The Ohio State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.5

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

There is an app., essay, and an interview process in front of 2-3 people. It was stressful, but the people are nice. It was stressful, but the people are nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you overcame a challenging situation.   Answer Question

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I tested for my abilities and experience in this type of work. I was then contacted by a supervisor who set up an interview within the week. I sat before a board of 5 very professional and experienced public safety employees who, in a very relaxed environment asked me specific questions and for examples of my past experiences. This was rather refreshing being that they were not the usual interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Described past security experience.   1 Answer

Student Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Come prepared with a basic resume (or in some cases the one you previously submitted is enough). Usually another student is doing the interview so it feels very laid back; however, this definitely does not make it any less serious. A big part of the interview was the interviewer giving a hypothetical situation with a customer and asking you how you would handle the situation. They are especially looking for strong leadership skills.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Panel Interview ending with a demonstration. Consisted of myself and three of the department heads. They asked the typical interview questions, and ended with a 8 minute demonstration on how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to keep control of your presentation even with young children?   Answer Question

Residence Hall Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University in March 2016.

Interview

I did a first round in person interview with Ohio State. It was a really simple and straight forward interview. Alll of their questions were based on their 4 core values - community, learning, inclusion, and wellness. There was one question for each value, and it was basically "How do you incorporate x into your work?"

It wasn't a great fit.

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

apply online through campus career website, then you will receive an email from the director to schedule an interview with the team. after the interview, it will take couple days to received the final result

Interview Questions

• tell us a situation when you have conflict with the customer and how you solve it   Answer Question

Resource Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview. The recruiter said he would present my information to the hiring team. I was selected for an in-person interview. The interview was scheduled for 2 hours. I met with the whole team in the interview. I was asked to bring a work sample. It has been over a month but I have not heard back even after a follow up email. I assume I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of working in a cross-departmental project.   Answer Question

PGY1 Pharmacy Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

After submitting a written application, I interviewed on site during a tour of the various residency positions within the OSU Residency Program. I had a chance to observe each of 3 various primary practice sites, as well as interview with the current residents and residency preceptors and director.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to complete a community pharmacy residency?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Asked professor if they had research opportunity. The professor I emailed had a position and my qualifications fit the position. They want to know if you are really interested in researching in the group and that you want to go to graduate school. In my case I would like to do both. Great opportunity.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process is easy and simple. You fill out an online form and the manager calls you if they like your answers or if you have relevant experience. Then there is a short 10-15 mins interview asking basic questions. the manager will let you know if they want you or not right then. You start working soon after that. you have a 2 day oreintation for which you get paid and also some skills training for which they pay you. It a simple process overall.

Interview Questions

• WHy do you wnat work here?
      why do you like dining services?
      have you worked in dining servies before?
      have you worked as a sales person before?
      Answer Question

See What The Ohio State University Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Graduate Research Assistant in Columbus, OH

Pros: “I can only say from my experience in the College of Engineering, but the GRA positions are fantastic and expose you to a lot of unique and challenging opportunities while fulfilling your...”“I can only say from my experience in the College of Engineering, but the GRA positions are fantastic and expose you to a lot of unique and challenging opportunities while fulfilling your research requirements. Having all tuition and fees paid for is a huge benefit (including optional student health insurance) and the stipend is competitive with other major research universities. I was even reimbursed for mileage since my position was stationed 50 miles from campus and I had to commute there 2-3 times a week.” – Full Review