The Ohio State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.4

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Asked professor if they had research opportunity. The professor I emailed had a position and my qualifications fit the position. They want to know if you are really interested in researching in the group and that you want to go to graduate school. In my case I would like to do both. Great opportunity.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process is easy and simple. You fill out an online form and the manager calls you if they like your answers or if you have relevant experience. Then there is a short 10-15 mins interview asking basic questions. the manager will let you know if they want you or not right then. You start working soon after that. you have a 2 day oreintation for which you get paid and also some skills training for which they pay you. It a simple process overall.

Interview Questions

• WHy do you wnat work here?
      why do you like dining services?
      have you worked in dining servies before?
      have you worked as a sales person before?   Answer Question

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I was interviewed by the senior team of the research lab who were working on the major grant that is being hired through.

I came in with resumes for everyone and we began. I was asked a series of questions varying from technical expertise to personal hobbies.

At the end, I was told to keep my ear out for a call for my references.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high pressure situations?   1 Answer

Community Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH).

Interview

They had a two cut process. One was online application and another was a in person interview. The in person interview weigh significantly as you must answer key points and you are rated right after the interview. There were many applicants for this position. I also had to interview with a potential Hall Director in order to see if I would be a good fit with them. After this was completed I was given an offer.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Short and sweet sit down. Lengthy certification and training process. The head trainer has a very strong background in sports and fitness, so there is also a practical process where you have to prove your skills through demonstrative effort. You must also pass the certification exam and achieve a satisfactory score on the entrance exam while also providing certification in CPR/AED.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when your client feels sick?   1 Answer

Media Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very formal, at first, compared to what I'm used to. An assistant set up the interview with me via phone and email, set ample documents about an interview itinerary (that was a first), parking, etc. Once I met with the two folks I was interviewing with, though, it was less formal and comfortable. They were very professional, seemed genuinely interested in me and what I was saying. It was also more of an intellectual conversation, rather than being grilled. I appreciated their professionalism while also being sociable and welcoming.

Director of Youth and Family Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a one-on-one interview with a woman who would be my immediate supervisor. After that interview, there was a panel interview with five women asking me questions. The panel interview was intimidating, and three out of the five women kept poker faces the entire time. The overall experience was not awful and I was surprised to learn that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• One thing the panel asked me was have I had trouble with people of color on the job and, if so, how did I handle it.   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was a standard on campus interview. they asked about major and sills for the job. They asked about any past experience that could be helpful. They asked about other things like schedule and understanding of task and the like.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online then brought in for an interview. The employees were friendly and easy to get a long with. I can see how it is very competitive to get a job with Ohio State.

Dining Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Asked some basic question by manager and hand in your schedule time sheet.Then they will ask where do you want to work and which type of working you prefer, also they would tell you the training and working hour if you are hired

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience working at dining service   Answer Question