The Mars Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Mars Agency Interview Questions

Interviews at The Mars Agency

2.7

Strategic Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mars Agency.

Interview

The first round was a skype interview followed by an in person interview with myself and two other employees. It was mostly behavioral with a few situational questions but nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Do you value creative or analytical thinking more any why?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Mars Agency.

Interview

Very casual phone interview and the lady I spoke with was very personable and friendly. Don't remember exact questions, but it was all pretty standard. Was then called in for an in-person interview with a potential supervisor which was also relaxed. They called me about a month later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked several questions to determine whether or not I kept up to date with industry news/trends   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Mars Agency.

Interview

Was asked several questions regarding school and previous work experience. Very casual and interviewer made it very comfortable.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Mars Agency (Southfield, MI) in April 2010.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview I had at Mars. I haven't heard back yet regarding an offer, but I was impressed during my interview and thought it seemed like a great company to work form. Many of the employees have worked there for 7+ years. Overall, they seem like a bright bunch. The interview was very casual and relaxed, but I did get drilled with questions at a couple of points. I appreciated my interviewers making sure there was time for me to ask all of the questions that I wanted to.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mars Agency (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Negative atmosphere. I felt unwelcome and that interviewing me was an imposition; i believe that they took one look at me and didn't want me to be there. I am a recognized professional and was dumbfounded.

Interview Questions

The Mars Agency Response

Apr 11, 2018 – Director, People & Culture

Thank you for providing your feedback. On behalf of The Mars Agency, I want to apologize for your interview experience. This is not consistent with our values, and we are taking corrective action to... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mars Agency (Southfield, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

They brought me in for an interview with 2 account managers - one seemed rude and the other was pretty nice. There wasn't much info on the company or job or work atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• standard industry questions, previous employment and experience.   1 Answer

AE Interview

Interview

Just your routine interview questions

Negotiation

Talked with HR

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mars Agency.

Interview

Interview specifics were clear as to time and who you would be interviewing. Arrived a few minutes early. Waited 15 minutes in an empty lobby. Someone finally noticed I was there. First interview was professional; second was not. The interviewer spent the first half telling me about his accomplishments, one uping anything I said when I tried to steer the interview to my qualifications, and comparing who I knew at my current employer. Second half was the interviewer checking his phone. Very off-putting.

Interview Questions

• Ok, interviews over, what do you really want to know?   1 Answer

The Mars Agency Response

Jul 19, 2017 – Director, People & Culture

Thanks for your honest feedback. We're sorry you had a negative experience, and want you to know this is not our standard practice at The Mars Agency. We'll take your experience into account when we... More

Director Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mars Agency.

Interview

Straightforward and very communicative. Nice people. Friendly and smart. A little bit lengthy but that happens with a lot of agencies. Got to meet people in the local office and talk to people at HQ on the phone. Got a good feel of the culture and expectations of the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience and examples of ways I’ve dealt with certain situations (clients, co-workers, and as a manager)   Answer Question

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Mars Agency (Seattle, WA) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from a recruiter asking to set up a phone interview. Phone screen went well and recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that interview I was contacted again and asked to set up a Skype interview with the team I'd be working with. Received an offer the following week.

Overall process was extremely fast and the recruiter kept me in the loop the entire time even though it was during the holidays.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my relevant experience and how it would transition into this role.   Answer Question