The J. M. Smucker Company Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The J. M. Smucker Company Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.4

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

Fairly Simple interview process, straight -forward behavioural interview questions , some job-related questions.. I was interviewed by four managers and it lasted about two hours. They asked a lot about my experience at my last job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The J. M. Smucker Company

Marketing Interview

Interview

I received a call from HR. We set up an interview. I had an interview with John Spain whom was very nice and professional. He made me feel comfortable throughout the whole process and was understanding when I felt like I jumbled my words.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very basic (strengths and weaknesses) etc. The interviewers were nice and helpful in answering any of my questions. The first interview was fairly brief and simple. They asked me mostly behavioral questions in the first round. A lot of the questions were very similar and I noticed myself giving a lot of the same answers.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you experienced conflict in a group setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Not sure if the proverbial right hand knows what the left hand is doing in Orrville. Applied for a Mkt position. Was contacted by HR and told I had a phone interview with the hiring VP. We set up a day and time for a call. No one called. Called HR back recieved voice mail. In a follow-up call was told the hiring VP was in a meeting, sorry, will get back to you with availablity. Next week no response from HR, I called and was told they did not have the hiring managers availability--HMM!. Next week receive an email from HR that availability was unknown, fill out our a candidate profile. Completed the profile, sent a note, no response. Sent an email to HR the next week asking for a status. Three weeks later I receive a form email that I am not a match.

I have heard the process is very tedious at Smucker, but this experience was IMO unprofessional. You would expect to be treated with higher respect from a company with its reputation.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Many behavioral & work experience questions, primarily marketing focused and skills related. there were 2 interviewers, know what brands they own and what a senior marketing manager does. They asked me whether i have worked in CPPG industry and why i applied for the job if my major was not relevant

Interview Questions

• What was a recent ad that you saw was effective? why? what can you do to improve it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Through Skype as I was at a remote location from their head office. Only one interview for the position. It was with two product marketing managers. The interview itself took around 30 minutes, very average, no trick questions.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company in December 2011.

Interview

Receive numerous calls from the company and once you have a phone interview you must fill out a candidate bio form. After the bio form received a first interview, but after three weeks was told they were going in a different direction.