The Ohio State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Ohio State University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 1, 2017

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

It was just a meet and greet. Job was not a fit for retirement. More jobs than expected are actually “hired”before the job is ever posted. These “meet and greets”help to determine what kind of position may be posted.

Patient Access Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

I was in a room with one woman (there should have been more but I was there so early), she asked me standard interview questions. It was very formal and the woman who interviewed me was a supervisor, but wouldn't have been my supervisor so it felt strange. The first step was a digital interview which was also strange.

Training Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

What interview? They post a job with very specific qualifications and then don't call the people who have those very specific qualifications. I had a brief chat with the hiring manager - then...ghost.

Front Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Carrollton, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application followed by panel interview of 5 current emoloyees, 3 in County, 2 out of County. Each person asked their own questions. Required submission of 2 to 3 skills assessments. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If one of the office personelle was busy, and a customer wanted to speak with them, how could I respond to customer respectfully?   Answer Question

Building Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with a group of three people . The position was between me and one other person after the interviews. The other candidate was chosen because he had a little more direct experience.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Called within 24 hours of submitting my resume. I had a 50 minute phone interview that was very friendly and not too complicated. I was very qualified for the position as I have been doing the same work for many years, but did not move on to the next round for panel interview. I had to email the phone interviewer to find out about my status and they responded 4 days later. I followed up for feedback to improve candidacy, but they did not respond to this.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Application portal online. Was invited for in-person interview 4-6 weeks later. Didn't hear anything for 3-4 months during which I reached out to the interviewer twice. After some time I saw the position re-post. Guess I didn't get the job, I didn't contact interviewer again.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

1. Applied online at jobsatosu.com
    2. Invited for in person interview via telephone/e-mail (60+ applicants - interviewed 5)
    3. Interview with two staff members and HR employee
    4. Heard back one week later and was told that I had a lot of experience but they wanted someone who had more experience working with faculty members at OSU or another university (non-staff members like professors)

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working and interacting with faculty members at the university?   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

There is an app., essay, and an interview process in front of 2-3 people. It was stressful, but the people are nice. It was stressful, but the people are nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you overcame a challenging situation.   Answer Question

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I tested for my abilities and experience in this type of work. I was then contacted by a supervisor who set up an interview within the week. I sat before a board of 5 very professional and experienced public safety employees who, in a very relaxed environment asked me specific questions and for examples of my past experiences. This was rather refreshing being that they were not the usual interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Described past security experience.   1 Answer