The Medicines Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Customer Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Medicines Company (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the Human Strategy Recruiter over the phone. Next, I spoke with a manager from a different territory and another recently hired CSM. I then met with the hiring manager in person. I visited the home office and individually met with the Recruitment Coordinator, Director of Human Strategy, Human Strategy Recruiter, and Senior Director Change and Account Management. I finished interviewing with a phone interview with the National Vice President of Sales.

Through the entire interview process, everyone was very professional, supportive, and genuine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was very pleased with The Medicines Company offer. The company feels very different than other pharma companies, as it appears that they don't play games and work hard to present the best offer possible.

Qualiy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Medicines Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple, back-to-back interviews on site. Site coordinator gave an excellent tour. Recruiter did phone screen prior to on site interview. Benefit folder provided on site. Everyone was friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• After everything you've learned about the company, why do you think you are the best candidate?   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Medicines Company (Birmingham, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen, Manager Face-to-Face with other CSM to discuss product/disease specific information and client targeting. Prepared 90 Plan for managing territory. Onsite Corporate face-to-face interviews (4). Onsite corporate interview with Director and VP-level personnel. Reviewed resume, background/experience, 90 Day Territory Plan, overall company strategy with existing and new products, and reasons why I thought I would be a fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• Past success story that you're most proud of.
      Tell us why you feel you're a fit for the postion.
      Walk us through initial steps for how you would begin managing the territory.
      1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Medicines Company (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

They first gave me an email saying my resume had been chosen and asked what time within the week I would be available to talk with them about a job interview. After that I was basically just talking to them for the bulk of the time. I understand everything and why it was being asked as well

Interview Questions

• What time can you speak with us   1 Answer

Oncology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Medicines Company (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Very nice and friendly. Unfortunately, was left in the dark for 3 weeks wating to hear next steps or if process was still in progress. Finally got an update 3 weeks later. No feedback was shared when asked about performance, qualifications, etc. Dissappointed, as it was a pleasant surprise getting started.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Medicines Company (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Overall it was a great interview process. I spoke first with a recruiter and had a general conversation about my past experience, my current role/company. Then I had a second phone interview with HR Recruiter & Hiring Manager. They followed up in a week, requesting an in-person interview on site with original recruiter, Hiring Manager, a Manager who worked with him and another HR Sr Manager. It was an informative, well structured interview and process which I personally felt very comfortable. Awaiting another interview, and hopefully an offer. Great Company!

Interview Questions

• Please explain an example of one of your analytic reports.   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Medicines Company (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a series of two on one interviews including one over lunch followed by a number of phone interviews with the people back in Parsippany. I thought it flushed out any red flags on both sides and was pleased with the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current position?   1 Answer

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Medicines Company (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was tough but was a very relaxed feeling. It developed more into a conversation than just being drilled with questions. My initial interview was with the hiring manager and another CSM in the territory. The interview lasted about an hour and a half with an opportunity for me to ask question after. This was the first step of the interview and the next step would be to fly to their home office for a 5 person panel interview in which they stressed would be very challenging.

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest achievement in your current role?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Very clear, simple and fast response

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none..

Product Manager Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Medicines Company (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from the manager 2 weeks later. I had a phone interview with standard questions about the healthcare, my background, my experience, why would i be a good fit.
    It seemed like they were looking for higher degree candidate (Phd or MBA) for a junior position.
    They did not get back to me and i had to email them twice to check on my application status, eventually they said they moved on with a better candidate. But 2 weeks later, they reached out to me to continue the interview process with an onsite meeting.
    The onsite interview was really standard but i did not like the fact they were going back and fourth with candidates (no real stability).

Interview Questions

By the time they got back to me (4 weeks later) i had a better offer with a better salary from a different company.