The Linde Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2018

2.9

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Bethlehem, PA).

Interview

The interview process began with an online personality assessment followed by a phone screening and then onsite interview. Phone screening was performed by an third party service. Phone interviewer could not answer many questions about the company or the position itself. I was not informed that the interview would be onsite until about two hours before the actual interview. So specifically ask if your interview will be virtual or onsite. The process felt unorganized at some points. However, questions were fair and the experience was great!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Linde?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Instrumentation Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Pasadena, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Standard knowledge of instrumentation and control systems, safety instrumented systems. Educational background. Previous work experience. Do you feel comfortable doing light electrical work. Can you be punctual and are you a self-starter? What is your experience in industrial chemical plants?

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Triconex SIS and TriStation software?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Bethlehem, PA).

Interview

It's an on demand video interview. It's the first round of interview with only four behavior questions. The job is most about using six Sigma Theory to find out the viability of new projects.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in an internship with linde how did you hear about linde? Briefly describe any related work experience or leadership activities that you have had. What skills did you develop that you can apply at Linde. What do you hope to gain out of an internship at Linde? Are you willing to relocate for an internship with Linde?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and HR contacted me within a few weeks. I had a video interview where I recorded myself answering questions and then 2 phone interviews with managers. The HR department wanted to see where I would be the best fit and which location would be best given my skill set and interests. The managers were easy to talk to and wanted me to be in an area that I found interesting.

Technical Specialist/Non Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, VIDEO interview, onsite interview. I had the normal phone screen and then got invited to participate in a video interview. That process was awkward, but put my face with the interview questions. I was then invited to interview onsite. Once they moved, they were quick through the process. The listing was posted, then frozen and then the process started. Start to finish it was four months, but if they'd been more direct, they could have cut those first 3 months off completely - especially when considering someone mid-career.

Interview Questions

• "Now be honest, you just want to work here because you want any job, right?"   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

ecovar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kittery, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Kittery, ME) in December 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview with someone in Florida. After that, there was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. They asked about previous experiences and then described what the job was.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much asked the usual questions to see how competent you are.   Answer Question

LeAD Rotational Program- Engineering Track Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stewartsville, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Stewartsville, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Met them at the career fair and secured an interview for the next day. The first round was purely resume based and some standard behavioral questions. Cleared the first round and they flew me to their facility in Stewartsville, NJ. Three interviews with the hiring managers. First one was pretty technical. Heard back after 4 weeks.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Greensboro, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviews with 2 different people. All behavioral based, some to test tenacity, adaptability, stress management etc. Everyone was very nice and we all had the opportunity to interact with each other and learn more about the company. Interviews were relaxed and somwhat conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw something unsafe and what you did about it   Answer Question

Fleet Engineer: LEAD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stewartsville, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Stewartsville, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Brought us in to meet first day for a tour of the Stewartsville, NJ facility. Had a general question and answer. Then moved to the Estonian Hotel for an informal dinner buffet and opportunity to chat. Also participated in team building activities.

Poor interview overall. They failed to provide mileage compensation for those who came from long distances. Assured interviewees that they would inform within two weeks on position. Never called or formally informed me of my acceptance or lack thereof. Overall, unprofessional as a whole.

Sales Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Hoboken, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a group presentation as Linde was recruiting on campus. After the group interview interview spots were given out and were conducted with one senior member of the company and one recent alumni of the school I was currently attending. Overall the interview questions were very fair and relevant to the position I was being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• What leadership experiences have you had that would prepare you for this position?   Answer Question