The Melting Pot Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Melting Pot Hostess Interview Questions

Interviews at The Melting Pot

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Arlington, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I met with the assistant manager briefly. It was a very casual, short chat. He said I needed to interview with the manager next. When I got the call to come in again, I came dressed for an interview. When I walked in, they gave me forms to fill out and a dishrag. I was hired. Which I was glad for, but that's not what they said I was coming for and I was in no way ready for training in heels. That experience's theme pretty much stuck throughout my whole time. Just playing catch up because their communication skills suck.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Melting Pot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlantic City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Atlantic City, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

He interviewed me asking basic questions. When he found out i didnt have any experience in being a hostess he seemed disappointed. He showed me around the whole store introducing me to people working there. I thought when he did that i got the job, turns out i didn't.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Reston, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly, the manager was friendly and filling out the paper work after the interview was easy. The whole process was easy because I went in, interviewed, got the job, filled out the paperwork, and left.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I brought my resume and waited nearly 40 minutes for a manager to come and talk to me. The manager didn't want to interview me, so the kitchen manager conducted the interview.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Warm, personable, positive, realistic, and down to earth Owners/Management who realistically and transparently showed you options on how to possibly advance your Career within their Enterprise. They also shared anecdotal and personal success stories which sold me into wanting to be a part of their professional team. While here, I met all sort of people with great personalities. I met other under-cover so to speak artistic types of people, educators, historians, and driven and ambitious future self-employed entrepreneurs. I was even approached by a customer who noticed my character as being kind, authentic, and eloquent and they introduced me to their writing business for side work that I had the potential of looking into. I have made friends here that are true and lasting.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience? Are you friendly? Do you have an ability to prioritize and multi-task?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview

Pretty easy, from what I remember I was called in and asked about my education and employment history. Not too many questions regarding work place situations. The manager was friendly and funny, really laid back and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Louisville, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring Hospitality Manager and the Assistant General Manager. It was pretty standard stuff, "Tell me about yourself...", "What do you o for fun...", questions like that. They have a questionnaire as the last page of the application that asks you about your favorite restaurant and why.