The Limited Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Limited Store Manager Interview Questions

3.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Limited in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from the DM the next day late at night to schedule an interview the next day . I went to the interview and met the DM . Everything went well. after the interview she said she will definitely call me. I emailed a thank you letter after the interview. Then after a week I emailed her to follow up my application . She replied back and said we are still in the interview process .

Interview Questions

• What's your strength and weakness , tell me about your self   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Limited

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Limited.

Interview

After responding in email form, the District Manager contacted me to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes, after which she set up a time for a face to face interview. I arrived at the store on time for the interview, but the district manager was not there and the store employees working had NO idea she was coming or that she was going to do an interview. After an awkward 15 minutes of waiting, the District Manager called the store and asked for me- she requested that I meet her in the cafe in the mall. During the interview, it became obvious that this tactic was a ploy for me to get a look at the store and its opportunities, which were numerous. The interview continued for another 2 1/2 hours, the longest face to face interview I have ever had, which included a 'secret shop' of a store of my previous employer. She also bought me lunch at a sandwich place and we continued the interview. I think we covered every possible aspect of life. I have done many interviews in my time but I have never spend that much time with an applicant. It made me wonder what else she hoped to accomplish that day.

Interview Questions

• I previously worked for Aeropostale, so she had me go into the Aeropostale in that mall ( which was part of my old district) and had me critique their customer service, visuals, standards etc. It was potentially very awkward, but fortunately I did not know anyone working in the store that day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Limited (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There were 3 interviews total - one with the DM, one with HR and one with the RM. The DM interview was under an hour, the HR interview was via Skype and the RM interview was on the phone and took only 20 minutes. The HR representative felt the most personable and seemed the most interested in my responses.

Interview Questions

• "What questions do you have for me?" was the most unexpected question. The questions asked of you are very standard to a retail environment, but the most difficult to answer is what questions you have for the interviewer. Every interviewer asked this question and it is important to come ready with at least one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

On the application there is a spot for expected salary. I was given 98% of what was asked, which was fair for the volume of the store and the location in the metroplex.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Limited (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Was set up by HR and over the phone. Lasted for 20 minutes and was asked standard interview question around Talent, operations, and Visuals. Was quick and easy applied online for open store and took a 30 minute online assessment and then received a call for a phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Mostly to describe different how I would approach or do something. Really focused on development of Talent and processes.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Limited in July 2012.

Interview

Interview process was long, and disorganized. First had an in person interview, which went great, then had a phone interview which was alright. Then was told that I was going to have another interview on the phone, which kept getting pushed back and moved around. Then it got moved to a Skype interview, where the person who interviewed me ended up being 15 minutes late on the Skype call and only had about 13 minutes to talk before having to take another call. Overall, very disorganized and it took over a month to get just 3 interviews in, after all that time I didn't even get a courtesy phone call just an e-mail saying that they didn't have any positions currently that met my qualifications. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? And how are you going to overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What makes you the best canidate for the job?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Limited in May 2009.

Interview

Very Intense interview process- stressful to say the least. Very exclusive company to work for.

Negotiation

very little room for negotiation- they have special scales they weigh your experience on