The Lee Company Applications Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbrook, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Lee Company (Westbrook, CT) in April 2009.

Interview

Initially made contact with the company and HR during a career fair. They made me aware they were looking for internal sales positions, which fit with my career goals. Gave them me resume and was contacted about a week later for an in person interview.

The in person interview was with the direct supervisor of the position, several other supervisors at his level, and their boss, the internal sales manager. The interview included a full factory shop tour and taking me out to lunch. There was no panel interview, but at various points I met one-on-one with different direct supervisors (trying to gauge which one would be the best fit). Questions were resume based, many to do with previous internship experience I had.

After that, about a week later I was invited to have dinner with my direct supervisor, the internal sales manager, and the VP of Sales. I understand this is the most difficult step to pass, but I felt it went very smoothly and I had a great dinner at a very nice restaurant.

Within 2-3 days I was called by HR and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have worked on as a team (ie. your Senior Design Project)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, given the fact that I was a fresh college graduate and compensation package offered was excellent.