The Mark Travel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Mark Travel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation.

Interview

There was a preliminary phone screening and then we set up an in person interview with the Regional Director. After this interview was done I received a phone call a few days later to set up a phone interview with regional supervisor. Following this call, I was sent an email with a KOLBE questionnaire to complete. My last two interviews were via Skype with the VP and the head of HR. I did create and email a 30-60-90 day plan to the final 2 interviewers - although it was not 100% necessary. Each phone interview lasted about 30 mins and the in person were approximately 45 mins to an hour. After the official interview process was completed, I filled in and returned details for a full background check going back 8 years in employment. The whole process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the company? Why did I want this particular position? How do I feel about not working in a traditional office environment? Am I self-motivated? Several different Leadership/Responsibility type questions. Sales and Negotiation based questions. They also asked if I had any questions for them - always good to have your own set of questions to make sure the job is also a right fit for you!   1 Answer

Product Build Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2018.

Interview

AMAZING and quick experience! Lindsay Britton is amazing and explained everything so well! Made me feel like part of the company! I would recommend this company to all of my friends just because of the warm welcome I received. Even if I didn't get the offer!

Interview Questions

• What do I expect from the company for success?   1 Answer

Apr 23, 2018 – Manager Corporate Communications

Thank you for the great review on your interview with us. Our recruiting team really does work to go above and beyond to create an open, comfortable and quick hiring process. We have a great team... More

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied to Mark Travel online and I was contacted shortly after for a phone screening with Lindsay. The screening went well and I was contacted with information about the next steps for the hiring process. I interviewed with Lindsay first, and she was informative and definitely made my experience with this company really special. Lindsay even mentioned to me that if I wasn't a good fit for the position I applied for, that she would check and see if I was a good fit for another position within the company. How kind of her! Brian and Amy also exceeded my expectations. They too were the sweetest and very patient with me during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I value in an employer.   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. I got an email from Amanda Friedrich saying that she wanted to interview me for the Airline Research position. Amanda set me up with Lindsay Britton a week later. Lindsay called me the following week, and was very pleasant. She went over my resume with me, and she said that she wanted to bring me in for two different positions. I agreed and scheduled the interviews. When I came in for the interviews she was so awesome, and very welcoming. She asked some questions about my work background, and then sent the Accounting and Airline Team leads came in to interview me. Everyone was a pleasure. I felt comfortable, and I was able to show my personality while I interviewed. After the interview Lindsay emailed me to let me know what the next steps were. She was great, and kept me updated with the process. She offered me the job a week later. This was literally the best interview process of my life!!

Interview Questions

• One of the interview questions were. What is one of your future goals?   1 Answer

Dec 14, 2017 – Manager Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for what sounds like an awesome recruiting and hiring experience with us! We are glad to hear that your end-to-end experience with us, from initial... More

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. It consisted of a 30 min phone interview and a 1 hour face-to-face interview with an HR manager and Customer Care Supervisor. You will also be asked to take the Kolbe index to determine your conative strengths.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult guest request you encountered and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What would a typical day working from home look like for you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a positive guest interaction or experience you can recall.   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question

Dec 14, 2017 – Manager Corporate Communications

Thank you for sharing information about your interview experience from April of 2016. I’m sorry that you rated it an overall negative experience. We take pride in finding the right fit for our... More

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bayside, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Bayside, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fantastic. Lindsay Britton was phenomenal and made the whole process very easy. She stayed in contact during the entire interview process and was always available for questions.

Interview Questions

• What three areas can you improve yourself?   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted a couple weeks later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with Lindsey in HR. She asked basic questions about my past experience and resume, and some more direct questions such as tell me about a time when you had to make a big decision? At the end of the call she indicated that they would be contacting me to set up an in person interview. I also received the information to sign off on a background check as well as a Kolbe questionnaire. The in person interview was scheduled for a couple weeks out. I met with Lindsey first and we went over benefit information and any questions I had. I then met with the department leaders for about an hour. I was offered the position the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you made a mistake and how did you handle that.   1 Answer

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

My experience applying and interviewing was efficient and pretty painless. After I applied, I was contacted shortly after to set up a phone screen with the Corporate Recruiter, Lindsay B. She was attentive and easy to talk to during the phone interview which allowed us to have a great conversation. LME was very upfront about compensation and benefits, discussing these matters in the initial phone screen, which I REALLY appreciated compared to other companies that tell you those details at the last second. Amanda F., HR Generalist, was very communicative throughout the process- she was quick to update me on the status of my application, schedule interviews that fit my schedule, and provide further direction.

I came on-site twice for 1.5 hour long interviews and received extensive questioning to ensure that I would be the right fit for the organization and position. I also took the Kolbe and had a background check before being hired. Lindsay was quick to check-in via phone after each step and became a helpful resource when I was finally offered the position. LME and Lindsay's attention to detail and flexibility made the hiring process a smooth transition for me. I am very grateful since I feel my move to LME was 100 percent the right move.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received feedback and how you handled that feedback.   Answer Question

Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Heard back shortly after I applied for position posted on company site to schedule a phone interview, that was followed up with 2 in-person interviews about 1 week apart and then an offer phone call. This process was fairly short and to the point which was very much appreciated! HR (I dealt mostly with Linsday) was an absolutely joy to work with!

Interview Questions

• What is some relevant coursework/work experience that has prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brown Deer, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Brown Deer, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted via email to set up a brief phone interview with the corporate recruiter. We discussed my past work history a little bit & what I was looking for in a new position. Then she scheduled in-person interviews with the supervisors of the department. I was sent a confirmation email detailing the time & location of the interviews (including where to park & which exact building to go to) AND an itinerary listing the names and positions of the people I would be interviewing with [which was awesome!]. After the interview (couple days) I received a notification via email that they would like to proceed with my app and run my background check. After that I was updated frequently on the status of my application & background check.

Interview Questions

• What is the main reason you are looking to leave your current job?   1 Answer