The J. M. Smucker Company Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The J. M. Smucker Company Process Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at The J. M. Smucker Company

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Long Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview with HR asking about my research during graduate school. Second was a phone interview with the hiring manager. A few weeks later I was asked onsite where I interviewed with the hiring manager, the department supervisor and a manager from a closely related group.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would design an experimental setup and test a reactor (my work was computational) . What challenges would I expect and how would I approach them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The J. M. Smucker Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsville, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Scottsville, KY) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with four people.
    1. The Human Resource coordinator, a previous engineer.
    2. The Engineering Manager, who would be the boss of the position being applied for
    3. Another Process Engineer, who was in the exact same position, and would become a co-worker
    4. The Plant Manager, also a previous engineer.

Interview Questions

• What management experience do you have.   1 Answer
    • How much is it going to cost to hire you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (New Orleans, LA) in November 2013.

Interview

First step is a phone interview. Second step is a multi person functional interview. I had roughly 5 different people spend time with me and ask me questions 1 v 1. I went from manager to manager. I felt like I got a good feel for the culture as I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to solve a problem and you didn't know where to begin. What did you do? What was the outcome?   2 Answers

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted resume for an on-campus and was accepted.

On-campus interview with two employees (HR representative and an engineer) consisting primarily of behavioral questions and what you look for in an internship.

After about a week I was asked to do an on-site interview. The interview lasted about 4 hours. The schedule for the day was:
    -30 minute interview with HR
    -30 minute interview with an engineer
    -30 minute interview with a department manager
    -30 minute interview with plant manager
    -Plant tour
    -Lunch with a current intern.

After the on-site interview, I was offered a job within a week and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions.

From your last internship, what was the hardest part about working in a manufacturing environment and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question