The New York Center for Child Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The New York Center for Child Development

1.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at The New York Center for Child Development

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The New York Center for Child Development.

Interview

The ad for the job was very different from what they had told me at the interview. They should be more specific in what they are looking for. They also did not tell us that it will be a group interview. The hr guy made it seem as if it was a one-on-one interview. I was surprised when i got there at how many other people were there. It was a waste of time. The interview process was ok it was basically reciting your resume all over again. Then she had us interact with the kids in a class for 30 minutes. My class did not have a teacher and only 3 students which one of them was sick and left so 2 students. I felt like i didnt have a fair chance at succeeding since i couldn't really prove myself. Aside from that the interviewer told us she had interviewed over 20 potential candidates the day before like thanks for telling us and putting our hopes down. That is not something you say to the interviewees. It was clear what the interviewer was looking for. She was looking for someone who had extensive experience but she still invited people who didnt even have experience and knew she wasnt going to call back. Do yourself the favor and apply somewhere else that has more value and better pay. The pay is bad, no benefits, the classrooms are dirty, and the job ad is misleading.

Interview Questions

Did not accept offer because of the misleading ad and how unhappy i left from that interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The New York Center for Child Development (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was blasé regular questions. Especially if they are in need. You will interview for two days. The suoervisor will ask you a set of questions the first day and put you in the classroom for a few minutes; the second day the supervisor will keep you in the classroom for about two hours. Just so you can get a feel of the classroom.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you worked with children?
      References
      Fingerprints
      Child abuse certification
      And CPR certification. If you do not have these you can be trained to get them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The New York Center for Child Development (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process with NYCCD was not difficult at all. I was asked to come in at a certain hour. Upon arrival, I was greeted by the head teacher, who asked me a handful of questions and showed me around her classroom before escorting me to the HR department. Once I met with HR, I was asked a few follow-up questions, informed of the salary, then thanked for my time and told I would receive a phone call when a decision was made.

Interview Questions

• Both the head teacher and HR representative asked me about any previous experience in the classroom I may have had, the status of my certifications, and whether I intended to enroll in a college program or not.   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The New York Center for Child Development.

Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. I met with another personnel and she took me to my potential class. I met the head teacher and other TAs. They were all very friendly. I even met some of the kids and I got to stay for about 2 hours to get a feel. After I left, I spoke with the person in charge of the interview and she asked me a few questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Really quickly. The hr person was so helpful and friendly. He was also very patient. He explained everything in detail and then I signed.

TA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The New York Center for Child Development.

Interview

Okay, she seem concerned. But really wanted to have a teacher assistant in the classroom. I guess they needed to hired a lot of Teacher assistant. Probably because how rude she is to them. Knowing after the fact.

Pca Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The New York Center for Child Development in November 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview and was scheduled to meet with two psychologist a week later. The interview was pretty straight forward, lasted about 30 min. I was told I would be contacted when a decision was made regarding the position. That was two weeks and I'm still waiting for an answer. They are not very responsive.

Interview Questions

• A lot of senerios about what you would say when you are meeting with a family.   Answer Question

SEIT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The New York Center for Child Development.

Interview

emailed the HR person and waited a week before getting an interview appointed.
    Had a 30 minutes conversation with a SEIT supervisor. She was really nice.
    She asked about my experience based on my resume, school by school and she made comments about her experiences. She also asked about my education.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Long. They are not very responsive. Keep trying to contact them.