The Linde Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Linde Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2018

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Linde Group in June 2010.

Interview

It was a very positive interview experience. It was very detailed with direct questions relative to the position. None of the questions were abstract. I had a pre-interview with a lesser member of management first and was called back for an official interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Birmingham, AL) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview was OK - drug testing , background check, phone interview, everything you have come to we expect in today's marketplace. the interviewers were great and really honest. too bad they have some sorry employees working under them. Employees that regularly cheated the company and then wanted you to look the other way.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and HR contacted me within a few weeks. I had a video interview where I recorded myself answering questions and then 2 phone interviews with managers. The HR department wanted to see where I would be the best fit and which location would be best given my skill set and interests. The managers were easy to talk to and wanted me to be in an area that I found interesting.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Linde Group.

Interview

Was recruited through college. Had a phone and in-person interview. Phone interview was just a review of my resume. Went to a plant and talked to plant manager and site engineering during in-person interview. Very relaxed interview. Looking more for how you would fit in with the team. Many questions were based on teamwork and how you work with others. Be ready to answer questions about classes and lab experience in college.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a better candidate over the others?
      What is your role in a group (leader or follower)?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

They basically asked all about my experience in related work jobs

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Blue Bell, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

In person interview consisting of mostly behavioral based questions. The environment was pretty relaxed and I spoke one on one with my soon to be boss. Afterwards, I received a response about a month or two later notifying me that I had received job.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you could make a positive impact on this company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Linde Group.

Interview

I did not have the typical interview experience. Hiring was pretty painless for me as I essentially had a 6 month interview as an outside consultant before I was offered a full time position. I was interviewed over the phone and hired sight unseen as a remote employee.

Help was needed for a major project and they didn't have the requisite skill set internally so they outsourced it to a consulting firm. The consulting firm didn't have anyone with the skill set nearby so it was the consulting firm that interviewed me and again, hired me for the job sight unseen. As my contract was coming to an end Linde sort of panicked since they still had no one to manage the project, which was ongoing, and I was about to take a contract with someone else.

They then made a counter offer which was actually lower than I was making as a contractor, but it was full time permanent with benefits so I took it. It was the right decision.

Negotiation

Simple. They made an offer, I made a counter offer and they accepted.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Manchester, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

interview, word, excel, math test. spent about 2 hours there. is a recruiting firm. very pleasant worked hard to get you the interview and to represent you. very professional gave good advice and followed up before and after the interview with the prospective employer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Linde Group (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Typically a phone screen from a recruiter, followed by phone interview from a regional manager, followed by an invite to interview at a Linde location, another month of waiting, followed two more phone interviews from management outside region.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Linde Group (Greensboro, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviews with 2 different people. All behavioral based, some to test tenacity, adaptability, stress management etc. Everyone was very nice and we all had the opportunity to interact with each other and learn more about the company. Interviews were relaxed and somwhat conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw something unsafe and what you did about it   Answer Question