The MENTOR Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The MENTOR Network Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.2

DSP Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network.

Interview

Quick interview, best to go during the job fair. Almost immediately hired, they pay for your pre-employment requirements. The office staff was very nice, and helpful. They teach you alot at your orientation, and give you training. They will answer any questions you have so you dont really need expierence.

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network.

Interview

It seemed biased. Interviewer was not open minded to ideas or thoughts regarding my interpretation of the position, being I was employed by another company in the same field.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about your skills as a manager?   1 Answer

Program Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network (Stockton, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I received a phone interview 2 days after I applied online from a recruiter. The next day the hiring manager called me and set me up for an interview the next day. I received a job offer 2 hours after my in person interview. Process was really fast.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a challenging staff and what did you do to problem solve it?   1 Answer

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinez, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network (Martinez, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

There were three interviewers. They first showed a 10-15 minute video of what the position entails, same video that was sent via email when setting up the interview. After that, there was the traditional question/answer session, which took probably about half an hour but they didn't really ask any extremely difficult questions, just really about my experiences in the field. Finally they have you take a short written test, once again nothing terribly hard, just basic questions. Total time was about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which an individual you are working with started acting out in a behavior, how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network (Wheeling, WV) in February 2017.

Interview

3 people just asking questions from a sheet of paper applied in December got called for interview end of Jan. Took almost 2 weeks before offering me the job. Good company nice people to work with. Excited to get started and meet the rest of the people I'll be working with.

Life Skills Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network (Carbondale, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went well at first i was a little nervous. I got asked mutli question which i felt comfortable answering. I got offer the job on the spot. Exciting moment for me..

Interview Questions

• Would i take the clients to a church of their choice?   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen set up by contracting firm, then an in-person interview a few days later. Was informed that they were not going forward the next business day.

Interview Questions

• The screening questions were typical, "describe what you did/have done" questions.   1 Answer
    • The in-person interview was scenario based. You had to role play a meeting and a report out. It wasn't clear what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network (New York, NY).

Interview

they have you watch a video, then they ask you like 10 basic questions... this is honestly the easiest panel interview you will ever have... just be honest and open

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities before?   1 Answer
    • Would you feel comfortable with helping someone use the rest room?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience as a caregiver?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a high school diploma?   1 Answer
    • Do you have access to a vehicle that can comfortably seat 4 people?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • What do you feel your biggest strength to the company will be?   1 Answer
    • What do you think will be the biggest challenge for you to work with us?   1 Answer

Personal Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network (New York, NY).

Interview

It took a while after I applied online. The interview schedule can be pretty flexible. I interview with a group of panel, and they took turn to ask you questions on the sheet. I had time to look over the questions and get prepared. The panel are friendly, and you can expect to ask some follow up questions, which I thought is a good sign. However, I don't know if its their company policy or what, they don't really get back to you if you sent follow up email. I thought I did ok job and might have chance to get the job, but it has been almost two weeks, so I guess not.

Interview Questions

• Based on your experience and how you deal with heavy load work.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairmont, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network (Fairmont, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Online Application, phone interview within two days, face to face interview within next three days. Asked for references via email the next day. Given assessment to complete via email about skills, personality, etc. Very confused, thought that I FOR SURE was going to get the job definitely over qualified for the position. During the interview they even asked, if I knew the role of the Program Coordinator because a lot of my experience is more of what the Program Director does, which I indeed knew. Was told that they would let me know as a decision has not been made yet (this was last Friday) and that they hopefully would get back to me early next week. It is Weds. now and now they are not responding to my emails. Assuming I did not get the position, but it sucks that they could not have told me that. I just don't understand how I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you over other candidates?   1 Answer