The New England Center for Children Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at The New England Center for Children

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The New England Center for Children (Southborough, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the company, and they replied that they wanted to interview me in person at my earliest convenience. I called up to make an appointment for the next week. They were very forthcoming about the entire experience, and sent me an email as soon as I had confirmed my interview date containing all the information I ever wanted.

When I arrived, I signed in at the front desk, was taken to a conference room, and asked to fill out paperwork for my application. After about half an hour of paperwork, they took us on a tour of the building for an hour. We then returned to the conference room, left to complete paperwork until a teacher came by to take us on a half-hour tour of one of the classrooms. We got to see work in process and were given opportunities to ask questions about the environment. We then returned to the conference room until one of the Recruiting HR reps was available to see me one-on-one. Speaking with the rep for about fifteen minutes, they assured us of any details we were unsure of, and then explained the benefits of working there as well as the salary. I left after that meeting, and within hours I had a formal offer sitting in my email for a job. Because of the contract year, I was given only a few days to accept the offer, but they availed themselves for any questions I might have had.

Level II Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The New England Center for Children.

Interview

You apply online then wait a while. You get a call from HR, and do a quick phone interview. You go in for an interview and a tour of the school. You fill out all the forms. You go on the tour and then meet a current employee who tells you about the teams. You then meet with a person from HR and get your offer.

Level I Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The New England Center for Children (Southborough, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I first met with a recruiter at my college campus and shortly after applied by submitting my resume online. Then, I had a brief phone interview where we discussed what the position entails and also set up an in-person interview at the school. During the second interview the potential candidates were given a tour of the school, then broke off with other employees to oversee instruction, and finished the interview with a meeting with an HR representative.

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The New England Center for Children (Southborough, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a relatively easy process - there was both a phone interview and in person interview; the in person interview was more informative. First you filled out paperwork and watched a video about them; following that you were given a tour as well as had some shadowing time in a classroom. Then you were interview 1:1 with a staff member to go over logistics.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions about why you are interested -- no trick questions   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Interview

Easy. Did not ask questions simply showed us around. The interview is really tonaee how you react to the kids more than anything. Just be natural and if it is your first time working w this population don't let that show.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The New England Center for Children (Southborough, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was great! The HR was nice, and very polite. I was given a paper with questions to answer, and the HR checked on me as I was completing the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience working with people with disabilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The New England Center for Children (Southborough, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

You will first have a pre-interview phone conversation with someone from HR. If they decide you are qualified, they will have you come to the school for a visit and interview. That day, you will first meet either alone or with a group of potential employees with someone to complete the necessary paperwork. They will then take you on a tour of the school. During this tour they are also looking to see how you react to what you are seeing. After, you will meet with someone from HR for the official interview. This is more of a conversation than an interview, though.

Interview Questions

• If you have any questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The New England Center for Children (Southborough, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Filled out paper work, toured the school, observed a classroom, and then interviewed. They watch you to see how you react to students and possible aggressions.They ask basic interview questions. They told me they'd call me in two weeks (I am from out of state). They called me two hours later and offered me the job. They didn't check my background before offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic-why should we hire you, do you have any experience, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The New England Center for Children (Southborough, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

There was no real interview when I finally got called. I was given a tour and then shown my potential contract. After this, I was offered a position and I accepted it.

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The New England Center for Children (Southborough, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

They contacted me a very short time after I applied. I spoke with a member of HR on the phone for 20-30 minutes, then they scheduled an in-person interview for a few weeks later. The interview process was a group-process. Myself and two other individuals were given a packet of information, then we sat in on a video presentation (it was pretty short), and afterwards, we went on a tour of the school and met and observed a team of students. After that, a 1:1 interview was conducted with HR, during which the HR representative told me about NECC and my job responsibilities. She asked a few standard interview questions, then asked me if I had any questions.

Essentially, if you get an in-person interview, you're very likely to be hired.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply for this job? Why are you interested in this field? What are your 5-year goals? 10-year? Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question