The Ohio State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.2

Building Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with a group of three people . The position was between me and one other person after the interviews. The other candidate was chosen because he had a little more direct experience.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Called within 24 hours of submitting my resume. I had a 50 minute phone interview that was very friendly and not too complicated. I was very qualified for the position as I have been doing the same work for many years, but did not move on to the next round for panel interview. I had to email the phone interviewer to find out about my status and they responded 4 days later. I followed up for feedback to improve candidacy, but they did not respond to this.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Application portal online. Was invited for in-person interview 4-6 weeks later. Didn't hear anything for 3-4 months during which I reached out to the interviewer twice. After some time I saw the position re-post. Guess I didn't get the job, I didn't contact interviewer again.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

1. Applied online at jobsatosu.com
    2. Invited for in person interview via telephone/e-mail (60+ applicants - interviewed 5)
    3. Interview with two staff members and HR employee
    4. Heard back one week later and was told that I had a lot of experience but they wanted someone who had more experience working with faculty members at OSU or another university (non-staff members like professors)

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working and interacting with faculty members at the university?   Answer Question

Special Projects Officer - Research Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online at jobs.osu. A day later, I received a call from the Research Office business manager to come for a scheduled panel interview as well as a confirmation email with who I would meet with, location, directions and time. I went in for the interview, and it was with the "interviewing committee". One of the directors did not show up. There seemed to be a few "interim" directors and assistant directors. They presented themselves as the interviewing committee and then you would have another onsite interview to the next step if selected. It seemed kind of strange - as the panel of three asked a series of pre-selected questions just like a normal interview - behavioral based questions and role playing as well as background questions. They all were nice, but it was not apparent who actually would be your supervisor - two of them spoke more than the other one and asked start dates, etc. And for references. I received an email 10 days that I was not selected to move forward in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handle competing priorities and a customer demanding you do something all by the end of the day when it was obvious you could not accomplish it all by the end of the day?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult coworker in which you had to handle the situation effectively while still keeping the project on schedule?   Answer Question
    • What software have you used for budgeting and financial management?   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

There is an app., essay, and an interview process in front of 2-3 people. It was stressful, but the people are nice. It was stressful, but the people are nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you overcame a challenging situation.   Answer Question

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I tested for my abilities and experience in this type of work. I was then contacted by a supervisor who set up an interview within the week. I sat before a board of 5 very professional and experienced public safety employees who, in a very relaxed environment asked me specific questions and for examples of my past experiences. This was rather refreshing being that they were not the usual interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Described past security experience.   1 Answer

Resource Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview. The recruiter said he would present my information to the hiring team. I was selected for an in-person interview. The interview was scheduled for 2 hours. I met with the whole team in the interview. I was asked to bring a work sample. It has been over a month but I have not heard back even after a follow up email. I assume I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of working in a cross-departmental project.   Answer Question

Director of Youth and Family Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a one-on-one interview with a woman who would be my immediate supervisor. After that interview, there was a panel interview with five women asking me questions. The panel interview was intimidating, and three out of the five women kept poker faces the entire time. The overall experience was not awful and I was surprised to learn that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• One thing the panel asked me was have I had trouble with people of color on the job and, if so, how did I handle it.   1 Answer

Nurse Navigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Telephonic and then face to face meeting. we reviewed my history and why I wanted to work at that site. We discussed the position and the requirements needed for the job.