The Ohio State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Ohio State University Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.5

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

Overall it went smoothly. The interviewers are very nice. They ask lots of detail questions about the research and techniques. So be prepared to know your job duties well.

Interview Questions

Interview

Met with the program leader and the professor that I would be assisting. There was very little else to do. Probably the most difficult part was discovering the program and going to find the people that could help me. I spoke with many professors until I located the program that had an open slot for me.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to do research, how my class schedule would affect me, if I had enough time available to put 10 hours per week in.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to interview about a week later. Received an in-person interview a week or so after that. Offered a position one week from in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to changes in policy or procedures?   Answer Question
    • Hypothetical: Let's say you're applying to a job, and it's set to close in an hour, it's Sunday night, you go to submit the app, and you get an error saying you can't submit it, something happened. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • What do you think when you hear the job title "Systems Analyst?"   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied online. the process was relatively straightforward, I received an email that asked me to schedule an in-person interview with my supervisor. It was a very standard interview with behavioral questions that tested fit and my past work experiences. Low pressure and casual.

Resident Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

It lasted about 45 minutes and was a professional but friendly atmosphere. This is dependent on the interviewer because though all the questions are standard, the interviewers are almost always going to be different.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online, was emailed back about interview times, set up interview time, 20 minute interview with a hiring manager, got an email that said I got the job within a few days.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

I applied and heard back quickly from hiring manager. I was first interviewed by the manager, and then the administrator of the department I applied for. Both the manager and administrator were helpful in making sure I had directions on how to get to location and made me feel comfortable. Overall, very positive experience and no surprising questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you encountered conflict and how did you handle it.
      Give example of a time when you had to work with others that were different from you.
      Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Interview

they asked me a lot of behavioral questions, they asked me about my personal accomplishments, what I do best, what I do not do best. what are my strengths? what are my weaknesses? How have you shown leadership within the company already?

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the line is out the door and you are down an employee?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Administrative HR staff in Psychology Dept interviewed me and made attempts to get me to side with them vs. faculty and students. Created negative perception of faculty and some individual staff. Not confidence inspiring or a nice welcome.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Building Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with a group of three people . The position was between me and one other person after the interviews. The other candidate was chosen because he had a little more direct experience.