The Lewin Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Lewin Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Lewin Group (Falls Church, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Application on line, contacted by recruiter, digital one-way interview, final round interview in the office, the recruitment process is through UHG and makes the process take a long time. The recruiter on my case left UHG at the time, no one told me or the Lewin Group and so I never heard back for months.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Lewin Group (Falls Church, VA).

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter who set up 30 minute phone interview followed by phone interview with management consultant and then on-site interview with 5 Sr. staff. Interviews were too closely scheduled and rushed. There was a lack of coordination among interviewees. The questions each interviewee asked were very similar and did not sufficiently get at the depth of my experience. Several interviewees seemed very unprepared. They missed an opportunity to learn about the wide range of my technical skills and experience. No opportunity to meet with staff at my level to get a feel for the variety of work across departments. Several people spent the entire time talking about their projects and neglected to ask any questions about my background until the last 2 minutes of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.
      Do you have experience managing proposals?
      Tell me about your management style.
      Do you have budgeting experience?
      Why are you interested in this company?
      Tell me about a project you managed.
      Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Lewin Group (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter on my college campus and then filled out a form online. They made me complete an online "virtual interview" that composed of me talking to a video camera. Then they called me and flew me out to DC. I had several interviews (maybe 4 as well as lunch) that started at 8 and ended around 3. Included in that time was a timed writing sample (about an hour to review some data). I got a response (rejection) after 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of times you did {quantitative/qualitative} research.   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Lewin Group (Falls Church, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phase 1 was an interview with the recruitment officer. Very short. It was more a gatekeeper interview to see if you match the qualifications.

Phase 2 was an interview with a current Senior Research Analyst. Call took about 1hr. It was more of an opportunity for me to lay out my qualifications and ask questions.

Phase 3 was they flew me into Falls Church for the interview. It was an all day interview including 4 interviews. One interview for qualitative skills, one for quantitative skills, one for consulting skills, a lunch with a current employee which should be treated as an interview, and a writing sample.

However, they took over a month to get back to me that I did not receive an offer despite my attempts to get in contact with them. While it turns out they had a reason for this delay, I still found this frustrating and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They mostly wanted examples of different times I had faced difficulties in the workplace EG a project changes how do you change? They also wanted to know my specific quantitative skills.   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Lewin Group (Falls Church, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter and had a prelim phone interview the next week. After that, I was offered an in-person interview. That is a full day interview including a qualitative, quantitative, and consulting interview. They also have you do a simple timed writing. Also, they do reimburse for travel expenses (at least in my case) but it took them months to reimburse me.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Lewin Group (Arlington, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Involves multiple stages
    recruitment team is very thorough and efficient with guiding you through the process
    you will have a phone interview, and once on site you will be interviewed by at least 4 other people
    once you have completed all interviews you will have to take a written assesment

Interview Questions

• know your resume well
      be articulate
      be current on policies, regulations ect
      1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Lewin Group.

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter interviewed me. It's very friendly and comfortable conversation. Professional recruiter and excellent company culture. Great interview experience. But after two weeks, the position is canceled, which is really sad.

Interview Questions

• pretty basic, such as introduction of background and experience, your knowledge about this company, and what kind of opportunity to grow and develop.   Answer Question

Research Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Lewin Group.

Interview

The process is very standardized. You get a phone call with a recruiter once they have your materials, if that goes well, you get an all day interview. The interviewers assess different skills of yours (consulting, qualitative, quantitative). You will also do a writing assessment. This entire process can take about 2-3 months--and that is fairly quick.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you encountered in qualitative research'?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Lewin Group (Falls Church, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

The first stage was a skype interview set up through my College. Then they followed up with a phone call and some more questions. Finally, I had an on site interview at their Falls Church location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Lewin Group (Falls Church, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of phone interviews. The first round was with a recruiter who asked general questions regarding my background and skills. A second phone interview followed with an individual at Lewin asking more specific questions related to the role and research activities. Lastly, the process culminated with 1:1 interviews on site with several individuals. The entire process was disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process of a literature review.
      What's your experience with SAS?
      Answer Question