The Ohio State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Ohio State University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.4

Dental Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process went every fast. Human Resources will not return your calls. The interview is a panel interview. Little much when you think your walking into a two or three person interview.

Training Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

What interview? They post a job with very specific qualifications and then don't call the people who have those very specific qualifications. I had a brief chat with the hiring manager - then...ghost.

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Disorganized. Interview schedule not provided until night before my flight out, including being asked to present on a requested topic. Did not allow enough time for various meetings or present any sense of what they wanted out of the position. Overall, a lack of professionalism and administrative competence was on full display—canary in the coal mine..

Interview Questions

• What type of institution would you ideally see yourself working for?   Answer Question

Lab Monitor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

There was no real interview process for this position. The employer just required that you were an Electrical and Computer Engineering student and that you took the labs and performed well in them.

Grader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Discuss my learning experience for the course. Prove problem solving skills and sense of responsibility. Discuss my learning experience for the course. Prove problem solving skills and sense of responsibility.

Interview Questions

• How do you like the course?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. Asked simple questions about your experience and how you get along with others. Heard back the next day if I was offered the job or not. You want to be able to work the whole season 6 months. they don't want people who are working half the season or just summer.

Interview Questions

• how long are you available for?   1 Answer

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Poorly organized and unprofessional. I've seen students welcomed more warmly and with a greater sense of purpose. Terrible first impression. There was nothing difficult about it other than overlooking clear indolence and poor administrative practices.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult about it other than overlooking clear indolence and poor administrative practices. There was nothing difficult about it other than overlooking clear indolence and poor administrative practices. There was nothing difficult about it other than overlooking clear indolence and poor administrative practices.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University in May 2017.

Interview

Very casual and comfortable interview with two people from the department. Only lasted 20 minutes and the questions asked were straightforward and easy to answer. Asked a few hypothetical/scenario type questions, but nothing too daunting or complex. Overall a very easy and pleasant interview, and they basically offered me the position at the end of the it all.

Interview Questions

• What has prepared you to work with a diverse group of people?   Answer Question
    • What role do you assume when taking on group projects?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach and handle multitasking several projects at once?   Answer Question

Physics Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was very informal, quick, and painless with the manager of the tutoring operation. I spoke briefly about my experience with the Physics department at Ohio State, as well as some other coursework and research I had done.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions were asked. We really only discussed my experience at Ohio State.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. the process was relatively straightforward, I received an email that asked me to schedule an in-person interview with my supervisor. It was a very standard interview with behavioral questions that tested fit and my past work experiences. Low pressure and casual.