The Ohio State University Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

2.4

124 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I showed up and left a resume for them to review. They contacted me back to inform me that I had gotten the job. I also happen to know they would have contacted me if I had NOT gotten the job. We scheduled an interview that fit with my schedule and and I came in. After that came several weeks of filling out paperwork and waiting for things to happen.

Interview Questions

• How to fix a problem, handle an upset customer, etc. I assume they change it for every person.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to interview about a week later. Received an in-person interview a week or so after that. Offered a position one week from in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to changes in policy or procedures?   Answer Question
    • Hypothetical: Let's say you're applying to a job, and it's set to close in an hour, it's Sunday night, you go to submit the app, and you get an error saying you can't submit it, something happened. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • What do you think when you hear the job title "Systems Analyst?"   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online. the process was relatively straightforward, I received an email that asked me to schedule an in-person interview with my supervisor. It was a very standard interview with behavioral questions that tested fit and my past work experiences. Low pressure and casual.

Training Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

What interview? They post a job with very specific qualifications and then don't call the people who have those very specific qualifications. I had a brief chat with the hiring manager - then...ghost.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Administrative HR staff in Psychology Dept interviewed me and made attempts to get me to side with them vs. faculty and students. Created negative perception of faculty and some individual staff. Not confidence inspiring or a nice welcome.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Student Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was an In-person interview. Most of the questions asked were about the food service and hospitality sectors. Some personal questions were based on time and conflict management. The interview also consisted of making me familiar with the processes around the building.

Building Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with a group of three people . The position was between me and one other person after the interviews. The other candidate was chosen because he had a little more direct experience.

HR Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial contact was a telephone screen from the HR department. A week later the HR contact called to schedule another telephone interview with the manager and Director of Department. I was then contacted by HR to schedule a face-to-face interview with the manager, technical manager, Director of the department.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. I was told about all the things I would have to do in the position, and I was then asked why I thought i would be a good fit for the position. Standard stuff

Student Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Straightforward questions partaking to help desk experience. More than anything looking for competency, and sociability. Most if not everyone there was just trying to find someone who could work well with a team. You will be working closely with a lot of other faculty, and students. The things you will be doing would be learned on the job, so just being able to be social is important. Smile and look normal, and you should be good to go.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about your resume? Have you ever dealt with customers? How are you with working with computers?   1 Answer