The Ohio State University Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.4

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to interview about a week later. Received an in-person interview a week or so after that. Offered a position one week from in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to changes in policy or procedures?   Answer Question
    • Hypothetical: Let's say you're applying to a job, and it's set to close in an hour, it's Sunday night, you go to submit the app, and you get an error saying you can't submit it, something happened. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • What do you think when you hear the job title "Systems Analyst?"   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online. the process was relatively straightforward, I received an email that asked me to schedule an in-person interview with my supervisor. It was a very standard interview with behavioral questions that tested fit and my past work experiences. Low pressure and casual.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Administrative HR staff in Psychology Dept interviewed me and made attempts to get me to side with them vs. faculty and students. Created negative perception of faculty and some individual staff. Not confidence inspiring or a nice welcome.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Building Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with a group of three people . The position was between me and one other person after the interviews. The other candidate was chosen because he had a little more direct experience.

Student Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Straightforward questions partaking to help desk experience. More than anything looking for competency, and sociability. Most if not everyone there was just trying to find someone who could work well with a team. You will be working closely with a lot of other faculty, and students. The things you will be doing would be learned on the job, so just being able to be social is important. Smile and look normal, and you should be good to go.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about your resume? Have you ever dealt with customers? How are you with working with computers?   1 Answer

Student Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

very relaxed atmosphere. It is expected that you are relaxed and answer questions honestly. It is in your interest to do so because they will expect whatever you say in your interview to be forreal and on top of it you interact with those that are interviewing you every day.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Called within 24 hours of submitting my resume. I had a 50 minute phone interview that was very friendly and not too complicated. I was very qualified for the position as I have been doing the same work for many years, but did not move on to the next round for panel interview. I had to email the phone interviewer to find out about my status and they responded 4 days later. I followed up for feedback to improve candidacy, but they did not respond to this.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Application portal online. Was invited for in-person interview 4-6 weeks later. Didn't hear anything for 3-4 months during which I reached out to the interviewer twice. After some time I saw the position re-post. Guess I didn't get the job, I didn't contact interviewer again.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

1. Applied online at jobsatosu.com
    2. Invited for in person interview via telephone/e-mail (60+ applicants - interviewed 5)
    3. Interview with two staff members and HR employee
    4. Heard back one week later and was told that I had a lot of experience but they wanted someone who had more experience working with faculty members at OSU or another university (non-staff members like professors)

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working and interacting with faculty members at the university?   Answer Question

Special Projects Officer - Research Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online at jobs.osu. A day later, I received a call from the Research Office business manager to come for a scheduled panel interview as well as a confirmation email with who I would meet with, location, directions and time. I went in for the interview, and it was with the "interviewing committee". One of the directors did not show up. There seemed to be a few "interim" directors and assistant directors. They presented themselves as the interviewing committee and then you would have another onsite interview to the next step if selected. It seemed kind of strange - as the panel of three asked a series of pre-selected questions just like a normal interview - behavioral based questions and role playing as well as background questions. They all were nice, but it was not apparent who actually would be your supervisor - two of them spoke more than the other one and asked start dates, etc. And for references. I received an email 10 days that I was not selected to move forward in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handle competing priorities and a customer demanding you do something all by the end of the day when it was obvious you could not accomplish it all by the end of the day?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult coworker in which you had to handle the situation effectively while still keeping the project on schedule?   Answer Question
    • What software have you used for budgeting and financial management?   Answer Question