The Land of Nod Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Land of Nod Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2018

1.6

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Land of Nod.

Interview

The interview was really easy. They asked simple questions and just wanted to make sure that you were reliable and hard working. I was hired on the spot, pending a background check, which actually took over a week to come in.

Inventory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Land of Nod.

Interview

Received a phone call, and a voicemail. I called back three times before I spoke to HR. Follow up is horrendous. Couldn't even get a call back to confirm I was no longer considered an option.

Interview Questions

• Explain my previous experience, salary expectation, knowledge of ERP/SAP.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Land of Nod (Morton Grove, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I was called in to interview and sat down with the director and both the manager for furniture and toy division, separately. It was fairly easy and they were super nice. I got a call the same day with a job offer. I had to leave after working 5 months but it was a great place to work. Fun toys to look at and had I stayed, I know I would have moved within the company which I was hoping to do but family obligations required me to quit.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Land of Nod (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Minimal interview process - was asked about my experience and why I wanted to work for the company. Was interviewed by both the assistant manager and the store manager separately, and they both asked me the exact same questions, including "tell me about yourself."

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Land of Nod (Morton Grove, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Fairly quick. I meet with both the manager and the department manager. Asked my favorite product. Once I interviewed I heard back within a few days. Great company to work for and learn the business. The interviewer was new in the position so it was more conversational. Which helped.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Land of Nod (Morton Grove, IL).

Interview

I applied through a Craigslist ad and was called for an interview within a week. I was then invited to interview at the office. I interviewed with one manager, two supervisors, and the director. I filled out some paperwork and the company did a background check. They called back promptly and offered job and I started within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• There were no unusual interview questions. They asked basic questions you would be asked at any interview. None of the questions were creative. They asked: Tell me about your background? What are your strengths and weaknesses? What are you looking for? How do you view customer service? How would you handle an angry and upset customer, or how have you done that in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. People that have been there for 4 years are still getting paid $13/hr

Store Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Land of Nod (Morton Grove, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Warm, friendly company with great communication process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Land of Nod (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

Had a simple in person interview at an adjacent Starbucks. Asked simple questions about me.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest Weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A