The Mark Travel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Mark Travel Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at The Mark Travel Corporation

2.8

Co-op Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was great. I felt comfortable talking to the HR specialists and the supervisors that interviewed me. Everyone was pleasant and welcoming. I never felt uneasy or nervous during the process and all my questions or concerns were answered and clarified. I was offered the position I was most interested in out of three they interviewed me for and I am currently in my second week of training. So far it has been a smooth transition and a great experience. I'm looking forward to learning more everyday and excelling in my new position at Mark Travel. My supervisor is easy to talk to and always makes sure we touch base about my training so far. My co-workers are friendly and patient with on-boarding. I have no complaints.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2018.

Interview

The process had several phases to it: first apply online on the company website. An HR Representative quickly followed up with an email to express interest. After that, there was a lot of clear communication back and forth between the HR Recruiter Lindsay Britton and I. Next I took part in a phone interview with the HR Recruiter. Finally, I met at the company's HQ for an in-person interview with the Customer Care Supervisor.

Interview Questions

• They stated that they normally do not ask this question, but did because they felt it fitted who I was and where I could go (i.e. growth): Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation in August 2018.

Interview

Received an email detailing the position, previously listed in initial job posting, and asking for dates and times for a phone interview. Lindsay, recruiter, was very pleasant and professional throughout the entire interview process. Lindsay set up a second in person interview in office with the manager of the department.

Interview Questions

• What was your most memorable customer service experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Bayside, WI) in August 2018.

Interview

I initially received an email requesting a day and time that would work for me to have a phone interview. Lindsay just so happened to be the HR recruiter I spoke with during my phone interview. She was very pleasant, and her energy via not only email- but throughout the entire process was AMAZING. After the phone interview, I believe I took a test.. forgive me if im out of sequence- it all actually happened rather quickly. I then had the face to face interview, and background was checked following the interview. About a week passed, and WALLAH :) I was offered the position!

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2018.

Interview

Very head on, and straight forward process. Absolute great company to work for, and grow with. There's a phone interview, and from there a in-person interview. Once you've been accepted, there is a background check to verify employment history and other background contents. Once everything checks out the process is , YOUR FIRST DAY!

Interview Questions

• Experience history
      Reason as to why you're a good fit for the company
      Experience at a position where you went above and beyond
      Flexibility abilities   1 Answer

During Travel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and welcoming. The HR department is very communicative as to what the next steps are and expectations! We scheduled a phone interview followed by an in-person interview, received an e-mail as to where they were in the background check, received a phone call followed by an email welcoming into TMTC family.

Interview Questions

• Over the phone, we went through my last 10 yrs of employment, what reasons were for exploring TMTC, and were very responsive to my questions on the Corporate Culture in addition to the duties. The standard "most difficult situation" and "when did you feel you did well..." questions did come up in the in-person interview in addition to an opportunity to be interviewed by a few departments that were of interest derived from the phone interview. HR gave every indication that the company wanted me to succeed.   Answer Question

Product Build Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2018.

Interview

AMAZING and quick experience! Lindsay Britton is amazing and explained everything so well! Made me feel like part of the company! I would recommend this company to all of my friends just because of the warm welcome I received. Even if I didn't get the offer!

Interview Questions

• What do I expect from the company for success?   1 Answer

Apr 23, 2018 – Manager Corporate Communications

Thank you for the great review on your interview with us. Our recruiting team really does work to go above and beyond to create an open, comfortable and quick hiring process. We have a great team member referral program so please recommend us to your friends! -Lindsay, Corporate Recruiter

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied to Mark Travel online and I was contacted shortly after for a phone screening with Lindsay. The screening went well and I was contacted with information about the next steps for the hiring process. I interviewed with Lindsay first, and she was informative and definitely made my experience with this company really special. Lindsay even mentioned to me that if I wasn't a good fit for the position I applied for, that she would check and see if I was a good fit for another position within the company. How kind of her! Brian and Amy also exceeded my expectations. They too were the sweetest and very patient with me during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I value in an employer.   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. I got an email from Amanda Friedrich saying that she wanted to interview me for the Airline Research position. Amanda set me up with Lindsay Britton a week later. Lindsay called me the following week, and was very pleasant. She went over my resume with me, and she said that she wanted to bring me in for two different positions. I agreed and scheduled the interviews. When I came in for the interviews she was so awesome, and very welcoming. She asked some questions about my work background, and then sent the Accounting and Airline Team leads came in to interview me. Everyone was a pleasure. I felt comfortable, and I was able to show my personality while I interviewed. After the interview Lindsay emailed me to let me know what the next steps were. She was great, and kept me updated with the process. She offered me the job a week later. This was literally the best interview process of my life!!

Interview Questions

• One of the interview questions were. What is one of your future goals?   1 Answer

Dec 14, 2017 – Manager Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for what sounds like an awesome recruiting and hiring experience with us! We are glad to hear that your end-to-end experience with us, from initial contact with me to your time with Brian and Amy was great. When our recruiting team finds a candidate that is a great culture fit for our organization, we really work hard to find them the “right fit” at LME, even if that fit is not the initial role they applied for. However, in this case it sounds like your “right fit” was our Accounting Clerk role! Welcome to LME, we are happy to have you! –Lindsay, Corporate Recruiter

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. It consisted of a 30 min phone interview and a 1 hour face-to-face interview with an HR manager and Customer Care Supervisor. You will also be asked to take the Kolbe index to determine your conative strengths.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult guest request you encountered and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What would a typical day working from home look like for you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a positive guest interaction or experience you can recall.   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question

Dec 14, 2017 – Manager Corporate Communications

Thank you for sharing information about your interview experience from April of 2016. I’m sorry that you rated it an overall negative experience. We take pride in finding the right fit for our roles and while we want to move at a steady pace for all involved, we will not rush through our recruiting processes to simply fill a role. Typically when the process takes a number of months, it’s due to extenuating circumstances behind the scenes. Perhaps you were in consideration for multiple roles and possibly even a role that was not yet open, and sometimes it is the background checks that add to the length of time. Regardless, I am sorry you felt it was difficult reaching someone in HR as our intent is not to add stress to the job search process, but answer questions and provide updates along the way. Based on your accepted offer, I’m hopeful that you are a current team member so I encourage you to reach out to me or other members of our HR team with any suggestions from your perspective to improve this experience. –Rebecca, Sr. Manager Recruiting