The Leading Hotels of the World Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Leading Hotels of the World

Director, Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Leading Hotels of the World (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The first step of the process was a phone interview with HR. Then it was an in person meeting with 4 members of the team, for 45-60 minutes with each person. I followed up with HR multiple times after the interview to see if she received any feedback from the team but HR was not kind enough to even return my e-mails. It is extremely rude to bring someone in for a 4 hour interview and then not have the decency to give them a reply back.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particularly hard questions - just a very disorganized process.   Answer Question

IT Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at The Leading Hotels of the World (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from HR a couple days later for initial screening. Went in for face to face interview 2 weeks later. Interviewed with 3 people. 1 from HR and 2 from IT. Spent a little over an hour there. Answered a few technical questions. Was told I would definitely be contacted within a few days but didn't hear back until 5 weeks later. Didn't appreciate being lied to and having my time wasted.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to migrate an in-house server to a cloud provider?

What are A and C records?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Leading Hotels of the World (Ithaca, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was notified of the job and recruited via on-campus recruiting. My university has a very close relationship with this company. I applied with cover letter and resume and was accepted to interviewed with someone in Finance department, then directed to an informal interview with potential manager in Membership department. The manager seemed to be very supportive and interested in my personal growth at the time.

Interview Questions

• What is your background? What did you do before you attended your current university? Please walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Beach Attendant/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Leading Hotels of the World (Miami, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

applied, called for interview, then a few weeks later the job was mines the process was extreemely easy, simply keep calm and dont panic and answer the the questions in a business and respectable manner then everything else will simply fall into place reason for that is that the Questions are easy and comand scence questions.

Interview Questions

• what talent do i have to offer to the coorporation.   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Leading Hotels of the World (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

One in-person interview on campus, then one phone interview after that. Questions were all behavioral and focused on personal qualities that can be brought to the job. Since the job responsibilities were not clear from the description on the website, they want to make sure you're passionate about hospitality and can work diligently and independently. Second phone interview asked more about technical skills, mostly in regards to Excel and VBA. The questions weren't necessarily asking about Excel itself, but more about projects that involved Excel, data analysis, modeling, and numbers.

Interview Questions

• Since this internship is unpaid, why do you still want to work here?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Leading Hotels of the World (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Great process. Managing director and direct report boss were both great in the interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to get the hourly I was looking for

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Leading Hotels of the World (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Very easy interviewer. HR manager was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing your current manager would like you to improve upon?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing your current manager would say that you do well.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

Very unprofessional HR dept. I applied online and was contacted to scheduled a phone interview. The HR lady who called me didn't know anything about the role, advising "Oh, I don't know, this would be for the hiring manager to reply" or "I don't have these info, the person this role reports to would be able to answer". Thing is, the person that this role reported to, was also in the process of being hired. The rest of the interview consisted mostly in small talk and telling me about the recent changes at the top of the company and the new direction. We barely touched on my past experiences (very relevant to the job requirements) and I wasn't asked anything specific about my skills, management experience etc. Then she said she would let me know the following week about the next stage, depending on when the new person started, as the interviews would be with him. A week went by, no news. I followed up. She advised she didn't even talk to the hiring manager as he was away, she would let me know the following week. One more week went by and again, no news. When I contacted again her for an update, she said that while my experience is relevant to the job, they already offered the role to someone else. No reason given. So, one day they haven't even proceeded with the second stage, and the next day they hired someone? Usually candidates not going ahead in the selection are told immediately, and not being put on hold until the job is filled. Very deceiving attitude.
    I found this experience to be the most unprofessional in my career and I finally got a first hand account of what several ex-colleagues (ex-LHW) always told me about this company.

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kiev (Ukraine)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Leading Hotels of the World (Kiev (Ukraine)) in March 2015.

Interview

Ask a question about the obligations of the best moments on the job and how I see myself in five years that led me into their company that I know about the UAE, I do sports. What are my Hobie.

Interview Questions

• if I was ready to work on 9:00   1 Answer