The Ohio State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.4

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Online application followed by a phone interview with 6 people. I then had to make a presentation to the student employees and the staff, this was followed by a interview with senior leadership, then one on one with hiring supervisor followed by director I had informal meet and greet with student employees and other staff

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths why do you want this job how are you qualified   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

many applicant the year before, must be punctual with dates. it helps to have friends / acquaintences in University Housing. I knew one of the directors. Once the initial screening happens, the group interviews come. they screen out mass amounts of people thorough watching team building events and how you lead and can play nice with a team. after group interviews are individual interviews with housing directors that liked you in the group sessions. this is the time to be punctual to the T and dressed to impress. they want personality!

Interview Questions

• how many golf balls would it take to fill this room?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University in November 2009.

Interview

*online application, resume, cover letter and reference sheet
    *1/2 hour appointment for phone interview slot, 10 total applicants interviewed and only 3 to make final interview for the job
    *very formal and uncomfortable over the phone, I felt it was very difficult to correspond with 4 people on the phone

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you did not know the answer to a question asked by your superior (related to a recent project), how would/did you answer?   Answer Question

Systems Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University in July 2008.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and well thought out. The hiring manager cared about the position and the interview planning represented his interest in this position being staffed successfully.

The initial contact was on a Saturday afternoon, seemed strange at the time, and the interviews were setup for the follow week. The initial face to face interview was conducted by a panel of senior representatives from the department. This interview was followed a week later by another, smaller panel interview. The final interview was conducted by the hiring manager, who participated in all the panel interviews.

The office, people, and culture all seemed very friendly, open, and inviting. I chose the accept the offer based on 1) what I could learn from the hiring manager 2) the new skills and experience I would be exposed to 3) the perception that I had skills and knowledge that could be immediately applied to improve the team's performance 4) the environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest recent work related challenge and how you were able to over come the situation by asking others for help.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick. Not quite the salary that I had anticipated but when calculating the other benefits into the equation, this position won out.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Application portal online. Was invited for in-person interview 4-6 weeks later. Didn't hear anything for 3-4 months during which I reached out to the interviewer twice. After some time I saw the position re-post. Guess I didn't get the job, I didn't contact interviewer again.

PGY1 Pharmacy Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

After submitting a written application, I interviewed on site during a tour of the various residency positions within the OSU Residency Program. I had a chance to observe each of 3 various primary practice sites, as well as interview with the current residents and residency preceptors and director.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to complete a community pharmacy residency?   1 Answer

Career Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a panel. Second interview was over skype, also with a panel. Third interview was in-person. First with executive director, then with hiring manager, then a presentation to a large group. I was asked to present on a topic relevant to the role.

Interview Questions

• How would you advise a student wishing to change careers?   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

There is an app., essay, and an interview process in front of 2-3 people. It was stressful, but the people are nice. It was stressful, but the people are nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you overcame a challenging situation.   Answer Question

Resource Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview. The recruiter said he would present my information to the hiring team. I was selected for an in-person interview. The interview was scheduled for 2 hours. I met with the whole team in the interview. I was asked to bring a work sample. It has been over a month but I have not heard back even after a follow up email. I assume I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of working in a cross-departmental project.   Answer Question

Director of Youth and Family Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a one-on-one interview with a woman who would be my immediate supervisor. After that interview, there was a panel interview with five women asking me questions. The panel interview was intimidating, and three out of the five women kept poker faces the entire time. The overall experience was not awful and I was surprised to learn that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• One thing the panel asked me was have I had trouble with people of color on the job and, if so, how did I handle it.   1 Answer