The Mark Travel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2018

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation.

Interview

There was a preliminary phone screening and then we set up an in person interview with the Regional Director. After this interview was done I received a phone call a few days later to set up a phone interview with regional supervisor. Following this call, I was sent an email with a KOLBE questionnaire to complete. My last two interviews were via Skype with the VP and the head of HR. I did create and email a 30-60-90 day plan to the final 2 interviewers - although it was not 100% necessary. Each phone interview lasted about 30 mins and the in person were approximately 45 mins to an hour. After the official interview process was completed, I filled in and returned details for a full background check going back 8 years in employment. The whole process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the company? Why did I want this particular position? How do I feel about not working in a traditional office environment? Am I self-motivated? Several different Leadership/Responsibility type questions. Sales and Negotiation based questions. They also asked if I had any questions for them - always good to have your own set of questions to make sure the job is also a right fit for you!   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

From first communication to the eventual offer, the hiring interview process was thorough, but smooth. A special "thank-you" to the folks in HR for their help in coordinating interviews with members of the team. While the process may take longer than most companies, LME ensures you would be a good fit for the culture.

Interview Questions

• What particular skills and experience would make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Feb 26, 2015 – Human Resources

Thanks for sharing your interview experience. We are so glad you are joining our team (or have already joined our team).

Our HR team works hard to make sure we get the right person in the right... More

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation.

Interview

Recruitment process went very smoothly. It did take about three weeks for them to contact me after I submitted my application, but after that I was hired within two weeks. Everyone was very friendly and seemed interested in your experience but also what sort of a fit you would be for the company and your team. I didn't find the interviews to be stressful, but comfortable and more of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there was anything difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate my salary. I stated upfront what I wanted and, thought they told me it was higher than they usually start people at, they matched it.

Jan 29, 2015 – Human Resources

Hello and thanks for your review! We're glad to hear your recruitment experience went smoothly. We make our best effort to ensure we have the right person in the right seat, meaning both job fit and... More

Ccs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief interview over the phone asking generic job related questions and previous employment. Then a 2 person panel interview at an onsite facility with HR and a supervisor from Milwaukee.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to overcome an objection.   Answer Question

Feb 1, 2018 – Manager Corporate Communications

Hello and thank you for sharing feedback on your interview experience from September of 2016. It’s great to read that the recruiting process was smooth and you accepted our offer. I’m hopeful that... More

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview with the HR Recruiter, Lindsay. The phone interview consisted of questions regarding my background and why I was interested in the position and the company. I was then set up for an in-person interview, where I first met with Lindsay. If I recall correctly I asked most of the questions in this interview, about the company and about benefits. After meeting with Lindsay for about a half hour I then met with Andrew, the design team manager and one of the other designers. They asked me questions about my web design knowledge and experience. They also had me do a quick white-board Q&A. After that, I received an email requesting to do a KOLBE assessment, which is just a questionnaire that determines how you learn and interact with others (if I understand correctly - there is not "right" or "wrong" with the answers or results). I was offered the position shortly after this.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given a very good offer. I tried to negotiate a bit, but was told that my offer was on the high end as it was. I don't really have advice - I'm happy with my offer, but I'm glad I asked anyway.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation.

Interview

I submitted my application online through the marktravel.com website. About a week later I was reached out to via phone to set up a phone interview with an HR manager. A few days after that I was asked to come onsite for an interview with the hiring manager and the Corporate Recruiter Lindsay. The confirmation email was very clear on how to get there, where to park, and who I would be speaking with. The interview lasted about 45 minutes, and both Rebecca and Lindsay were very gracious and engaging during the interview. A week after that I was called and offered the position!

Interview Questions

• Very detailed questions about things I had dealt with in past positions and experiences. Lots of application questions.   Answer Question

Mar 2, 2015 – Human Resources

Thanks for sharing your application and interview process. We're glad everything ran smoothly for you and we hope you're enjoying your position as an intern. We really value feedback from our... More

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online on August 4th and was contacted by their corporate recruiter Lindsay on August 12th about the position. As others have said, their interview process is fairly straight forward. I did a phone interview with Lindsay and then proceeded to do an in person interview with her and the hiring manager the following week. From there, I had to complete a test called the Kolbe Assessment and and then complete a background check. Lindsay did a great job at communicating with me along the way which made for one of the best recruiting experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

• There were lots of behavioral based questions, so come prepared to think of situations from past work experiences. The STAR format is generally how you'll want to respond to the questions. The only question that was slightly difficult was "Describe a situation where you made a mistake and what you did to fix it"   Answer Question

Sep 8, 2015 – Human Resources

Hello, and thanks for much for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad Lindsay kept you updated, and will share the positive feedback with her so future candidates also have "one of the best... More

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to set up a convenient time for a phone interview/screen. I chose a time that worked for me, and they were very flexible. The call lasted about 30 minutes and was a very comfortable conversation about my background and the reason for my interest. I was called later to set up a face to face interview at their office in Milwaukee. I was interviewed by two people, for a while it was both individuals as they handed off. The questions were intellectually challenging, but it was a very relaxed/comfortable atmosphere. They offered me water and a break anytime I needed. The entire first interview was around an hour long.
    I was called later that week to set up a time for a second interview, during which I would be giving a presentation I prepared for the interview (due to my job title and potential job duties as at trainer.) This entire interview/presentation lasted around 90 minutes. The atmosphere was again comfortable, but the process was intellectually challenging. After my presentation I received very honest feedback from one of the individuals who would be the supervisor of this position. I was asked about my continued interest.
    I was then eventually invited to a third interview, during which I was able to meet several members of the team as well as some of the company ownership. The final interview was followed by an offer.
    During the entire process, the recruitment team and company remained very open to communicating with me, and invited me to reach out at any time. They were extremely courteous and open throughout the entire process.

Trainer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone screen interview with Lindsay from HR, who was super friendly and made me feel comfortable immediately at the start of the call. From there I had an in-person interview at the office, first with Lindsay, then following immediately with the hiring manager. After that, for the Trainer 1 position they have you prepare a webinar training presentation based on a topic they select for you. So, the third interview is delivering that presentation to the hiring manager. The final step is delivering a final, in-person, presentation to a panel of folks from the company. From there is the background check and finally the offer call. :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a training environment, where somebody in the class wasn't catching on as well as they should be. What did you do in that situation and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to set up an initial phone interview. Then from there she coordinated next steps/interviews with hiring manager etc. My experience with Lindsay (recruiter) was fantastic and I felt she went above and beyond for me on some of my request.

Interview Questions

• What was it about this position that made you interested and apply for job.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. 1 Phone interview and 3 in-person interviews scheduled one after another. I felt that the people that interviewed me were very engaged and asked good questions that allowed me to dive into my experience.
    All 3 people (Lindsay, Brian, and Amy) that I interviewed with were great and left me very confident in accepting the offer.
    Lindsay in HR was very responsive to my questions and was quick to respond to my email queries.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and what did you do afterwards?   Answer Question
    • What's your ideal work environment?   Answer Question
    • Is it more important to follow the rules and practices or ask questions?   Answer Question