The MENTOR Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The MENTOR Network Interview Questions

Interviews at The MENTOR Network

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network.

Interview

The interview was done a group in setting. There were between 6-10 people interviewing the applicant. The director gave all clinicians a copy of the applicants resume to review. The director as well as all the clinicians were able to ask the applicant questions about work as well as person life.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network (Boston, MA) in September 2019.

Interview

I was living in another state at the time and they accommodated the situation and conducted multiple interviews over skype. Everyone was extremely candid and pleasant. There were 4 phone interviews and 1 video group interview with everyone on the team.

Interview Questions

• They asked behavioral questions and conceptual questions like what about development I enjoyed.   Answer Question

Carrington College Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network (Portland, OR) in August 2019.

Interview

It was discriminatory. The ladies were very inconsiderate. The 1st lady I had the 1st interview with was very rough around the edges. & The 2nd lady seemed like she didn't like people of color. She didn't even want to shake my hand when i reached out to be polite.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to do follow up calls back to students calling in about tuitions.   1 Answer

BHT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2019.

Interview

Easy as pie. Just walk in and interview. If you have a clean background they will hire you. They need a warm body since they are always short staffed. If you can tolerate being around SMI persons, it is short term job.....not a career.

Negotiation

Not possible. Take it or leave it minimum wage.

DSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network (Bakersfield, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

I went in on interview day that they do every Tuesday in Bakersfield. After about 20-30 min they called me to do my interview. I was interviewed by two people at the same time, it wasn't too bad. Direct questions, if you have experience you'll be fine(I was told you need experience to do the job).

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a client who is beginning to have a behavior?   1 Answer

Therapeutic Staff Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomall, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network (Broomall, PA) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied on indeed and the talent requiter emailed me within a few days. He emailed me about everyday for a few weeks until I finally decided to look into it. So i could tell they were desperate. We had a brief phone interview asking of my education & experience than scheduled an interview. Met with the talent requiter, he asked me a few situational questions then had me fill out this report to make sure I'd be able to do it if employed. While I did that, he talked with the Program Director and they liked me. Scheduled a second interview to meet with the program director which was less of an interview and more of my availability and she gave me a bunch of documents that I'd need. They pay for all your clearances but no one actually described the job to me in full. They hired me even though i didn't have a drivers licenses or experience but i did have a degree. This kind of job has a high turnover so they hire often and the process is easy. The process to start can be long.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • If a client became physical aggressive, what would you do to calm them down?   Answer Question

Interview

I received a call for an interview 2 weeks after applying and it was also 2 weeks after my interview that I received a call about a job offering.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network (East Portland, OR) in February 2019.

Interview

After speaking with a recruiter by phone, during which I was VERY clear about the position in which I was interested - despite his attempts to persuade me to consider a different one - he subsequently changed the interview time. I arrived on time, to find that I would be meeting with the WRONG manager for the WRONG job. I was asked to fill out my paperwork anyway, and told it would be forwarded to the correct hiring manager. The amount of paperwork was overwhelming (30+ pages) and largely designed to test whether I could read and understand English. I have a graduate degree, but the sheer quantity took several hours to complete. Many of the non-job-related questions were also highly invasive and beyond anything I've experienced in a lifetime of professional employment.

As I left the room, two managers entered with another interviewee. These were the managers with whom I was supposed to interview, and they offered the job for which I'd applied to the other interviewee.

Interview Questions

• (1) (required written consent) Addresses for the three years prior to relocating to Oregon
      (2) (required written consent) Driving record for every state in which I've had a license
      (3) (required written consent) Credit score
      (4) (required written consent) Drug and criminal record check
      (4) Multiple scenarios written in English, with questions for which the answers were in the scenarios.   Answer Question

Direct Support Professional Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network.

Interview

The interview was pleasant and relaxed. I did not feel nervous during this interview. I was given the opportunity to work in the two towns surrounding where I live. I was offered a position but unfortunately declined due to the pay rate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The MENTOR Network.

Interview

I showed up professionally and on time. I sat in the office for over an hour because the managers were in the middle of gossiping about other managers. I then got an “informal” interview that lasted all of 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What hours and days I was willing to commit to.   1 Answer