The Ohio State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.5

Training Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

What interview? They post a job with very specific qualifications and then don't call the people who have those very specific qualifications. I had a brief chat with the hiring manager - then...ghost.

Resident Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

It lasted about 45 minutes and was a professional but friendly atmosphere. This is dependent on the interviewer because though all the questions are standard, the interviewers are almost always going to be different.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online, was emailed back about interview times, set up interview time, 20 minute interview with a hiring manager, got an email that said I got the job within a few days.

Front Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Carrollton, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application followed by panel interview of 5 current emoloyees, 3 in County, 2 out of County. Each person asked their own questions. Required submission of 2 to 3 skills assessments. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If one of the office personelle was busy, and a customer wanted to speak with them, how could I respond to customer respectfully?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

I applied and heard back quickly from hiring manager. I was first interviewed by the manager, and then the administrator of the department I applied for. Both the manager and administrator were helpful in making sure I had directions on how to get to location and made me feel comfortable. Overall, very positive experience and no surprising questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you encountered conflict and how did you handle it.
      Give example of a time when you had to work with others that were different from you.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Interview

they asked me a lot of behavioral questions, they asked me about my personal accomplishments, what I do best, what I do not do best. what are my strengths? what are my weaknesses? How have you shown leadership within the company already?

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the line is out the door and you are down an employee?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Administrative HR staff in Psychology Dept interviewed me and made attempts to get me to side with them vs. faculty and students. Created negative perception of faculty and some individual staff. Not confidence inspiring or a nice welcome.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Dental Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process went every fast. Human Resources will not return your calls. The interview is a panel interview. Little much when you think your walking into a two or three person interview.

Building Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with a group of three people . The position was between me and one other person after the interviews. The other candidate was chosen because he had a little more direct experience.

HR Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial contact was a telephone screen from the HR department. A week later the HR contact called to schedule another telephone interview with the manager and Director of Department. I was then contacted by HR to schedule a face-to-face interview with the manager, technical manager, Director of the department.