The Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Limited

2.1

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Limited (Louisville, KY) in June 2013.

Interview

I was an internal canidate, that left the position of store manager at another company.
    Started as sales associate. Promoted after a week to sales lead, and the next opening with the local market was asked by the district manager to accept the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would coach some one who is a top performer, yet not motivated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Limited (Worcester, MA).

Interview

Overall I had a total of 3 interviews for the position of assistant store manager. The first interview was actually for a sales associate and it was a very laid back interview with the store manager where we basically chatted about experience and career goals. After our interview she informed me that she wanted to forward my information to another store that was looking for an assistant manager. I received a call from that stores manager after about a week to come in for another interview, which I did, and it was very similar to the 1st interview. Not many difficult questions, just the normal retail related questions that any interviewer might ask. This interview also went well and the store manager informed me that she wanted to take the process a step further and have me interview with the district manager. I had to wait about two weeks for this 3rd and final interview with the limited. This was the most intimidating interview, and the most thorough as far as questions go. It went well and the DM told me she would be in touch by the weekend. That came and went and I never received a call or email from the company. Not the most professional in my opinion.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Limited (Nashville, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

I saw that the mall I was already employed at was building a Limited Outlet a couple of stores down from mine. I applied online and within a week was contacted by the store manager for an interview. I came dressed in a fashion forward blazer, statement necklace, and high waist trouser pants. The interview was very relaxed and lasted about an hour. Two days later I had a phone interview with the district manager which also lasted about an hour. In two days I was offered the position. The whole process took less than a month.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable signing clients up for the Limited Card?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a little less than what I asked for. I chalked it up to it being my first assistant manager role in my career. Monthly and especially the quarterly bonuses do make an impact on your paycheck, so keep that in mind.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Limited in August 2016.

Interview

Online application includes math test and aptitude survey. They called within a week of me filling out the online application. Went in for an in person interview. Interview was laid back and geared toward me as questions were based on the test and survey I completed online. Felt very comfortable through the whole process.

Cash Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Limited.

Interview

one on one typical questions seemed pre-disposed was dressed well (in The Limited's clothes, I do believe) punctual stylish well groomed clean purfume was a bit overwhelming and smelled like an Avon fragrance I wore in middle school pleasant but straightforward not quite personable more like a Stepford wife we met in back of store sat down and exchanged pleasantries not many questions other than the typical (what brings you here? what is your experience in retail? are you punctual?)

Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Limited in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with district manager. Asked questions based on previous experience. Asked specific behavioral questions. Example questions. Interview was comfortable and fun. She explained what was expected and what they were looking for. The district manager was pretty straight forward and did not sugar coat the situation.

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Limited (New York, NY).

Interview

I was hired after being a freelancer, so the interview process was more a formality. I freelanced there for three months, so they knew what I could do, and that I'd be a good match, work-wise, to the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was extremely good, compared to my last job (about 18k higher), so I didn't negotiate.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Limited (Chattanooga, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

Three interviews, district manager, regional manager, vice president of stores. It was an internal interview I was up for promotion. It took months and they hired someone else who left after two months. I got another interview and was eventually offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate well. My boss actually told me she would ask for more money for me because I wasn't asking enough.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Limited (Columbus, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

There was an over the phone interview and meet with the contracting company, then in person interview with multiple managers; after hired there was a meet and greet with the contractors/staffing agency coming to the first day of employment

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company? how many entities are involved?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Limited in September 2012.

Interview

Interview was very fast and to the point. Took about a week to start working that was including filing all paper work. Very fast training.

Interview Questions

• Very easy questions, what do you know about The Limited? Why do you want to work for The Limited? What can you offer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes the pay offer was very low but I asked for more and we met in the middle.