The Linde Group Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Linde Group Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

The interview process really didn't feel like an interview for an engineering position. It was very general and almost had nothing to do with the technical position I was applying for. It felt like a superficial interview with very elementary questions and more like out of a book.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself five years from now? (And I am just wanting to land the job first before thinking of my next move later.)   Answer Question
  • What do like and don't like about a company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a salary higher than what I was making.
Advise to candidates:
1) Talk to an insider first and know the company, how it works (tightness of schedules, stress, etc.)
2) Know how the company is performing in terms of project backlogs
3) Position scope, market demand and your qualifications are factors relevant to determining your salary.
4) Not because it's related to a German company it's good. It has its own setbacks.

Other Interview Reviews for The Linde Group

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Linde Group.

Interview

The first interview was on campus with someone from HR. It was a pretty typical interview. There were a few curve ball questions though. About a month later, they called to do another interview on site. This was very poorly orgainzed. No one came for me until 30 minutes after the set time. That's when I found out I was actually doing 2 interviews with different people. The first just talked about the position and asked a few questions. The second was clearly uninterested in hiring me and didn't even try to hide it or be professional about it. The next week is when they called with an offer. You get a week to accept or decline.

, Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a phone interview that was frequently rescheduled. I ended up waiting 3 weeks for the initial phone interview because the hiring manager was dealing with plant shut downs. There were other issues with the HR representative not being able to adequately manage rescheduling. I was twice left waiting by the phone.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weaknesses, Personal Projects, Past Work History (give examples of how it could be relative)   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Linde Group in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed on campus, they did not ask any tricky question only basic ones based off of what was on my resume. Did not ask about biggest weakness or anything like that. Was interested in project experience the most. Interview was very laid back and relaxed, gave plenty of time to ask questions myself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Tulsa, OK) in February 2012.

Interview

First interview was basic.
    Second interview was tricky. They said they'd send in one group at a time to speak, but they sent in groups from lowest to highest ranking. At the end I was sitting with the head Process and Piping engineers.

Interview Questions

• They will do research on your resume claims. He wanted me to return a greeting to him in Korean.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

Went to information session the night before.
    On the interview day, mostly simply describe yourself and why you took on your current major. What position I'm aiming for and why.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Linde Group.

Interview

Interview Questions

• the process was easy. everything related to basics. basically from first 3 years of engineering.
      presentation skills they are looking after. how to deal with pressure. they will be checking your sincerity and work ethics.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Linde Group in September 2011.

Interview

Selection process consisted of an written examination which consisted of aptitude and technical questions. This was followed by an interview in which they asked both technical & HR questions. The whole process was conducted at their Baroda head office. We were selected through college. Minimum criteria was 60 % and above and no backlogs ever.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Linde Group in July 2010.

Interview

Interview process was quite good. Interviewer was handling the process with positive mental attitude. Interview lasted for 2 hours approx. And interview was conducted to test each and every aspect related to the subject matter. The process was more like a discussion rather than an interview, which took the pressure off the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were technical and analytical. Some of which required logical reasoning.   Answer Question

Negotiation

During negotiation phase I was told by the respective person that the Linde India has a benchmark as per the number of years of experience and the salary is based on the same with hardly any variation. But later I learned that it was not the case. Salary difference is quite wide and depends on the demand by the department.