The Johns Hopkins Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.7

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

I’ve had three interviews at this hospital and was offered all 3 positions. The questions were very tough, probably some of the most difficult interview questions I’ve gotten in any hospital I’ve interviewed for. Overall, I understand because they’re very picky with who they hire and I think it was an amazing experience.

Interview Questions

• What impact can you make to this unit that could possibly cause a positive influence on the patients?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process with Hopkins was extremely enjoyable for me! I applied online, received an e-mail about 2 weeks later saying they wanted to do a phone interview. I did a phone interview with the Office Manager, and then within the week I came in and I met with the three attorneys I would be working with. The interview process was very relaxed, and took about an hour. I received e-mails from Human Resources that same day, and received my offer within the week!

Clinical Dietitian Interview

Interview

You will meet with the manager to discuss one on one. There is also a peer interview, where current registered dietitian nutritionists ask you a series of questions. You will also be able to go on a tour of the hospital. There is also a short case study assignment to complete.

Interview Questions

• How do you play to your strengths and compensate for your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Clinical Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was ok. I arrived an hour early... nurse manager was in her office doing nothing but still made me wait the hour. Human resources prior knew I was coming from NYC and didn't alert me they pushed back the start date. The interview was with the CCSC and Nurse Manager and they hired me on spot.

Patient Assess Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

filled out the application. Received a call from a recruiter a month later. Had an over the phone interview with the recruiter. Followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager. Waiting to get answer on weather or not I am chosen for the position....

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I was emailed by HR to come to the hospital to interview. It took about 3 hours and I interviewed with 7 different people; HR, technicians, supervisors, and the director. Everyone was very nice and explained information about the hospital and the role. The position was filled internally.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Clinical Dietitian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Interview

Had an in person interview with CNM, than met staff. Asked typical clinical and behavior questions. After initial interview I heard nothing for 3 months. HR called me one day and stated "you start Monday." This was on a Friday; I informed them I needed to give 2 weeks. Six weeks later I started. Be aware Hopkins pays much less than other hospitals and your ability to negotiate up is limited.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Direct interview discussing background info, previous roles, experience, responsibilities, project management, program management, direct reports, strategy, consulting, work life balance, technical skills, inter personal relationships, future goals and ambitions, education, likes and dislikes, cultural work environment, diversity and inclusion, core values.
    First interview was phone screening then in person interview with hiring manager. Then, another in person interview with director. Followed by another in person interview with Sr. Director.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss your project management background   1 Answer

Pediatric Pharmacy Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was long and boring. Too many questions that didn't explain how complicated the position was. Everyone looked very angry. They basically lie to get you here. Orientation was pointless and long

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I contacted the PI first. Tried to introduce myself and my projects in the email very clearly. He then asked for reference letters. We then talked on the phone and scheduled an on-site one day interview. I gave a seminar about my thesis projects to the department, then met and talked with the faculty group of the department. I got hired right away.