The J. M. Smucker Company Interview Questions in Orrville, OH | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH).

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 interviews. One with an HR representative and 3 with managers in the department. The HR interview is first and is a great introduction to the process. They walk you through the types of questions that will be asked, give you a brief background on the company, give you examples of some areas to focus on when interviewing with the managers, and give a high level overview of the benefits the company offers.

Interview Questions

• The questions are similar to what you could expect at any interview - examples of experience, background, and times when you worked through problems effectively.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule an interview and I went on the decided date and talked to the a Plant Engineer for the company. I only found out that I was rejected when I saw a post on LinkedIn later congratulating the 2017 Interns.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Process was in depth and a little drawn out, but overall positive. Asked mainly behavioral questions and touched on some things on my resume. Met with HR, and then four different managers back-to-back. They were all very nice, personable, and professional. My advice: be personable and conversational when answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a mistake you made and how you went about fixing it.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward in terms of asking about relent experience in dealing with food safety and food quality. Interviewers were professional and treated me well though out the process.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH).

Interview

i had a 30 minute interview with the Recruiter, followed by a 1 hour technical phone interview with the Hiring Manager. The final step was an on site meeting with the Hiring team, followed by and offer.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I found the process to be frustrating and disappointing. After two phone screens and a half day long interview I received no response from anyone at Smucker's. I reached out to them and was ignored.

As far as the interview itself, the process was incredibly easy for a development job. The questions were focused on personality and culture more than technical skills. I was asked only one or two questions related to the technical side of the job, and they were questions any computer science student should be able to answer.

Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I was contacted the next morning to schedule a phone interview. I was contacted the day after the phone interview to schedule an onsite interview to meet with 5 managers/ directors of related departments. I found out by the end of the week that they chose a stronger candidate. Overall, the process moved very quickly. I felt very comfortable and that they wanted to get to know me during the interview. However, most questions were based on your experience and how you handle similar situations to what you will be handling in that role. Everyone I interacted with was professional and very friendly/ easy to talk to. People that work at Smucker seem to be very happy and excited about working there. They ask questions about what you know about them, and look to hire people that know a lot about the company and are enthusiastic to work there. However, I did get some mixed signals from people I interviewed with. I felt very confident I got the position. One of the managers said, "I hope this works out so we can see you soon!" There were several comments made like that, so I was confused when they went with a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a successful team you were a part of and why you think they were successful. What do you know about this company? Tell me about experience doing (job duties). What do you like to do for fun? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Coffee R&D Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with HR and we went over some of the history of JM Smucker and the companies values. I then had three 1 hour interviews with different professionals relavent to the position. The interview ended with a tour of the workplace as well the gym and cafeteria area. It was a long day but was a great snapshot of the Smucker's experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to meet a tight deadline and how you managed to overcome obstacles to achieve that deadline.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school. I then received an email three weeks later about their interest to schedule an interview in Orville, OH. when I arrived for an interview, I notice there were five other candidates waiting to be interviewed for the same position. But I felt confident that I will get the internship easily because I had multiple copies of my resume which no candidate did have one and it was very helpful through the interview process since you are being interviewed by five mangers, and to my surprise; only one person had my resume copy, So it is very helpful to bring some copies. Second thing, I tried to make the interview more conversational and chatty and fun, because you will have the advantage for them to remember you as well as to like you more. AND try to learn more about their other brands because for sure they will ask you about it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

It was casual, in a group setting with other interviews going on at the same time in a large room. Interviews were conducted on a career fair day. Interviewers were very conversational and looked to get to know me personally rather than ask about technical skills. The interview lasted 30-45 minutes and was thorough, but I left knowing more about the company than when I arrived

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to confront someone you know   Answer Question