The Mark Travel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2017.

Interview

HR mgr had no INTEREST. VERY RUDE, other HR over phone had more interest and asked all the questions. After it was over HR stood up said thank you and never followed up.

Interview Questions

• Who would you get a customer to purchase something if you felt they weren't interested.   Answer Question

Trainer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone screen interview with Lindsay from HR, who was super friendly and made me feel comfortable immediately at the start of the call. From there I had an in-person interview at the office, first with Lindsay, then following immediately with the hiring manager. After that, for the Trainer 1 position they have you prepare a webinar training presentation based on a topic they select for you. So, the third interview is delivering that presentation to the hiring manager. The final step is delivering a final, in-person, presentation to a panel of folks from the company. From there is the background check and finally the offer call. :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a training environment, where somebody in the class wasn't catching on as well as they should be. What did you do in that situation and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Orlando, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The first step in the interview process is a phone interview with one of the Customer Care Supervisors. They'll ask you a few opening questions about your experience, skills and qualifications. After the phone interview they may ask to have you come in to do a formal interview with other one or two other supervisors.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a scenario with an upset or unhappy customer?   Answer Question
    • What makes you want to leave your current career?   Answer Question
    • How do you see yourself fitting in with the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

Lindsay (Zagar) Britton was absolutely fantastic throughout the process. Because of certain circumstances (and likely she is the type that would push regardless of the circumstance), she really pushed to find me the perfect fit for a job here. A different position didn't work out so she searched to find me the job I accepted and am happy to be in. I am pleased how things turned out and I do owe a lot of that to Lindsay.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? After 1 year at the company, what would make it a successful year?   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very detailed questions to get a good idea of who you are and how you best fit the culture of the company. Also information about the company and what they expect was reiterated several times throughout the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fair.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email setting up a phone interview. The phone interview happened the same week and was with Lindsay. A week later, I met with her and Mike Ehlers (head of the Groups department). Everything ran very smoothly and they were both very easy to talk to, welcoming and I got the sense they wanted to help me achieve my career goals! About a week after the in-person interview, I was offered the position following a background check.

Interview Questions

• What position in the Groups department do you feel you would be best in and why?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was typical with a phone interview followed by an in-person interview. We reviewed my skills and talked about how I could be an asset to the company. They talked about the position, team and company. Very nice people and the Corporate Recruiter\Human Resources kept me in the loop throughout the entire process (even was available on the weekend!) so I knew the expectations up to the day I started. I really appreciated that. An very positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with an intern asking for my availability for a phone call, then when we had put something in place, was a 45 minute phone call with Lindsay Zager in the HR department. We covered my resume from most recent to earliest, and she had a few questions to clarify responsibilities and on-the-job challenges. After that, she had a few aptitude and workplace personality questions that seemed to be geared towards matching the Mark Travel Corporation's culture. They're looking for social and energetic team members. As Lindsay described it "we're not looking for someone who wants to work the 8-5 and wear their headphones the whole day." After the phone interview, I learned a few days after that they wanted an in-person interview. If it hadn't been a holiday weekend, and I hadn't been out of the country for part of the interview process, I know it would have been a quicker turnaround, but in my experience, from submitting my resume to my first day on the job it was 1 month and a week. The in-person interview started with Lindsay, the HR representative, extolling the virtues of Mark Travel - and there are a lot of them! I felt like she was selling the company to me more than I was selling myself to her. Then the Director of Groups and Manager of Groups interviewed me with questions that asked for situational examples that pulled from previous professional experience. Afterwards, there is a personality test (which apparently has no wrong answers, it's called the Kolbe) and a background check. Any of your holidays that you already have planned before being hired are called Conditions On Employment, so you should be able to get them off.

Interview Questions

• What are three things we should know about you?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very timely. I had a brief phone interview and then was brought in for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was broken into two sections: I met with Lindsay Zager from HR and then with two members of the finance department. Both parties made me feel at ease during the interview. Lindsay was very accessible following the interview, as well. She reached out to me following my interview to keep me updated on the status of my background check and to answer any question I had. Overall, the interview process was fantastic.

Airline Systems Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, but only because it took a while for my background check to clear. However, throughout the entire process Lindsay kept me consistently updated! An HR recruiter with her drive is rare to come by. She even helped me find the right job position for my skills and qualifications. Lindsay definitely has an eye for talented individuals and where they should be placed within the company. Throughout the process, I turned down a different job just to take a job opportunity with Mark Travel and I don't regret it!

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can offer this position?
      Tell me about a time where you experienced conflict on the job...what happened, and what did you do?
      Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume
      Answer Question