The Mark Travel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Mark Travel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation.

Interview

There was a preliminary phone screening and then we set up an in person interview with the Regional Director. After this interview was done I received a phone call a few days later to set up a phone interview with regional supervisor. Following this call, I was sent an email with a KOLBE questionnaire to complete. My last two interviews were via Skype with the VP and the head of HR. I did create and email a 30-60-90 day plan to the final 2 interviewers - although it was not 100% necessary. Each phone interview lasted about 30 mins and the in person were approximately 45 mins to an hour. After the official interview process was completed, I filled in and returned details for a full background check going back 8 years in employment. The whole process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the company? Why did I want this particular position? How do I feel about not working in a traditional office environment? Am I self-motivated? Several different Leadership/Responsibility type questions. Sales and Negotiation based questions. They also asked if I had any questions for them - always good to have your own set of questions to make sure the job is also a right fit for you!   1 Answer

Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Heard back shortly after I applied for position posted on company site to schedule a phone interview, that was followed up with 2 in-person interviews about 1 week apart and then an offer phone call. This process was fairly short and to the point which was very much appreciated! HR (I dealt mostly with Linsday) was an absolutely joy to work with!

Interview Questions

• What is some relevant coursework/work experience that has prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brown Deer, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Brown Deer, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted via email to set up a brief phone interview with the corporate recruiter. We discussed my past work history a little bit & what I was looking for in a new position. Then she scheduled in-person interviews with the supervisors of the department. I was sent a confirmation email detailing the time & location of the interviews (including where to park & which exact building to go to) AND an itinerary listing the names and positions of the people I would be interviewing with [which was awesome!]. After the interview (couple days) I received a notification via email that they would like to proceed with my app and run my background check. After that I was updated frequently on the status of my application & background check.

Interview Questions

• What is the main reason you are looking to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation.

Interview

The interview process started off with a phone interview with Lindsay Britton, who was my main contact through the whole interview process. She knows her job very well and her excitement in working at The Mark Travel Corp made me very excited about this opportunity! The next step was a two part process--meeting in person with Lindsay and then followed by the (3) managers in the department I was applying for. Everyone was very friendly and typical interview questions about my job history, work ethic, and situational questions were asked.

Airline Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted relatively quickly after applying, and I had an initial phone interview within a few days. That was followed up with an in-person interview, first with the recruiter, then with two hiring managers from my department. (Those both took place the same day.) Some questions were aimed at making sure the job was a fit for my schedule and my interests. Most of the questions were looking for specific examples from previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you took a risk in a previous role, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to learn a new skill in your job.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. 1 Phone interview and 3 in-person interviews scheduled one after another. I felt that the people that interviewed me were very engaged and asked good questions that allowed me to dive into my experience.
    All 3 people (Lindsay, Brian, and Amy) that I interviewed with were great and left me very confident in accepting the offer.
    Lindsay in HR was very responsive to my questions and was quick to respond to my email queries.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and what did you do afterwards?   Answer Question
    • What's your ideal work environment?   Answer Question
    • Is it more important to follow the rules and practices or ask questions?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to set up an initial phone interview. Then from there she coordinated next steps/interviews with hiring manager etc. My experience with Lindsay (recruiter) was fantastic and I felt she went above and beyond for me on some of my request.

Interview Questions

• What was it about this position that made you interested and apply for job.   Answer Question

Airline Research Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for the Airline Research Specialist position at the end of April and was contacted about a phone interview by Lindsay Britton a few weeks later. The phone interview was short but I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I met with Lindsay who asked me a series of more general questions about my previous employment and other HR related things. I then met the 2 supervisors of the department I was applying for and they asked questions pertaining to the position and how I would fit in with the team. Everyone was very nice and down to earth. After the interview Lindsay was great about keeping in touch with me about how the process was going and responded very quickly about any questions I had. Overall the hiring process at Mark Travel was pretty stress free for me, I was informed by Lindsay about all the decisions that were being made and was kept up to date about where I was in the process of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had a difficult task at work and how did you complete the task?   Answer Question

Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

I had one initial phone interview followed by two final round onsite interviews with various members of the Corporate and Engagement Teams at Mark Travel. Everyone was very friendly and informative throughout the process and I especially enjoyed working with my recruiter, Lindsay Britton. She kept in close contact with me, providing weekly updates, and always got back to me right away anytime I had questions. She's extremely easy going and I connected with her bright personality right away. Honestly, such a pleasure to work with!

Interview Questions

• What marketing campaign has stood out to me the most in the last 6 months?   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mark Travel Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview with the HR Recruiter, Lindsay. The phone interview consisted of questions regarding my background and why I was interested in the position and the company. I was then set up for an in-person interview, where I first met with Lindsay. If I recall correctly I asked most of the questions in this interview, about the company and about benefits. After meeting with Lindsay for about a half hour I then met with Andrew, the design team manager and one of the other designers. They asked me questions about my web design knowledge and experience. They also had me do a quick white-board Q&A. After that, I received an email requesting to do a KOLBE assessment, which is just a questionnaire that determines how you learn and interact with others (if I understand correctly - there is not "right" or "wrong" with the answers or results). I was offered the position shortly after this.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given a very good offer. I tried to negotiate a bit, but was told that my offer was on the high end as it was. I don't really have advice - I'm happy with my offer, but I'm glad I asked anyway.