask questions to see how well I was paying attention. Also, asked questions for me to guess what a certain machine did to see my reasoning skills.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I found the process to be frustrating and disappointing. After two phone screens and a half day long interview I received no response from anyone at Smucker's. I reached out to them and was ignored.

As far as the interview itself, the process was incredibly easy for a development job. The questions were focused on personality and culture more than technical skills. I was asked only one or two questions related to the technical side of the job, and they were questions any computer science student should be able to answer.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

No technical questions, just "getting to know you stuff". It was very easy, but the hugest dissapointment was the salary. The salary was stupid low, and my friends all make more. The company doesn't come up to be very exciting, sure you sell peanut butter and jelly.... you can't get too excited about that.. Sure I get the "family culture" idea, but it seems like they just want people to spend the rest of their life here. No thanks, pass.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Oxnard, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Met head of HR at university career fair, applied online, had many phone interviews. One with head of HR, next with the operations manager, brought you into the facility and personally get interviewed with head of quality and finance. Got interviewed again over the phone by the plant manager after that.